Beauty & Style Things where cheap isnt an option?

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
What are items you cant skimp on/always have the best of?

Soap is a big one for me, the soap I buy is fairly expensive and the idea of using cheap soap send shivers down my spine

Toiletpaper - cheap toilet paper is a no no

Alcohol - I dont drink top shelf stuff as standard, but I've never had passion pop either

Balls (basketballs etc) - I hate cheap balls, I always need to buy the better quality/professional standard version when buying sports stuff

Ice cream - cadbury or get out my face

And I know there are a lot of posters on this board that are gonna be all "lol at you guys paying for things you sheeple scum!" but just go back to peeling the top layer off your garbage lettuce you hippies give the consumers one thread to themselves

Yeah, I'd agree with toilet paper and alcohol. Perhaps not the best stuff but usually good quality or something on special.

I'd also say some items of clothing such as underwear, socks, business shirts and suits. Cookware is another one. Got sick of bad pots and pans so recently got some nice ironware. And furniture. I've had cheap and nasty before and I won't go back.

I hate cheap chocolate.

Works for me...

016814.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Kitchen utensils as mentioned. 1 good knife > 50 bad ones.
2. Mattress. You spend 8 hours a day on this thing, make it comfortable.
3. Sparkling wine. For some reason I can get some enjoyment out of a $15 bottle of red/white, but make it sparkling and it's horrid.

Orange juice.

25% stuff - WTF is the other 75%? That isn't juice.
UHT stuff - orange juice that has been essentially boiled so it lasts 6 months. Pass.
Concentrate stuff - well that's just cordial.

Give me a bottle that contains the juice of some oranges (including pulp or otherwise) and nothing else. Failing that just give me a bag of oranges and I'll do it myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back