39 Dale Thomas
40 Michael Jamison
41 Levi Casboult ?
42 Zach Tuohy
43 Simon White
44 Andrew Carrazzo
46 David Ellard

Bold= Delist/Trade/Retire

Now that our season is over, I thought I would post my opinion on the delists/trades that could occur.

Hoping Gartlett and Robbo will stay, although they probably don't have a hope in hell... My Dad was saying that this could be the making of Robbo, he referred to Stevie J and the trouble Geelong had with him.

Also, What are everyone's thoughts on Temay, Giles and Holman? I didn't really get a good look at Holman when he debuted and haven't looked much into Temay and Giles (although he has been injured).

Not sure about Waite, I think it wouldn't be such an enormous loss as he was never the future of our club... Speaking of which, I'm keeping my fingers, toes crossed that Levi signs a contract soon!

1 Andrew Walker
2 Troy Menzel
3 Marc Murphy
4 Bryce Gibbs
5 Chris Judd
6 Kade Simpson
7 Dylan Buckley
8 Matthew Kreuzer
9 Kane Lucas
10 Matthew Watson
11 Robert Warnock
12 Mitch Robinson *
13 Chris Yarran
14 Brock McLean
15 Sam Docherty
16 Patrick Cripps
17 Sam Rowe
18 Tom Temay ?
19 Cameron Giles ?
20 Nick Holman ?
21 Josh Bootsma

23 Lachie Henderson
26 Andrew McInnes
27 Dennis Armfield

28 Tom Bell
29 Heath Scotland (R)
30 Jarrad Waite ?

32 Nick Graham
33 Andrejs Everitt
34 Nick Duigan (R)
35 Ed Curnow
38 Jeff Garlett *
39 Dale Thomas
40 Michael Jamison
41 Levi Casboult ?
42 Zach Tuohy
43 Simon White
44 Andrew Carrazzo
46 David Ellard

Bold= Delist/Trade/Retire

Now that our season is over, I thought I would post my opinion on the delists/trades that could occur.

Hoping Gartlett and Robbo will stay, although they probably don't have a hope in hell... My Dad was saying that this could be the making of Robbo, he referred to Stevie J and the trouble Geelong had with him.

Also, What are everyone's thoughts on Temay, Giles and Holman? I didn't really get a good look at Holman when he debuted and haven't looked much into Temay and Giles (although he has been injured).

Not sure about Waite, I think it wouldn't be such an enormous loss as he was never the future of our club... Speaking of which, I'm keeping my fingers, toes crossed that Levi signs a contract soon!
Giles and Holman are in no trouble... only their first year!!

Temay on the other hand...

Sugar looked really comfortable out there yesterday with the team. Is he not popular with the playing group?

Lucas comes across as someone who doesn't work anywhere near hard enough for someone of his supposed capability.

Take for instance his goal in the third quarter. Did this happen because of hard work? No. Watch the footage. Lucas did not chase or pressure out of the forward line. He does the old lazy step over his team mate on the ground and walks after his opponent.

Then it just so happens the ball is turned over up field and because he didn't chase his opponent, he is amazingly in open space. Takes the mark, kicks the goal.

There's other examples of where, if he was a true hard worker, he should have been more involved. Not good enough to play full TOG and only accumulate 11 possessions to have only 50% disposal efficiency and lay just the one tackle. They're all the hallmarks of a lazy footballer. If he busted a gut over summer and then backed that up with aggression and determination on the field, he could be a standout player. If he doesn't want to do that, he should have no place on the list.

Herald Sun is reporting Jarrod is all but gone, but is making us 'Waite' at least another week before informing us of his decision.

Reckon he is North bound from the sounds of it, probably waiting for North's finals campaign to be over before announcing it (reckon they will get rolled by Essendon TBH)

I reckon Waite knows that if Levi goes, he'll be able to squeeze an extra year out of us.

If we can keep Waite and/or casboult, I'd persist with Watson up forward and have hendo go back.

White has been much better this year, but he can't be in best 22 if we are to get to where we need to go. His decision making and kicking is average at best, thus makes him a liability down back.

