Eagles fans - Who do you go for next week?

Who will you be backing next week?

• Bloods

Votes: 46 62.2%
  • Frockers

Votes: 28 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol ok
You lose Fyfe, Barlow and Mundy for any reason and you stuggle and thats true of most teams. You will find it hard to replace Pav and McFarlap, Sandipants, they are quality.

Yes, they are quality. But McPharlin has missed most of this year and a large amount of last year. Silvagni will replace him. Griffin / Clarke will replace Sandilands. Jury is still out on the replacement for Pav but Taberner is looking very good for a developing KPF and so is Apeness.

Spoken4, another who has seen the error of their ways and become an Eagles supporter, welcome aboard. ;)

Franklin, Tippet, Goodes etc likable? Is this some sort of bizzaro land. Syds and Essendon are the worst of a s**t lot. Port to thrash Geelong in the GF for comedy value I say.
Franklin yes. Tippet and Goodes more likable from where I am than freos

Franklin yes. Tippet and Goodes more likable from where I am than freos
Goodes, really? You need to see Spoken4's doctor. Tippet, it's more the way they were allowed to get him by dobbing on Adelaide and then still getting him for nix. Really pissed me off.....:mad:

Freo because they are from wa

Hate swans and their cola crap,

Will barrack for hawks over Geelong

Will barrack for Roos over the cheats

Will barrack for port over Richmond but wouldn't mind on that one either way ......

No we won't. Not with younger talent (26 or under) on our playing list like Fyfe, Hill, Barlow, Walters, Neale, Ibbotson, Mayne, Clarke, Sutcliffe, Morabito, Suban, de Boer, Crozier, Taberner, C Pearce, Duffy, Apeness, Hannath and Sheridan.
Other than Fyfe, Walters, Barlow and Neale, not too much to get excited about there. No better than any other side.

Other than Fyfe, Walters, Barlow and Neale, not too much to get excited about there. No better than any other side.

Don't rate Hill? He has been outstanding this year.

I dread the scary possibility where we may be taunting them 3-1... then 3-2. Well the 3-2 taunt wouldn't quite work as all they have to do is say that while both clubs existed, we (West Coast) won one and they (Fremantle) won two. Currently they have a club culture where I don't think they will miss finals anytime soon. Their young players are quite skillful. I agree, after this year and maybe next year, I see a dip but they wont fall out of the 8; more like they will finish 5th to 8th and continually give their new younger players finals experience before they step up and take them into premiership contention once again.

The most scary point of all is that they will be taking market share off of us while they do this, especially if we are still languishing around mid table. I made a prediction at the start of the year and I still stick by it unfortunately, that in ten years time, perhaps even sooner, they would be the biggest club in Western Australia. They have a supporter base which, after a decade of mediocre football, have been bred to support anything, leaving only diehard supporters while the bandwagoners had moved on to other teams. They also have (well up until the new expansion teams came in) the youngest average age of supporter in the AFL (for comparison, we have the oldest, well as of five years ago). Naturally our older supporters will more likely die off compared to their younger ones. And the younger ones who do no support a team right now? Will they support a tough, well run, uncompromising Fremantle who may or may not have success in the near future? Or a brigade of Eagles who may or may not be still mid table?

To top it all aff I'm seriously afraid that our supporter base, and the team itself, is accepting mediocrity. At the present we are a well financed, well supported team and these resources have not been used appropriately. Where are our skillful recruiters? Why is it so hard to recruit decent midfielders? Why do we have fadeouts? And finally, I start a thread on this forum stating how we havent beaten a finallist in two years! View the responses to my thread to see evidence of supporter base accepting mediocrity.

Some Eagle fans give Freo way too much credit for achieving squat..How many die hard docker twits 'jumped on' last year ? I personally know 5 or 6.
Lets hope they are not languishing near the bottom of the ladder when the new stadium is built. Could be quite embarrassing when they have 15000 turn up for their home games. Thats the problem with supporting franchise clubs with a culture of failure. The fake passion and novelty wear off very quickly

edit: Actually lets hope they are languishing near the bottom of the ladder

Last edited:
Yep 'jumped on' is the perfect description of your supporter base. We witnessed that around finals time last year.

Wait until we both go deep into the finals......a lot of Freagles like Quinz will explode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit my interest in AFL has waned this year through to the continuous congested play we see week in and week out, not to mention the constant rule changes that the game doesn't need. I can't think of any other sport in the world that changes its rules every year like the AFL does.

Anyway, I take out Swans membership every season just so I can watch some live AFL but I don't really support the Swans. I travel to Melbourne and Brisbane whenever the Eagles play there.

As for the finals series, I hope Hawthorn win the premiership. I think that they are the best side and have been impressive this season with depleted numbers. I do think it will be a Swans versus Hawthorn grand final and thought that since the beginning of 2014.

If I had to list in preference my teams for winning the premiership in 2014 it would be:
Hawthorn
Swans
Port
North Melbourne
Richmond
Geelong
Fremantle
Essendon

We all know that the premiership winner comes from the top four so I am hoping that the Swans beat Fremantle this week making their task of premiership glory almost impossible.

I must admit my interest in AFL has waned this year through to the continuous congested play we see week in and week out, not to mention the constant rule changes that the game doesn't need. I can't think of any other sport in the world that changes its rules every year like the AFL does.

Anyway, I take out Swans membership every season just so I can watch some live AFL but I don't really support the Swans. I travel to Melbourne and Brisbane whenever the Eagles play there.

As for the finals series, I hope Hawthorn win the premiership. I think that they are the best side and have been impressive this season with depleted numbers. I do think it will be a Swans versus Hawthorn grand final and thought that since the beginning of 2014.

If I had to list in preference my teams for winning the premiership in 2014 it would be:
Hawthorn
Swans
Port
North Melbourne
Richmond
Geelong
Fremantle
Essendon

We all know that the premiership winner comes from the top four so I am hoping that the Swans beat Fremantle this week making their task of premiership glory almost impossible.

This. I thought all bridges were mended when we beat Adelaide for you.

You should be going for us this week, or Simmo will kick yas all in the head (and miss because its Simmo).

Absolutely. Carn the Kangas indeedy and not just because you beat Adelaide in Tassie for us. Just don't want to see Essendon get further than a week 1 knock out.

I also have a supporter based interest in North's progress because of your skipper. Played juniors with him and is a good mate of mine

Absolutely. Carn the Kangas indeedy and not just because you beat Adelaide in Tassie for us. Just don't want to see Essendon get further than a week 1 knock out.

I also have a supporter based interest in North's progress because of your skipper. Played juniors with him and is a good mate of mine

Well you will be happy to know Spitta is back to his best after the Achilles. And not a moment too soon.

Well you will be happy to know Spitta is back to his best after the Achilles. And not a moment too soon.

Absoutely. Timed his run very well. His playing well and feeling well from all reports.

Arguably BOG last weekend but won't be afforded the luxury against the Bombers. Think the human glove Hocking will be hanging off him like a cheap suit

Absoutely. Timed his run very well. His playing well and feeling well from all reports.

Arguably BOG last weekend but won't be afforded the luxury against the Bombers. Think the human glove Hocking will be hanging off him like a cheap suit

I would be ok with that TBH.

Leaves Wells and NDS to run around by themselves.

If only Boomer didn't go around belting blokes.

* sydney. after their dirty tactics on saturday taking franklin out last minute and letting the tigers win out of spite of us they can go * themselves. prefer a pricktorian team to win.

* these two.

go NORF!

Back