Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be a thumbs down to trade our first pick to north and we got Black?

Not sure, Black hasn't had a great year and Goddard looks like a great get.

Our 2nd rounder would be fine, but probably not enough.

Maybe we could trade de Boer with our 2nd rounder for Carlton's 2nd rounder and then on trade that to North Melbourne.

Fair comments, but there are two Fremantle's the one in the premiership window and the one for the future.

Precisely, and well said. We don't want to sacrifice either out future depth, or our current window.

If our future stars are kept in the loop during the draft period, given enough opportunities to shine (and are currently on long contracts) then we can go for Garlett et. al. Otherwise I say back our younger guys in, and encourage them to practice HARD over the next three months to fast-track their development.

Not sure, Black hasn't had a great year and Goddard looks like a great get.

Our 2nd rounder would be fine, but probably not enough.

Maybe we could trade de Boer with our 2nd rounder for Carlton's 2nd rounder and then on trade that to North Melbourne.
You think that Matt deBoer is only worth a pick swap? Fair enough, but I would've thought we'd get a little more than that. Carlton could also use a good ruckman, Maybe we could offer them Zac Clarke and deBoer for their second rounder and a first round pick swap. Then grab Jonathon Giles as a delisted free agent or in the pre season draft. Then begin discussions for Black. Won't happen of course, but would be nice.

You think that Matt deBoer is only worth a pick swap? Fair enough, but I would've thought we'd get a little more than that. Carlton could also use a good ruckman, Maybe we could offer them Zac Clarke and deBoer for their second rounder and a first round pick swap. Then grab Jonathon Giles as a delisted free agent or in the pre season draft. Then begin discussions for Black. Won't happen of course, but would be nice.
No probably won't happen but i like your thinking.

I think de Boer is worth about 3rd round pick. A club may pay overs, but personally I doubt it.

Carlton have lots of ruckmen - Wood, Kruezur, and Warnock who are all fighting for the one spot, they will not draft or trade for another one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think de Boer is worth about 3rd round pick. A club may pay overs, but personally I doubt it.

Carlton have lots of ruckmen - Wood, Kruezur, and Warnock who are all fighting for the one spot, they will not draft or trade for another one.
Warnock sucks, Wood is a journeyman and Kruz can't stay off of the injury list.

True but they still start turning up before the summer and not after.

Wouldn't think we're much chance but I also wouldn't be upset to hear we're asking questions.
Interesting info about the swallows:) Was my roundabout way of asking if anyone knows if he is any good.

[edit] Posters on the main board think he is worth a second round swap of picks.

Last edited:
I'd do that trade, but North won't, and Freo don't like trading themselves out of the first round.
Our first rounders haven't been very productive lately. Hill has probably been the only stand-out long term contributor with a lot of the others not being best 22 for various reasons inside and outside of their control (last's years way to early to tell). I think trading our first pick might not be that bad considering the gold we've struck later in the draft.

Harrison (Harry) Marsh might be a realistic pick up from the Sydney Swans. He was said to be on our draft radar in 2012, and might find it difficult to break into that Sydney side.

He has had a disappointing season. Makes you a little nervous.

He has been off all year, some rumours that he has been having some issue with the shoulder and they tried to manage it but will need a minor operation at end of the year to fix it, but who knows really, clubs usually aren't all that forthcoming with players carrying an injury until the season is over.

As much as I like Black, it probably wouldn't be a massive loss for us, Wood is the same size as Black and plays very much like him and has had a strong season in the VFL this year. With Ziebell now playing a medium forward role we have a few options going forward.

He has been off all year, some rumours that he has been having some issue with the shoulder and they tried to manage it but will need a minor operation at end of the year to fix it, but who knows really, clubs usually aren't all that forthcoming with players carrying an injury until the season is over.

As much as I like Black, it probably wouldn't be a massive loss for us, Wood is the same size as Black and plays very much like him and has had a strong season in the VFL this year. With Ziebell now playing a medium forward role we have a few options going forward.
We'll have him then. thankyou.

MDB would be a good pickup for Carlton. He's better than the following who were all in the Blues' starting 22:

1. Robinson
2. Ellard
3. Curnow
4. Armfield

He would also add very good leadership to their side which they are desperately lacking.

MDB would be a good pickup for Carlton. He's better than the following who were all in the Blues' starting 22:

1. Robinson
2. Ellard
3. Curnow
4. Armfield

He would also add very good leadership to their side which they are desperately lacking.
Also tougher and gives more than all one of their players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back