Lucas comes across as someone who doesn't work anywhere near hard enough for someone of his supposed capability.

Take for instance his goal in the third quarter. Did this happen because of hard work? No. Watch the footage. Lucas did not chase or pressure out of the forward line. He does the old lazy step over his team mate on the ground and walks after his opponent.

Then it just so happens the ball is turned over up field and because he didn't chase his opponent, he is amazingly in open space. Takes the mark, kicks the goal.

There's other examples of where, if he was a true hard worker, he should have been more involved. Not good enough to play full TOG and only accumulate 11 possessions to have only 50% disposal efficiency and lay just the one tackle. They're all the hallmarks of a lazy footballer. If he busted a gut over summer and then backed that up with aggression and determination on the field, he could be a standout player. If he doesn't want to do that, he should have no place on the list.

Yup. All about want and application with Lucas.

I reckon Waite knows that if Levi goes, he'll be able to squeeze an extra year out of us.

Do get the feeling that if one goes, the other will stay.
And I don't think we're in a position to let two KPP's walk out the door in one off season.
Sure Watson was good on Saturday, but he's not going to kick 4 goals every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I don't think we're in a position to let two KPP's walk out the door in one off season.
Sure Watson was good on Saturday, but he's not going to kick 4 goals every week.

i am not a huge watson fan but have nothing against him but i do enjoy playing devils advocate.

so here i go,
unless im wrong, but how can you say watsoin wont kick 4 each week when wasnt it watsons first propergame as a forward?
so i would most definately give him more time as a forward cause he can actually kick more or less straight.

i dont think watson has waite x factor but i would guess he could be more consistant than waite over a season, possibly with less injuries, and definately no brain frades. Let Waite walk carlton- be bold be brave :D

No forward in the comp kicks 4 every week.

What we do know is that watson has been kicking bags of 3 in the VFL on a pretty regular basis (and having to deal with some pretty terrible delivery). The difference I see between Watson and Casboult is that Cas might have more chances and take more marks up the ground, but Watson is more confident in kicking.

i am not a huge watson fan but have nothing against him but i do enjoy playing devils advocate.

so here i go,
unless im wrong, but how can you say watsoin wont kick 4 each week when wasnt it watsons first propergame as a forward?
so i would most definately give him more time as a forward cause he can actually kick more or less straight.

i dont think watson has waite x factor but i would guess he could be more consistant than waite over a season, possibly with less injuries, and definately no brain frades. Let Waite walk carlton- be bold be brave :D

I'd play Watson forward next year for sure, with Henderson and even Kreuzer.
We've pretty much locked in the backline and they're doing a pretty good back there.
Watson looked as confident as i've ever seen him up forward at AFL level.

No forward in the comp kicks 4 every week.

What we do know is that watson has been kicking bags of 3 in the VFL on a pretty regular basis (and having to deal with some pretty terrible delivery). The difference I see between Watson and Casboult is that Cas might have more chances and take more marks up the ground, but Watson is more confident in kicking.

If we lose Casboult it effectively means we'll have to play two ruckmen next year, so we could see Kreuzer and Wood play together which won't be such a bad thing. Both are good up forward and we all know they can get around the ground much better than Warnock.

Close to 500, hence he's asking us for that.

No way he's worth that much. No way at all. Doggies are crazy if they want to pay him that much. They already have a tall forward who can't kick. Not sure why they want another one.

McInness is a tragedy. He's never been the same since choking in the two finals last year. Looked like a 200 gamer beforehand.

Yeah, looked a keeper but has just completely disappeared off the radar - White has taken his position in the team. If he goes I think he could get picked up as he has shown some ability as a defender and is only 22/23.

Yeah, looked a keeper but has just completely disappeared off the radar - White has taken his position in the team. If he goes I think he could get picked up as he has shown some ability as a defender and is only 22/23.
I dont think we will delist him.....out of everyone on the edge, I just get the feeling he will be safe because the club must acknowledge how difficult it was being a defender in the VFL - and we dont have a surplus of defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back