Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mate sent me text saying that I need to turn on the AFL Trade radio.

Something to-do with news about Cooney and other info on the Dogs??

Have I missed it?

Club looking at trading Cooney apparently. Carlton and GWS rumored destinations.
Tom Lonegan been offered 3 year deal by us.

That pick Hawthorn traded on, not as if we would. Plus Stewart has played one game. Hardly a roaring success yet Could be wrong, but Hrovat is a good midfielder who we have for ten years time.

Not the thread but because Hawthorn got pick 28 people think that's the pick we gave them. But we actually gave them pick 27(Stewart) who's now a 20 year old KPF who made our defence look amateur at times only a month ago. Sick of people saying we got Hrovat and STevens for Lake but leave out the fact we throw in a second round pick too. I understand Lake leaving I just don't understand getting fisted.

Was he a Norm Smith Medallist when he was traded? Was he ever going to be a Norm Smith Medallist with the Western Bulldogs after that point? It almost beggars belief that people think Hawthorn's success thereafter has any bearing on who 'won' the trade.

Mate, he was finished at the Bulldogs. We got good value for him.

Whens the last time we stole a Gun key position Player mate im 43 and we never landed a gun other than these guys tell me the strange look to them all

Minton Connell
Jakovich
Hall

mmm all had 1 maybe 2 years year left...

Lonergan is criminally underrated. Him being out of Geelong's game against Sydney, and them losing by 100+ points isn't a coincidecne

Brian Lake didn't want to play for our club anymore.

On the off chance that this is true, Tom Lonergan does.

Enormous difference. I'd hardly call Hrovat 'steak knives', either.

FOR THE LAST TIME ---> HVORAT WAS NOT RECEIVED BECAUSE OF THE LAKE DEAL.

We got Koby Stevens with the Pick we got for Lake.

We got a 6 pick jump in the second round also--- > so we still would have got a young kid at 27 !
Everyone refers to Hvorat - Stevens was the player we got - please start getting this right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whens the last time we stole a Gun key position Player mate im 43 and we never landed a gun other than these guys tell me the strange look to them all

Minton Connell
Jakovich
Hall

mmm all had 1 maybe 2 years year left...

Tony "Glovesy" Campbell was on the list for around 3 years? Played Fullback and at Full Forward every now and then. Think he kicked a bag of 5 at the Western Oval once?

Lonergan will be 31 next year. Do we really want to give a 31 year old a three year deal? He's not a superstar (he's a solid defender) but I wouldn't want to get carried away.

Think its 2 with a 3rd year trigger. If your happy to have Austin still in the side or throw Talia and Roberts to the wolves be my guest! Moz is too small and Roughy should be moved forward because of his inability to match speed and accelaration with the well paced forwards.

Lonergan > Merrett

We've clearly identified a weakness down back, surely it can't hurt our developing kids to add some experience and leadership?

yep get Lonergan and Merrett on 3 year deals, keep Austin and let Roberts and Talia develop in the 2s for another 2 years where they learn until they get pissed off by the lack of opportunity and seek trades when they go into the prime of their careers. Meanwhile every other Club seems to provide plenty of opportunities for young key posi players.

Then again if Talia isnt good enough make the call early while he might have some currency, perhaps that is what we should have done with Jones last year, is that just poor judgement by the Club

We got a 6 pick jump in the second round also--- > so we still would have got a young kid at 27 !
Everyone refers to Hvorat - Stevens was the player we got - please start getting this right.
Don't be so condescending, you're dealing in semantics.

Correct, we traded the pick 43 we received in that Brian Lake deal for Koby Stevens.

We also had our Pick 27 upgraded to Pick 21 - Hrovat was selected with Pick 21. He wouldn't have been available at 27, it's common knowledge Hrovat was well and truly on St Kilda's radar and would have been snapped up with their Pick 24.

It's likely we'd have drafted a quality player with Pick 27, but we have Hrovat because of the Brian Lake trade.

If you hadnt picked up on it McCartney is not in the Talia fan club. I doubt he has even subscribed to the newsletter or liked them on facebook.

You could see how far McCartney thinks Tali is away from it in an interview Mccartney gave earlier this year.
Was not surprised to see him go gameless in 2014.
I do not necessarily agree though but thats where he sits at the club and like Jones and Tutt is amongst those wanting to move elsewhere.

I can recall Macca saying he wanted to make us a proud club, that good people would want to come and play for us.

Thus far there is more wanting out and there is wanting in. There no cue to get in at the moment.

I would say Talia will go next year so you may want to move him now whilst under contract maybe gives you some more say what deal you do.

You really don't like Geelong do you? :p
Funnily enough, Lonergan has always been one of the Geelong players I actually like :p. I think he'd fit into our team very well. Just cautious about what we'd have to pay for him, and the return we'd get from it.

Technically, we gave up Lake and the pick that would get them Tim O'Brien. We got the pick that would get us Hrovat, and the pick we traded for Stevens.

yep get Lonergan and Merrett on 3 year deals, keep Austin and let Roberts and Talia develop in the 2s for another 2 years where they learn until they get pissed off by the lack of opportunity and seek trades when they go into the prime of their careers. Meanwhile every other Club seems to provide plenty of opportunities for young key posi players.

Then again if Talia isnt good enough make the call early while he might have some currency, perhaps that is what we should have done with Jones last year, is that just poor judgement by the Club

1 or the other won't be both Lonergan and Merrett (preferred is Lonergan) and Talia and Roberts could get the 2nd and 3rd tall forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back