List Mgmt. 2015 general list discussion and speculation - PLEASE START NEW THREAD ON BREAKING NEWS

How did you rate Geelong's trade and free agency period?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell us a little about him, the type of role he could play, his strength weaknesses, and why he hasn't been getting a game for Port?
Tough inside mid. Weakness is he is short (183cm) and is currently behind Boak, Wines, Young, Moore etc.
IMO he is a footballer more so than an athlete. Better footballer than Moore.

Drafted in 2010 he spent a few years in the wilderness of the SANFL and SANFL reserves leagues.
But in 2013-2014 he has cemented himself as a top line SANFL footballer. 22 years old.

Do you know if they want to shop him because they are worried campbell will want a trade? Or has macca had a buckley/h shaw falling out with him?
Nah, wouldn't be that. Campbell is only 22 and doesn't have the tank to run out a full game yet.

The minson thing is completely his relationship with the coach. I understand he's ready to roll, but the club will only move him if the deal's right.

Minsons physical state shouldn't be any concern by the way. Ridiculous specimen and amazing endurance athlete.

Can you tell us a little about him, the type of role he could play, his strength weaknesses, and why he hasn't been getting a game for Port?
Great ball winner on the inside, not much else. He was very strong in the SANFL however he was no chance to displace Wines who he'd play a similar role to if he got a crack in the seniors. Too slow/limited on the outside to displace anyone else in the midfield.

Murdoch didnt have the greatest end to the year but i do bear in mind that he had a limited pre season due to injury and tired badly in the second half of the year,and we couldnt drop or manage him because mccarthy was injured for most of the year.

He needs to improve but i am not writing him off yet
Just needs to improve his tank! Maybe then he'll move up the ground to become an attacking wingman!

played 4 games for the year, 7, 12, 18, 19.

played 80% in round 7, 15 touches, 1 centre clearance.
played 24% in round 12, 12 touches.
played 20% in round 18, 6 touches, 1 clearance.
played 24% in round 19, 7 touches, 2 inside 50s.

make of that what you will.

Nah, wouldn't be that. Campbell is only 22 and doesn't have the tank to run out a full game yet.

The minson thing is completely his relationship with the coach. I understand he's ready to roll, but the club will only move him if the deal's right.

Minsons physical state shouldn't be any concern by the way. Ridiculous specimen and amazing endurance athlete.

and the deal is.........

Tough inside mid. Weakness is he is short (183cm) and is currently behind Boak, Wines, Young, Moore etc.
IMO he is a footballer more so than an athlete. Better footballer than Moore.

Drafted in 2010 he spent a few years in the wilderness of the SANFL and SANFL reserves leagues.
But in 2013-2014 he has cemented himself as a top line SANFL footballer. 22 years old.

That's not short for a midfielder.

Great ball winner on the inside, not much else. He was very strong in the SANFL however he was no chance to displace Wines who he'd play a similar role to if he got a crack in the seniors. Too slow/limited on the outside to displace anyone else in the midfield.

upgrade on Schroder perhaps but sounds similar.

I think I am going to mirror Bobby_, that sounds a lot like Schroder, probably a pass, GHS fills our quota of Inside mids with a limited outside game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May i ask why? Even if it was due to his injury
I ain't going to wish an injury on anybody ever but I genuinely don't like him. I feel like getting him was a complete waste of time and money. We paid a lot for someone who hasn't done a thing. Matter of fact he's basically trolled us If he was to stay on any further I would put Walker ahead of him for backup rucking.

terrific for about 4 games early and then literally struggled for the rest of the year.
His body is shot!
If he remains on the list, will be lucky to get 10 games out of him next year
But he will play all 22 because the coaches don't know what they're doing the best of times...

Minson is 29½.
In: Minson
Garbage disposal: Hmac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back