Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt Des was an outside player. But Lachie is 'in and under'. Scraps it out, gets his own ball and feeds it out to the modern day equivalents of Des (e.g. Danyle Pearce). Need both types.

I'm seeing Lachie as a Sam Mitchell in the making which may be a big call but let's see how he goes. He's 21 years old and played 46 games. One of our young blokes within the 0-50 games range who is the future but having an impact right now. Untouchable to me.

Agree. But Hogan could be the next M.Pavlich or J.Brown - a lot harder to find.

Jeff Garlett would be a perfect fit for Fremantle. Would be able to play the 10 games per season when Ballas is out suspended or out injured from head butting an opponent.

Garlett is an extremely lazy player who provides nothing in the way of defensive running and drifts in an out of games worse than any other small forward in the league. I think saying he'd play 10 games if we picked him up is as generous as anyone thinking Sylvia would play 22 games last year.

Frawley is the only player I would be prepared to do a deal for and not at the expense of having to give up our depth for .
Be Doer will be looking to get traded because we have made it quite plain that he is surplus to our needs .
He has been offered a contract by us on a reduced salary which he is not happy about but other clubs will see him as a good pickup IMHO .
s for trading Clancee ,Neale or Suban this won't happen because RTB and Bond know that they are quality players and great depth if and when injuries occur .
Sylvia can leave tomorrow and that would be O/K by everyone .

The Club will not trade its first round pick ,that's a given because Bond and the selection panel would have already chosen who they want and would have interviewed his coach and his Club already as well as spoken to his manager .

Garlett is an extremely lazy player who provides nothing in the way of defensive running and drifts in an out of games worse than any other small forward in the league. I think saying he'd play 10 games if we picked him up is as generous as anyone thinking Sylvia would play 22 games last year.
If nothing else he'd be a good get for Peel :p I think he could be made into a two way runner. He's got real outside class that we really need.

From memory, we've got hilly, one great season from mora, a couple of good seasons from palmer, and a few promising games from crozier... and f*ck all else since 2007 out of our first rounders. Think we also missed out on 2006 first rounder... gave away ben reid and polak for tarrant, from memory.

Would have to be one of the worst recent records around for first rounders I reckon.

Thankfully our later picks and rookie drafting has saved our bacon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from memory, we've got hilly, one great season from mora, a couple of good seasons from palmer, and a few promising games from crozier... and f*ck all else since 2007 out of our first rounders.

Would have to be one of the worst recent records around for first rounders I reckon.

Such a shame Jayden Pitt was forced out of the AFL with illness, kid had an amazing kick.

Garlett is an extremely lazy player who provides nothing in the way of defensive running and drifts in an out of games worse than any other small forward in the league.

If any coach can sort out the defensive aspect of his game its going to be Lyon. Garlett this season was pretty terrible because it was clear his head wasn't in playing footy... hence being left out of the Carlton team for a large part of the year. However in previous years he applied decent pressure.

Over his career Garlett averages 3.4 tackles per game. For comparison Ballantyne averages 3.2 tackles per game. Ballantyne probably is being slightly underrepresented in the tackling numbers because he provides a lot of pressure acts in the forward line. I reckon if Garlett gets his head right he has the speed to start being more of a defensive pest in the forward line like Ballentyne. If we can Garlett if we can get him for free or get him with a late pick we should go for it... it would definitely improve our side.

From memory, we've got hilly, one great season from mora, a couple of good seasons from palmer, and a few promising games from crozier... and f*ck all else since 2007 out of our first rounders. Think we also missed out on 2006 first rounder... gave away ben reid and polak for tarrant, from memory.

You could also go back further ... Drum, Dunn, Murphy, Schammer, Polak. All still of playing age. First round drafting has been abysmal.

We did have hasleby and pavlich though... Long time ago, but it hasn't always been terrible.... I'd hope that we improve the record this year. Don't want to lose that first rounder unless we really get quality in return

You could also go back further ... Drum, Dunn, Murphy, Schammer, Polak. All still of playing age. First round drafting has been abysmal.

Yeah, Dunn and Polak were both unlucky with injury, Polak in particular with the tram thing.

Schammer is a interesting one, he did play well over 100 games for us so you could say it wasn't a total bust. On the other hand, I often forget that he was relatively young when we gave up on that project. He's only 29 this year, so a pity he just didn't have the goods to be a top line player - great heart though.

holy **** - 2 years??

Source?

It makes Frawley look cheap doesn't it. With out doubt he would improve our team, but I think if we got him we would need to trade out Duffield or somebody similar to free up money so we could afford him.

Malceski is only 6 months older than Duff. They've both probably only got 2 years left, 3 at the most. Might that be something worth considering?

Malceski would have to lose the beard though - hipsters belong up the road, not with us. ;)

holy **** - 2 years??

Source?

It makes Frawley look cheap doesn't it. With out doubt he would improve our team, but I think if we got him we would need to trade out Duffield or somebody similar to free up money so we could afford him.

John Ralph so not a great source. SEN
-Tom Mitchell is determined to leave Sydney for Visy Park during this off-season as the midfielder has struggled to retain his spot in the Swans line-up this season.

21-year-old Mitchell was drafted by the Swans in 2011 under the father-son rule as his father, Barry Mitchell, played 170 games at Sydney during the 1980s and 1990s, however has only managed 20 games so far in his career due to injuries and strong competition for spots.

“Carlton are really, really keen and despite what his manager says, he will get to that football club,” Jon Ralph said.

With highly-touted youngsters in Isaac Heeney, Callum Mills, and Josh Dunkley all eligible to be picked by the Swans over the next two years, the club may be willing to let the talented Mitchell leave for greater opportunities, as well as to alleviate salary cap space.

-Sydney are also prepared to let Premiership hero Nick Malceski leave at the end of the season, with Melbourne looking a likely destination.

The 30-year-old’s contract expires at the end of this season, and with a host of highly-paid stars on the Swans list, Malceski looks likely to be let go in search of a final, big contract at another club.

Melbourne and Malceski’s former mentor Paul Roos look a probable destination, with the club looking for senior players to not only support and guide the Demon’s many young players, but to also help restructure their salary cap.

Malceski will be looking to earn around $500-600,000 per year if he were to leave.

-When Heritier Lumumba returns to Melbourne this weekend, he will meet both a Victorian and non-Victorian club as he further explores his options following his almost-certain exit from Collingwood.

Lumumba has had a reported falling out with the club after a number of issues with players and management have remained unresolved with the Premiership half-back flanker.

Melbourne and Paul Roos have already publically met with the disgruntled Pie, and are the leading option for his services; however other clubs are interested in the 2010 Premiership player.

“He returns from up north on the weekend, and then he will talk to a non-Victorian club and a Victorian club in the next few days,” Jon Ralph said.

“I think one of those clubs might be WA based.”

We did have hasleby and pavlich though... Long time ago, but it hasn't always been terrible.... I'd hope that we improve the record this year. Don't want to lose that first rounder unless we really get quality in return
I guess technically you can throw McPharlin in as a first round pick success story, given we traded our first rounder for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back