Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just coming on to say I'll be off the air, for the next 24hrs, reason, I'm off to the "G" shortly, and actually being there with other Hawks supporters, is going to be only way to keep the anxiety levels to a controllable level.

Missed out on mcc ballot, so, it's queue for walk up start seating. Recon I'll be near the front, and hopefully it will be a dam good seat.

GO HAWKS !!!

May Spangher smile upon you.

I hope Rioli wins the Norm Smith medal now. If he wins it we are likely to win the Premiership and the meltdown here on Bigfooty by the opposition supporters would be truly delicious.
Usually, the best players enter preliminary final weekend with not more than 1 week rest.

Cyril had 3 months of rest before playing last week.:eek:

I hope he throws in the kitchen sink on Saturday.

Small thing, Peter Everitt was drafted by St Kilda and then traded to us. Might as well include Paul Salmon in his place if Everitt is valid.
...who then moved to Sydney. ;)

If you don't think he should be there just pretend he's Michael Rix.

God this song sends tingles down my spine (The first 50 seconds anyway).

Mainly due to the fact that it's played at every home game just before the boys run out :D

God this song sends tingles down my spine (The first 50 seconds anyway).

Mainly due to the fact that it's played at every home game just before the boys run out :D

Yep. Right into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The footy journos are going on about how last time we met at the G half the swans players were having a bad day and this time it will be different!
Well from memory, Gibo had his first game after 3 months, Sam had his second game after 2 months, no Hale or Cyril and Lake.
We had more young guys playing that game than we do this time round too!
If the swans win then they can all say they told us right,but if we win then they can all say they were wrong!

Been absolutely useless at work today, bumbling around.
Thought I'd watch the replay of last week to calm the nerves a bit, fair to say that didn't work..
I got up at 5am this morning off about 4 hours sleep (I'm a uni student who typically considers 10am "early" and 5am as "late") so that I could more easily get to sleep early tonight and get up again around 3.30am to make my way to the MCC GF queue to get a good seat for tomorrow. I'm getting quite irritable though with the lack of sleep and reading all this Sydney lovefest stuff in the media. Hopefully a win tomorrow arvo will make it all worth it!

Friday morning in London. Taken the day off to, ahem, prepare. Need to rest, rehydrate, rest, rehydrate, plan the tunes and videos, absorb the atmosphere (of my flat), not peak too early nor start too sluggishly. Need a plan that allows me to be fully functional at bounce time (530am) and not let the team down. Alcohol cut off time/restart time needs adhering too. Coffee or not. Too heavy a breakfast too early and then the consequences. Playing seems so much easier as all these worries are taken care of. Do they know what we go through?

All of the seconds, minutes, hours the guys have put into off season, pre season, match days and training culminate tomorrow. We have gotten there by playing good hard footy, overcoming adversity and being a team. This will be rewarded tomorrow, I truly feel.

For all those going, be loud and proud. Let our fellas know we support them because they and we are Hawthorn. The other mob don't count and should be flattered being in our house on the last day of the season. Be respectful but remove any donut ...we are the best.

Good luck all. We are Hawthorn.

I'm starting to get edgy. Been feeling pretty relaxed all week about it but **** me we're in a grand final tomorrow. Not often you can say that.

If we win the flag tomorrow we would have won more premierships in the last 12 months than StKilda's 100+ year history!!!

The footy journos are going on about how last time we met at the G half the swans players were having a bad day and this time it will be different!
Well from memory, Gibo had his first game after 3 months, Sam had his second game after 2 months, no Hale or Cyril and Lake.
We had more young guys playing that game than we do this time round too!
If the swans win then they can all say they told us right,but if we win then they can all say they were wrong!

This is exactly why we can win. When a club like ours gets up of the floor after 35 years (1925-1960) of being kicked, and trod on by all others, and where you're lucky to have a season or two with more than a handful of wins, finally makes it to the big time, others think, that's good, but it won't last.
Well, we're Hawthorn, and we're here for keeps.

Our success has bred hate, by players from other clubs who have been humiliated by our success. By journalists, who are tired of writing about the Hawthorn success story, (1961 - 2014 =18 Grand Finals & hopefully 12 Premierships) that now they select against us because in their minds we have had more than our share, but they forget; We are Hawthorn.

Just over 23 hours until I settle down to watch my 18th Hawk Grand Final.
Eat your hearts out jealous ones!

If we get up tomorrow (quietly confident ;) ) I wonder if there's going to be a reverse wankfest over us going b2b?
I doubt it but one thing is for sure, every Hawker out there will feel a sense of satisfaction deep down.
And in years to come it will resonate when reliving the moment and think :
We were there; We did that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back