Who will win the premiership in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you not tip Hawthorn? The hope for the rest of us suckers is that Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Hale and Lake hit the wall pretty soon and the replacements below them are not to the same standard.

Port are the obvious improves being so young as well as potentially adding Ryder.

Can't write off Sydney on the back of a poor grand final. They were the dominant side for a fair bit of the year as well as Hawthorn.

If Port land Ryder I think they'l win it.

I think Hawks will fade next year. If you look at their best today they were Hodge Mitchell Lewis. Age will catch up with them. They will probably still make the 8 but won't be a major player.

I think Hawks will fade next year. If you look at their best today they were Hodge Mitchell Lewis. Age will catch up with them. They will probably still make the 8 but won't be a major player.

Yes, they were their best. They are still performing very well. As is Lake and their other older players.

Older players can drop off radically, but it would need to be a pretty significant drop off from most of their older stars for them to fall out of contention. In terms of injuries, they couldn't have a year much worse than 2014, which is kind of scary.

Rather than hoping Hawthorn drops off, I think we need to put more of our hope into the idea of the likes of Port and hopefully some other fresh, upcoming sides developing significantly over the off-season, to such an extent that they can seriously challenge the Hawks next year.

Port were close this year, but I wouldn't be as certain as some here about penciling them in as premiership favourites just yet. If they had a down year, it wouldn't be the first time a side had risen to impress in the finals, eliciting calls that they will be successful the next year, only for them to fall away the next. The likes of Hawthorn and Sydney are proven contenders, so you have to imagine they'll be up there again at this early stage.

I'd like to see some fresh faces up the top next year. Despite their poor finish to the finals, I think North could be a contender next year. Just need to work on getting consistency into their game and season. Two sides we haven't seen in a GF for a while would be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be pleasantly surprised if we could pull off a three-peat, but we have a lot of aging stars who may have just gone out with a bang.

For me it'll be a toss-up between Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney and Port. I have a feeling Port will make the grand final next year.

I would be pleasantly surprised if we could pull off a three-peat, but we have a lot of aging stars who may have just gone out with a bang.

For me it'll be a toss-up between Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney and Port. I have a feeling Port will make the grand final next year.
History shows that a three-peat leads to a decade of misery :p

I don't think the Hawks will drop off all that much.

And despite the euphoria of yesterday, and my heart saying three-peat!... my head says if Port can land Ryder then they are in the box seat.

2015 is going to be a great year!

Well Im going to say it wont be Hawthorn, based largely on the fact its incredibly hard to three-peat. Its hard to double, but a three-peat is something else entirely.

Also, a few key players are at that age where form can decline quickly. Hodge, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Hale and Lake arent going to get any better, we are banking on them being able to maintain their form. I think age will naturally decline them a little.

Top 6 probably though.

Gold Coast.
Not a chance

If Geelong could finish top 3 this year Hawthorn should next year. I'm going to say Hawthorn but I expect the best three teams to be Hawthorn, Sydney and Port. Any of them will give it a real crack. Not sure where Fremantle are at. Jogged along well enough most of the season but never really impressed

I think we can do it again if things fall into place.

Hawthorn are no doubt getting older, but we have 2 Liston medal winners at Box Hill who will transition into the middle as well as Jed Anderson and Whitecross who missed out this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back