Mitch Robinson anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't necessarily need more people who can attack the ball - but we desperately need footballers who can (a) make good decisions and (b) dispose the football effectively. Mitch does not add anything on either count.
A good way to answer the question about Robinson is to ask whether any of the Top 4 would recruit him. They don't recruit players with poor skills.

A lot of people would describe Swan as that person as well but they would still take him at that club.

I am not looking for great personalities or smart people playing for Collingwood. I want a person who will tackle and give his all on the game day and Mitch does that.
Like Heath Shaw? So you don't agree with Buckleys decision?

788a2db531b8016b7a5708cd83a456adce03a45f09f702d37b5600e3835325ab.jpg

Don't we allegedly have enough "toothless cretins" sitting in the stands (according to supporters from most other clubs) without having another one run out on the ground as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purely from a personality point of view I am not opposed to drafting him, if his attitude has improved, maybe delisting may do it. Swan was from all reports an idiot when first drafted i.e. got charged with assault early on.
Football ability he gives his all and does occasionally cross line getting suspended. But for the right price I think he is an upgrade on Blair

Purely from a personality point of view I am not opposed to drafting him, if his attitude has improved, maybe delisting may do it. Swan was from all reports an idiot when first drafted i.e. got charged with assault early on.
Football ability he gives his all and does occasionally cross line getting suspended. But for the right price I think he is an upgrade on Blair

He is taller than Blair...we could soon have the 3rd tallest list in the league!
Seriously, while I appreciate your argument, the reality is that Robinson has poor disposal which Swan doesn't. Mitch undeniably gives his all but the reality is that his skills aren't up to it.

He has aggression and can lift for big games, but ultimately he's a pretty average footballer skill wise and also a average bloke.

I think he'd be an ok for for a st kilda or a GWS who would like a bigger bodied player with a bit of experience, but don't think he fits our lost rebuild.

If it was for nothing id briefly consider, but dare say blues are after a top 30 pick or player trade.

Id put him on par with Blair who is also an average footballer who has a dip...so I'd prefer to stick with Blair

Nope.

He is talented enough to be in the mix for teams on the bottom half of the ladder - but I think the offield issues will make a lot of these clubs hold back - all developing clubs talk about "culture", I think any young club is careful about who they bring.

I actually think that you might see one of the top teams take a punt on him in the rookie draft (if he goes that low) - a playing group that have a strong "culture" about themselves already but just need a bit of quality depth. (Similar to Freo with Sylvia - not sure if he was a rookie or not - but a guy who could've been useful if he turned his attitude around... but isn't really a loss if he doesn't)
If our playing group was 3-4 years older, then I think it would be worth considering him... right now it would probably be to the detriment of the development of our list.

He is taller than Blair...we could soon have the 3rd tallest list in the league!
Seriously, while I appreciate your argument, the reality is that Robinson has poor disposal which Swan doesn't. Mitch undeniably gives his all but the reality is that his skills aren't up to it.

I was more comparing him off the field with Swan. Swan also has steadily improved his disposal (which was a mark against his name very early on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back