Redo the 2009 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide supporter says Fyfe and Talia are the standouts.
Richmond supporter says Fyfe and Martin are the standouts.

Can't we all agree that everyone is biased and that Fyfe is the only true 'standout'.
(I'm biased too but we all know Fyfe is the best in this draft)
Fyfe and Howard are the obvious standouts. I'd have Howard edging out Fyfe JUST, but that might be a bit of bias.

If Morabito maintains his successful comeback we got Mora, Fyfe and Barlow from this year but 2008 was the one.
Hill, Suban, Ballantyne, Clarke, Walters, DeBoer, Clancee Pearce.
hill is one i think whos terribly over rated. not saying hes a poor player hes been decent and is eyecatching with his run and carry im not sure theres been a hello f a lot more substance than that to his game.

hill is one i think whos terribly over rated. not saying hes a poor player hes been decent and is eyecatching with his run and carry im not sure theres been a hello f a lot more substance than that to his game.
Nah he is a very good and highly skilled player mate. Maybe not a worldbeater but plays his role very well.
Overrated is the definition of Lewis Jetta.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah he is a very good and highly skilled player mate. Maybe not a worldbeater but plays his role very well.
Overrated is the definition of Lewis Jetta.
Jetta is overrated but it is only because of his 2012 season that people rated him that highly. The 'rating' stuck even after consistently disappointing years. All expecting he can go back to that form.

1 Nathan Fyfe
2 Dustin Martin
3 Michael Barlow
4 Daniel Talia
5 Jake Carlisle
6 Ben Cunnington
7 Jack Gunston
8 Allen Christensen
9 Matthew Jaensch
10 Stewart Crameri
11 Mitch Duncan
12 Lewis Jetta
13 Sam Reid
14 James Podsiadly
15 Mark Hutchings
16 Aaron Black
17 Tom Scully
18 Jack Trengove
19 Alex Silvagni
20 Ben Stratton

I personally believe that after the completion of the 2014 Season this is how I would rate the top 20... Should injury not have taken its toll I believe that Morabito, Menzel & Vardy would be top 10... It kills me every time I see Fyfe tearing it up for Freo instead of West Coast, but well done to them this was definitely their draft.

1 Nathan Fyfe
2 Dustin Martin
3 Michael Barlow
4 Daniel Talia
5 Jake Carlisle
6 Ben Cunnington
7 Jack Gunston
8 Allen Christensen
9 Matthew Jaensch
10 Stewart Crameri
11 Mitch Duncan
12 Lewis Jetta
13 Sam Reid
14 James Podsiadly
15 Mark Hutchings
16 Aaron Black
17 Tom Scully
18 Jack Trengove
19 Alex Silvagni
20 Ben Stratton

I personally believe that after the completion of the 2014 Season this is how I would rate the top 20... Should injury not have taken its toll I believe that Morabito, Menzel & Vardy would be top 10... It kills me every time I see Fyfe tearing it up for Freo instead of West Coast, but well done to them this was definitely their draft.
Pretty fair post. I would argue that cunnington had as good a season as barlow though. Also reid, black, scully, stratton even silvagni have more value than receiver Jetta who is still too high.

1 Nathan Fyfe
2 Dustin Martin
3 Michael Barlow
4 Daniel Talia
5 Jake Carlisle
6 Ben Cunnington
7 Jack Gunston
8 Allen Christensen
9 Matthew Jaensch
10 Stewart Crameri
11 Mitch Duncan
12 Lewis Jetta
13 Sam Reid
14 James Podsiadly
15 Mark Hutchings
16 Aaron Black
17 Tom Scully
18 Jack Trengove
19 Alex Silvagni
20 Ben Stratton

Good but I reckon Stratton should be ahead of Scully, Silvagni.

If Morabito maintains his successful comeback we got Mora, Fyfe and Barlow from this year but 2008 was the one.
Hill, Suban, Ballantyne, Clarke, Walters, DeBoer, Clancee Pearce.

Given 3 of those are fringe, I'd prefer fyfe and Barlow .. Though Walters may have a say in that in future years

So another year has gone so we revisit. Lewis Jetta is surely pushing top 5 status in this draft. Superb year and performance today..o_O
jks most overhyped player in the game

Yes Jett's had a poor grand final but he is still a very good player. Blinding pace and a very accurate penetrating kick. He's an 80m player.

Yes Jett's had a poor grand final but he is still a very good player. Blinding pace and a very accurate penetrating kick. He's an 80m player.
Good player at his best. Lazy and very poor at his worst. I disagree his kicking style looks penetrating but he turns it over a lot

Good player at his best. Lazy and very poor at his worst. I disagree his kicking style looks penetrating but he turns it over a lot

Lots of his kicks go inside 50 which are the hardest and he goes at 70%DE with only 1.5 clangers a game if you take out frees against. And he is a penetrating kick I don't really know how you can say he isn't. He had a terrible grand final but he's still a very good player.

Lots of his kicks go inside 50 which are the hardest and he goes at 70%DE with only 1.5 clangers a game if you take out frees against. And he is a penetrating kick I don't really know how you can say he isn't. He had a terrible grand final but he's still a very good player.
Jetta just doesn't impact games the way he did in 2012. That's why people are harshly judging him now.

That grand final absolutely affects my opinion now. He was utterly pathetic yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back