Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long before Wright Away wants the "coach in waiting" sacked??

The first time we lose 2 games in a row would be my guess??

If it's someone not to his immediate liking it might be before the "new" coach has even fired a shot in anger!!

Yeah because I really went early with my Sack Trigg avatar, given he was at the club for what? A decade? And Sando, 3rd year as coach, yeah I really get in quick don't I.

I'd hate for us to ever be in a position where we keep a coach we don't want because we can't afford to pay him out. We should be a big enough club that money isn't ever an obstacle, within reason.

I agree, but only when there is a credible replacement. If the club has paid out 1.2 million in order to get Roo's best mate in as coach then this has the potential to turn our club into a laughing stock. I am just praying that we have someone high profiled lined up to justify our actions.

Caro's article on this suggested performance clauses might mitigate the payout. Don't have link but should be in Age website.

Had to be done sadly, think ensures we save Tex. Paddy think is gone, or its 60/40 Cats way. Hope we do our best to hold him.

Caro's article on this suggested performance clauses might mitigate the payout. Don't have link but should be in Age website.

One of the posters on this board suggested that some months ago, I recall that even though we offered a two year ext it was still subjected to achieving performance KPI's

If this is the case the club edged their bets well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's sacked a coach before very early. I believe there will have been discussion on how to manage it etc. I believe the decision to move Sando on would have only been recent. Recent enough to get incoming ceo opinion on.

The club's new CEO, Andrew Fagan, is not expected to play a major role in fronting the public and did not have a big say in Sanderson's sacking.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/brenton-sanderson-failed-to-win-mark-ricciutos-heart-20140917-10ier4.html#ixzz3DZSfjv00

TheMetricSystem what were you saying previously about performance clauses in Sanderson's contract? Will we be able to avoid a full payout?
I once spoke with a high ranking Crows official who said we protected ourselves when we re-signed him. I don't believe we would be paying him anywhere near the massive payout being mentioned.

Last edited:
Just got off a plane from Melbourne. Tom Rehn waiting at the gate with a camera man, I stayed behind but whoever they were waiting for didn't rock up, and they went to another gate. Which of the management team was in Melbourne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back