Women's Footy Non-Lions AFLW Discussion 2023 (Season 8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans success in the AFLW mirrors their team-building philosophy in the men's comp. Built on strong junior development and a deep pockets when cherry-picking stars from other teams

Posted in the wrong thread but the umpiring in this game is SO bad. So so bad. If you thought our game was bad this is next level.

What is strange is that the umpires seem to know the rules, because they will apply them sometimes but they have no consistency and the interpretation seems to change at random between games and within games.

I honestly couldn’t guess much of the time which way the umpire will go even when the rule seems pretty obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're no monte against Geelong on this form, but yes, most likely

EDIT: third time?
I'd be more worried against Geelong, because I'm not sure whether our bogey teams are "not top 4" or specifically "teams not making finals".

I'd be more worried against Geelong, because I'm not sure whether our bogey teams are "not top 4" or specifically "teams not making finals".
I think we struggle a bit to mentally prepare ourselves for playing the non-contenders -- feeling we don't need to play our best footy to win. You'd hope that playing in a final would automatically rule out those sorts of attitudes.

Bec Goddard has pulled the pin at the Hawks
coach no 3 in 3 years coming up for the ex Lions

Average coach and even worse commentator. Hope she stays away from media work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back