Eagles fans - Who do you go for next week?

Who will you be backing next week?

• Bloods

Votes: 46 62.2%
  • Frockers

Votes: 28 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I dread the scary possibility where we may be taunting them 3-1... then 3-2. Well the 3-2 taunt wouldn't quite work as all they have to do is say that while both clubs existed, we (West Coast) won one and they (Fremantle) won two. Currently they have a club culture where I don't think they will miss finals anytime soon. Their young players are quite skillful. I agree, after this year and maybe next year, I see a dip but they wont fall out of the 8; more like they will finish 5th to 8th and continually give their new younger players finals experience before they step up and take them into premiership contention once again.

The most scary point of all is that they will be taking market share off of us while they do this, especially if we are still languishing around mid table. I made a prediction at the start of the year and I still stick by it unfortunately, that in ten years time, perhaps even sooner, they would be the biggest club in Western Australia. They have a supporter base which, after a decade of mediocre football, have been bred to support anything, leaving only diehard supporters while the bandwagoners had moved on to other teams. They also have (well up until the new expansion teams came in) the youngest average age of supporter in the AFL (for comparison, we have the oldest, well as of five years ago). Naturally our older supporters will more likely die off compared to their younger ones. And the younger ones who do no support a team right now? Will they support a tough, well run, uncompromising Fremantle who may or may not have success in the near future? Or a brigade of Eagles who may or may not be still mid table?

To top it all aff I'm seriously afraid that our supporter base, and the team itself, is accepting mediocrity. At the present we are a well financed, well supported team and these resources have not been used appropriately. Where are our skillful recruiters? Why is it so hard to recruit decent midfielders? Why do we have fadeouts? And finally, I start a thread on this forum stating how we havent beaten a finallist in two years! View the responses to my thread to see evidence of supporter base accepting mediocrity.

Cats.

But I don't really care.

To top it all aff I'm seriously afraid that our supporter base, and the team itself, is accepting mediocrity. At the present we are a well financed, well supported team and these resources have not been used appropriately. Where are our skillful recruiters? Why is it so hard to recruit decent midfielders? Why do we have fadeouts? And finally, I start a thread on this forum stating how we havent beaten a finallist in two years! View the responses to my thread to see evidence of supporter base accepting mediocrity.

I've been saying for years until we can beat credible, finals teams in Melbourne (Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn etc) we won't be going anywhere up the ladder.

Last edited:
I dread the scary possibility where we may be taunting them 3-1... then 3-2. Well the 3-2 taunt wouldn't quite work as all they have to do is say that while both clubs existed, we (West Coast) won one and they (Fremantle) won two. Currently they have a club culture where I don't think they will miss finals anytime soon. Their young players are quite skillful. I agree, after this year and maybe next year, I see a dip but they wont fall out of the 8; more like they will finish 5th to 8th and continually give their new younger players finals experience before they step up and take them into premiership contention once again.

The most scary point of all is that they will be taking market share off of us while they do this, especially if we are still languishing around mid table. I made a prediction at the start of the year and I still stick by it unfortunately, that in ten years time, perhaps even sooner, they would be the biggest club in Western Australia. They have a supporter base which, after a decade of mediocre football, have been bred to support anything, leaving only diehard supporters while the bandwagoners had moved on to other teams. They also have (well up until the new expansion teams came in) the youngest average age of supporter in the AFL (for comparison, we have the oldest, well as of five years ago). Naturally our older supporters will more likely die off compared to their younger ones. And the younger ones who do no support a team right now? Will they support a tough, well run, uncompromising Fremantle who may or may not have success in the near future? Or a brigade of Eagles who may or may not be still mid table?

Thats a lot of fear lol.

Meh im not a fan of anyone in the 8. I guess taking into account the cocky supporters I personally know. either Swans or Port for mine. Enjoy backing the underdogs and the Tigers have done remarkably well to make the finals, but I can just picture there toothless, feral supporters already.

Sydney have the COLA but have a more likable punch of players. And they're not Fremantle.
Sydney ftw
Franklin, Tippet, Goodes etc likable? Is this some sort of bizzaro land. Syds and Essendon are the worst of a s**t lot. Port to thrash Geelong in the GF for comedy value I say.

Up the Bloods against the Dockers. And i think the Hawks will do a number on the Cats leaving a major opportunity for a 2012 GF replay, except Buddy will now be a Swan

RR9cbQm.jpg

I want Eightmond to Bradbury to the GF and get beaten by Port. An Essendon flag for the lolz with egg on the face for the AFL.

Last edited:
I want Eightmond to Bradbury to the GF and get beaten by Port. An Essendon flag for the lolz with egg on the face for the AFL.

Would be great to see the Tiggies have a win next weekend (form wise they are one of the best sides going into the finals?) so that SA can drown in there tears of having no teams left in the finals. FWIW I don't think they can Bradbury and get beaten by Port in the GF because they play Port next week and the loser is eliminated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be great to see the Tiggies have a win next weekend (form wise they are one of the best sides going into the finals?) so that SA can drown in there tears of having no teams left in the finals. FWIW I don't think they can Bradbury and get beaten by Port in the GF because they play Port next week and the loser is eliminated.

Oh yeah thats true, well replace Port with Essendon.

I'm going to jump on Freo for the finals.

Good luck for your boys in the finals series Moo. Hopefully you can get a fully fit side back on the park ASAP because someone like McPharlin is a must have player down back especially against Sydney and North/ Essendon who all have potenitally tall forward lines

Good luck for your boys in the finals series Moo. Hopefully you can get a fully fit side back on the park ASAP because someone like McPharlin is a must have player down back especially against Sydney and North/ Essendon who all have potenitally tall forward lines

Cheers mate....I think we are heading for a Hawks v Swans GF, outside of us - N M or Tiges for me

If they don't win it this year (they won't), their window will shut and they'll be back where they belong - languishing in the bottom 4 in front of crowds of 25,000 for the next 5 years.

No we won't. Not with younger talent (26 or under) on our playing list like Fyfe, Hill, Barlow, Walters, Neale, Ibbotson, Mayne, Clarke, Sutcliffe, Morabito, Suban, de Boer, Crozier, Taberner, C Pearce, Duffy, Apeness, Hannath and Sheridan.

No we won't. Not with younger talent (26 or under) on our playing list like Fyfe, Hill, Barlow, Walters, Neale, Ibbotson, Mayne, Clarke, Sutcliffe, Morabito, Suban, de Boer, Crozier, Taberner, C Pearce, Duffy, Apeness, Hannath and Sheridan.

Lol ok
You lose Fyfe, Barlow and Mundy for any reason and you stuggle and thats true of most teams. You will find it hard to replace Pav and McFarlap, Sandipants, they are quality.

Back