Who will win the premiership in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Port will. They where very unlucky not to have beaten the Hawk last week, as well if they get Ryder which is 99% going to happen, port will be a better side

The hype surrounding port reminds me of Adelaide after their narrow 2012 defeat. When the heat and attention is placed on club, oppositions take notice and at times young players crumble. What hawthorn managed to do in 2008 was like the baby bombers of 93 (irregular). Both those teams struggled after those unusual wins.

It took Geelong 3 to 4 seasons playing good footy to salute, it took Brisbane 3 finals campaigns before 2001, it took Sydney many finals campaigns before 2005, same with the Eagles. The port call is too early.

Sydney and Fremantle are more likely to take it out than Port based on this logic. Never write off hawthorn and Geelong either.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Sydney. Too good to drop off and the pain will make them bleed for it.

Hawthorn could but with such a large number, in AFL terms, of players over thirty it is likely it'll be another injury disrupted year.

The hype surrounding port reminds me of Adelaide after their narrow 2012 defeat. When the heat and attention is placed on club, oppositions take notice and at times young players crumble. What hawthorn managed to do in 2008 was like the baby bombers of 93 (irregular). Both those teams struggled after those unusual wins.

It took Geelong 3 to 4 seasons playing good footy to salute, it took Brisbane 3 finals campaigns before 2001, it took Sydney many finals campaigns before 2005, same with the Eagles. The port call is too early.

Sydney and Fremantle are more likely to take it out than Port based on this logic. Never write off hawthorn and Geelong either.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Port have slowly built, and Port had a tough draw this year. The crows jumped into the top 4 off the back of playing expansion teams and poor sides like Port (haha) and Melbourne twice each. Port have proved they are the real deal this year.

KOLOKOTRONIS

This would all be relevant if we weren't a few kicks away from a preliminary final in 2013.

We are not as close to a flag as we think 25-30pt loss is a bad day but 10 goals? that is a lot of improvement to come within 6 months.

Not to mention the other teams who will naturally improve honestly we couldnt of been in a better position than 2014 we blew a opportunity what a wasted year.

If Hawthorn get Frawley I think we will be there abouts again. Lake and Gibbo have been in and out all this year.. need someone who can take their spot in case of injuries (NFI what is going on with Schoey atm).

Also need either Hodge/Mitchell/Burgoyne to stay at their current level, or Langford/Anderson/Woodward to come on strong and take their place.

Still exciting times for Hawks supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be pleasantly surprised if we could pull off a three-peat, but we have a lot of aging stars who may have just gone out with a bang.

For me it'll be a toss-up between Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney and Port. I have a feeling Port will make the grand final next year.

Great post. Also North are a Smokey.

Dont the hawks have like 1 mil in the cap from the franklin money? They can go and get anyone they want. Scary.
It's that time of the year where someone posts the quote from Warwick's signature. :D

“As always with premiership teams in the modern era, people are talking of dynasties. They’ll discover that dynasties happen in retrospect not in advance.”- Leigh Matthews.

I don't think Carlton will. For a very, very, very long time.

I would like to think Port are a great chance, but we're still young, and need a good run of minimal injuries. Hawks and Swans will still be really strong again, and I wouldn't write the Dockers off just yet

Too difficult to compare this Port side to the 2012 Crows. For starters, the Crows finished 14th the year before. Last year, Port were only a few kicks away from a prelim. At around this time last year, I thought that a successful year (in 2014) for Port in terms of building toward another Premiership would be 13 wins, around 7th spot on the ladder, especially considering that their draw this year was tougher than last year, in which they played GC, GWS and Adelaide all twice. The rate at which they progressed over the last off-season surprised me, but it was a rate such that I wasn't surprised with pushing for top 4 this year

After the 2012 season, the Crows lost Tippett and a number of draft picks. So they couldn't really add to what they already had as a playing list. Can't say the same about Port, who most likely will add Ryder and possibly Lowden.

Will be extremely surprised to see any kind of drop off in performance from them next year, especially when I believe that with Ryder in the side, they'll be close to favourites for the Premiership (and I think they'll win it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back