Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 13, 2014
Awaiting WADA's devastating response
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
r inferior
The equivalent thread we had to accompany last year's flag was brilliant so I reckon another is in order!

I'll start with the obvious. :D

Untitled_1.jpg

2014 will always be my favorite premiership. The fact that Sydney were at complete full strength, had everything going through way while we had to deal with so much bullshit during the year and that we not only beat them, but humiliated them on the biggest stage in Australian sport just makes their 2012 premiership nothing more then a redundant memory.

Who laughs last, laugh's the loudest.

I reckon 2014 takes it. Just another shite draw, losing buddy for bugger all, the long term injuries to key players and the illness to our coach. Add in that going back to back is very difficult in itself, let alone with all that.

Just a phenomenal effort, especially with the reaming that Sydney received in the GF that no-one saw coming.

One thing I only thought about was when watching highlights on the 2 football shows this morning was watching the Hawthorn block of fans standing as one each time we scored a goal and the block of Sydney fans behind the goal just sat there. It was a beautiful sight. It reminded me of Stewey Dew's rampage late in the 3rd term in 2008 and the camera scanned the crowd, Hawks fans going off their nut which Cats fans just sat there looking glum :)

What a dilemma to have, which of the dozen to pick?

Tough to split 89 and 14, both really showed our physical toughness and never give up attitude. I'm going to go with 14 for the Buddy factor and to win so comprehensively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Leigh Matthews statue being draped in Hawthorn scarves and worshipped after the game :)
Any chance we could start our own religion around that? Would be handy for the tax breaks and cults like Scientology have formed on flimsier pretexts!

Any chance we could start our own religion around that? Would be handy for the tax breaks and cults like Scientology have formed on flimsier pretexts!

All that Leigh asks is that his followers try to 20 and 3 in their own lives

Was there any burning of Buddy Effigies going on???

That would've been awesome if they burned a cardboard cut out of Buddy and offered the ashes to Lethal's statue.

Lance lost the 2012 GF
our 2013 GF was overshadowed by lance leaving
Lance leaves for "Instant Success"
our 2014 Premiership, B2B. No player dilemma overshadowing it, and the fact that the team we saw play Sydney in the grand final was the first time all of these 22 players where in the same team at once this year. it truly was the perfect end to a perfect GF.

Also F.ucklin doesn't get a gf win

Macevoy running through that guy that was fast in 2012.
Jack repeating what Young did in 2012 and slipped over in the goalsquare costing his team 2 goals.
Langford playing his best game for the club in the most important.
Cheering for suckling when one of his side of the foot kicks actually hit its mark.
Roughy's tackle on Hannebery.

Macevoy running through that guy that was fast in 2012.
Jack repeating what Young did in 2012 and slipped over in the goalsquare costing his team 2 goals.
Langford playing his best game for the club in the most important.
Cheering for suckling when one of his side of the foot kicks actually hit its mark.
Roughy's tackle on Hannebery.

HAHA. He was totally useless yesterday!

Following a team who clearly put the "team first" ethos far ahead of personal glory and individual performance is soooo satisfying. To win as underdogs makes it even more incredible. The parallels with the 2014 NBA finals teams - Spurs v Heat is amazing. So proud right now.

Lance lost the 2012 GF
our 2013 GF was overshadowed by lance leaving
Lance leaves for "Instant Success"
our 2014 Premiership, B2B. No player dilemma overshadowing it, and the fact that the team we saw play Sydney in the grand final was the first time all of these 22 players where in the same team at once this year. it truly was the perfect end to a perfect GF.

Also F.ucklin doesn't get a gf win

The media are going to struggle this week trying to put news of the AFL grand final to bed with some other AFL hot news item...

Back