List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Pick 31 or no dice

I don't know much about this years kids so for people that have a bit of knowledge would you trade pick 12 for Orourke or do you think we can get a better kid in the draft?
#31 could get us a player like Cockatoo / Garlett / Menadue / Steele

I would prefer to take 1 of the above

#12 is over paying for O'Rourke , I would be thinking #12 for O'Rourke+#24
But FJ Doesnt rate him lol , Alot of people say he's done nothing and is no good - But i seem to remember similar things being said about Polec last year

Im on planet Earth.....you are out of this world....your constant ramblings are nothing short of infamous....we have all told you to to stop snorting the white stuff...smoking the grass and popping the disco biscuits....DO IT NOW...for everyones sake...

If some keep preaching middle aged average types clearly they must be trolling. How many Hampsons and Chaplin's does it take?

One certainity in life death! Death is to do with age and getting older. So unless Greenwood is going to be cloned body parts in 6 years he will be retiring if not before most likely!

Newsflash Hawthorn didn't build their list around Hodge. They built it around Roughead, lewis and Franklin.

Likewise we can't build our list around Cotch. We will be building it around Ellis and co.

Tell me something. Does the tail wag the dog at RFC? Because it seems to me their is too much focus on older guys tracking outside our teams core window!

If the Roos get Waite and Higgins, cap space is surely going to be pretty tight down at Arden Street.
Would love to get Greenwood across.
Is the exact type of player we need and in the perfect age bracket.

If the Roos get Waite and Higgins, cap space is surely going to be pretty tight down at Arden Street.

If they can't pay him what he wants, and he doesn't want much, we are a shot.

Greenwood is too old because we are 50 points off Port and we will get further behind when they get Ryder and their youngsters improve again!

Greenwood is too old because we are 50 points off Port and we will get further behind when they get Ryder and their youngsters improve again!

I know you like to stir the pot a bit, so i'm not going to bother arguing.
Most knowledgable Richmond supporters would agree that a player like Greenwood is exactly what we need.
He would push Grigg out of the side and allow Cotchin to get more of the ball on the outside.
Plus, we don't have a genuine tagger in our best 22, which allows the oppositions best players to run riot all the time against us.

If you get Greenwood and older types other players and prospects will avoid an aging RFC like the plague. Hawthorn have a younger list FFS!

How good was Langford in the high pressured GF and he is a baby!

Frawley will go to Hawthorn because they have young talent and can still win premiership!

Frawley will not go to Geelong because they are older and s..... And not near a premiership!
I know I shouldn't do this and I'll no doubt regret getting involved, but Hawthorns 22 in the GF was on average 3 years older than what our best 22 next year would be and in that side they had 9 players who were aged 27-32 and yet you claim that they are younger than us.

I know I shouldn't do this and I'll no doubt regret getting involved, but Hawthorns 22 in the GF was on average 3 years older than what our best 22 next year would be and in that side they had 9 players who were aged 27-32 and yet you claim that they are younger than us.

I read somewhere Hawks have a younger list!

Who do you count in our 22 next year?

I find it interesting you are filtering the 22. Who is to say Hawthorn will not find another Langford since, unlike us, they keep targeting younger types?

What about Hartung etc...

If they can't pay him what he wants, and he doesn't want much, we are a shot.

Genuine chance.
Hopefully Dusty is getting in his ear.
Plus I read somewhere that the Roos originally offered him one year and have now increased it to 2.
You'd happily offer him the extra year if it meant getting him across.
At 25, is the perfect age.
Our midfield seriously lacks big bodies compared to some of the other sides in the top half of the ladder.

Genuine chance.
Hopefully Dusty is getting in his ear.
Plus I read somewhere that the Roos originally offered him one year and have now increased it to 2.
You'd happily offer him the extra year if it meant getting him across.
At 25, is the perfect age.
Our midfield seriously lacks big bodies compared to some of the other sides in the top half of the ladder.

I just caught the end of N.Brown on Trade radio earlier talking to a caller and think I heard "its unfortunate bc Greenwood is the exact type richmond need"

Has he re-signed??

thanks for the comparison stats between Cotch & Greenwood _EAD_ . He would be a very interesting prospect that could well extend the life of Cotch (as a more outside mid) & allow us to give lids more time as a rotating mid/forward perhaps...It's interesting to think of a players worth in trade. Player worth X but may be worth Y when considering impact on the team/squad ??

Gold Coast ruckman Dan Gorringe wants out of Suns. Has nominated Port Adelaide as preferred destination. Pick 10 in 2010 draft.
source: Brett Anderson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he really doesn't. Not even close. While I agree his around the ground work needs a lot of improvement (and so on, and so on)

Do you not realize this is Big Footy?

What in the blazes do you think your doing actually basing your opinion of Hampson on his on-field performance?

Some people, really... :p

(More seriously, this post might be the most balanced appraisal of Hampson that I've seen in quite a while. Nicely done!)

Arrrr a logical post...MR Magic study this post to the max.. and get off all ellicit substances...NOW%%$##&&+$#!

Greeenwwooodd is 181 cm!

Sorry we have Ellis and Miles. Younger and better! We got Greenwoods number covered.

We are chasing stronger types more powerful in the contest with better skills, reach and breakaway speed!

Trade Week radio just asked Hine if Vickery was the Pies plan B for missing out on Clark, Hine laughed at them.
Did he laugh in the same way when they recruited Lynch and White

Greeenwwooodd is 181 cm!

Sorry we have Ellis and Miles. Younger and better! We got Greenwoods number covered.

We are chasing stronger types more powerful in the contest with better skills, reach and breakaway speed!
If we can get one....Greenwood would be an excellent pick up

I read somewhere Hawks have a younger list!

Who do you count in our 22 next year?

I find it interesting you are filtering the 22. Who is to say Hawthorn will not find another Langford since, unlike us, they keep targeting younger types?

What about Hartung etc...
Start of the year Hawthorns list was ranked 5th oldest our was ranked 8th. Since then we've seen Stephenson Jackson King A.Edwards who are all in the 28-32 age bracket have moved on. Fair to say that we're going to be younger again next year, while the Hawks will continue to age given only Sewell of their over 28 brigade is likely to retire.

Have watched a fair bit of Greenwood this year and in my opinion, you can never have enough players in the side who can win their own footy.
As good as Ellis is, his contested game is not that fantastic, putting lots of pressure on Miles and Cotchin.
With Deledio being played predominantly on a HFF next year, that extra ball winner in midfield will do wonders for our side.
We've had Tuck and Jackson both retire in the last 2 years.
Foley is nearing the end of his career and his best is well and truly past him.
An inside midfielder for us is an absolute must if we are to take that next step up the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back