2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

There is probably a wedding stylist in Qld called Lions wedding stylists and that is who he has been meeting with. An honest mistake by Browne. As you were everyone.

I've asked this question a couple of times today. No answer as yet. I'm aware a rumour is just that, however the "$$ free" part of the article has me miffed. Is it possible that some of the Bombers adjusted their current contracts with get out clauses following all the drug allegation hoo ha?

There is probably a wedding stylist in Qld called Lions wedding stylists and that is who he has been meeting with. An honest mistake by Browne. As you were everyone.

His fiancee's surname is Lyon. He was meeting with the Lyons.

Oops!

Someone said his wife is from Queensland if that's true maybe she wants to come back to Queensland and that's why he wants to join Brisbane.

Mane St barber shop, West End? :cool:

This has gained too much traction. Stevens is almost certainly going off Browne's information, nothing new there.
Ryder sounded us out because we've publicly stated we're loaded. He's just trying to get a piece of the pie and do what's right for him. I'd be staggered if we sold the farm to get Ryder.

This has gained too much traction. Stevens is almost certainly going off Browne's information, nothing new there.
Ryder sounded us out because we've publicly stated we're loaded. He's just trying to get a piece of the pie and do what's right for him. I'd be staggered if we sold the farm to get Ryder.

Yep... A bit weird for a player in a finals side..

Who knows what happened with contracts with all that ASADA stuff. I guess it could be possible some clauses might be in there though.

I think this is the most likely scenario if it turns out to be true.

Essendon players got injected with s**t by the club. If the club turns around and prevents them from leaving it could potentially open them to lawsuits around violation of their duty of care and claims that the club effectively breached the contract/playing conditions first by not providing a safe workplace.

I doubt there's anything here beyond a reporter big-noting himself, but this is one situation where "under contract" might not mean as much as it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drug cheat with a 2 year ban coming up wants to play for us? I'd offer our second round for Ryder...but no more. We could probably pre-season draft Paddy in 2017 or something if he's still keen after a holiday.

Imagine if we got Beams and Ryder lol. It'd literally be the anti-Voss.

Drug cheat with a 2 year ban coming up wants to play for us? I'd offer our second round for Ryder...but no more. We could probably pre-season draft Paddy in 2017 or something if he's still keen after a holiday.
I think we've had a preview of the wet lettuce justice players are facing with Rugby League players getting an early start to their holidays. 2 years is so unlikely, I wouldn't even factor it in to discussions.

Cap space isn't the issue it's tradeable pieces.

Hard to know what would be on the table but personally I don't think Ryder or Reid are worth pick 4-6 but I'd imagine their clubs fans and their clubs would expect better than our second pick.

Also don't know if our second pick will be available after the bidding process - would we give up rights to andrews or hammer for the chance to put together a package to get one or more of these guys?

Then we've got the players loyalty/culture situation that we might not want to stuff around.

Gold Coast would no doubt be keen for Ryder, we already have big Stef and Luey plus west for back up

And leppitch said A graders not B graders so we should be safe

I think we've had a preview of the wet lettuce justice players are facing with Rugby League players getting an early start to their holidays. 2 years is so unlikely, I wouldn't even factor it in to discussions.

maybe penalties so small because asada charges were BS.
corrupt govt, corrupt afl, Essendon Chairman willing to go along with it.

For the very, very little it is worth, Job Ralph reckons the Lions have $1.1m free in the cap.

Wish journos would provide at least a hint as to how they come up with these types of figures - whether via source or otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back