List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

‘Ticks boxes’ - so doesn’t engage in DV. Deary me.
Correction: doesn't engage in DV in a way that hits the news.

He's already had multiple chances, and he keeps demonstrating he hasn't changed his behaviour. I don't see how much of a difference this is going to make versus the previous sanctions if they weren't enough to make him rethink.

Correction: doesn't engage in DV in a way that hits the news.

He's already had multiple chances, and he keeps demonstrating he hasn't changed his behaviour. I don't see how much of a difference this is going to make versus the previous sanctions if they weren't enough to make him rethink.

I believe people should be given an opportunity to make amends and change and shouldn’t be effectively ‘cancelled’ but at a point someone like Thomas doesn’t deserve to be a highly paid AFL footballer in a very public and privileged role.

He should go and get a real job. How many chances does one need.

Just to be clear, I wasn’t suggesting we consider Tarryn Thomas.

My post was more about St Kilda and the players they’re willing to take a risk on.

They just drafted a kid with reportedly similar behavioural issues, with their last pick in the draft, that every other team passed over multiple times, and was talked up as up as a probable top 30 talent in the draft.

My post was more about St Kilda and the players they’re willing to take a risk on.

They just drafted a kid with reportedly similar behavioural issues, with their last pick in the draft, that every other team passed over multiple times, and was talked up as up as a probable top 30 talent in the draft.

I read it as you giving a summary of what you heard on a podcast or whatever. Didn’t take it as your views.

Carro and the whole podcast tiptoed around actually (not) saying Oliver was on drugs. But they mentioned he spent 5 (I think) weeks in a rehab clinic (again, they mentioned the name of the institution, but didn't say why Oliver was there) . They talked about how superstars get treated different from average players, and it's always been that way.

And Carro said that Melbourne expect Oliver to screw up again. A when, not if, situation.

Then they talked about how Melbourne would probably trade him, and that they would find a team willing to take him on, but that his trade value would be far less than what it might have been, due to his contract and behaviour.

On a separate note, Twomey's "Gettable" podcast is back, and he mentioned that clubs will be monitoring Tarryn Thomas closely this year, to see if he ticks all the boxes behavioural wise, and that St Kilda is a likely destination for him.

And Sam McClure on his podcast mentioned that the AFL is paying out Angus Brayshaw's contract and not Melbourne, and that his paid out contract won't count against Melbourne's salary cap.

Reckon it’s almost certain he gets picked up now.

i didnt read it as that

more expressing that im hoping we are not included in the 'clubs' considering him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back