Multiplat Shadow of Mordor

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoilerrrrrrrr

On the last mission and you fight against an srmy of uruks. Haven't seen these guys since the first half I've been playing and who leads the charge? My rival in the game that I remember who's killed me mulitple times, Gorfel Weapon Smith!

Would be awesome if Dosherat lead an srmy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never killed an Ogre myself. but i did lead one into the stronghold where the carragor pen's are.

One big arse ogre then I used bait to attract carragors (x3) then released 3 more from there pen's.

Amazing how well the framerate held up, Ogre once again went like a boss killed Uruks left right and centre even one shotted a captain just picked him up and ate him.

But 6 carragors proved too much the Ogre died to the pack!
then i discovered that if you ride a Carragor all the other Carragors are allied with you!

Unfortunately you can't dismount and they have a sweettooth for slaves!
I smacked my ogre so hard no more dare appear...

the article from the clown that wrote the "SpellTower" app.

anybody that makes what is essentially a crossword puzzle with constantly changing board and calls it "an innovative, socially interactive experience" is a complete tosser that's in love with themselves.

Seriously what a *****. did anyone really go "stealth kill, BUT THATS THE COMBO I USED TO KISS MY WIFE!"
Just another "Indie" (no producing cheap s**t doesn't make it indie, stop abusing the word video games industry) programmer that hates on all Triple A titles.

when you're reduced to picking at reused mechanics or tutorials having a different "theme" it's far more likely your criticising for the sake of criticising.
his comments are about as relevant as me suggesting his facial hair makes him look like a hobo that nobody would take serious if he was presenting any of his articles in video format.

Hey Camo stop dying, I'm sick of avenging your deaths lol

Haha!
Yeah i jumped on a couple of hours ago and saw that you had avenged me a couple of times!

I love going in to strongholds all guns blazing and taking out as many people as i can just to enjoy the combat!
Also i'm leveling up a few high ranked guys so that when i decide to fight them i can get some awesome epic runes off of them.

Can't believe i almost skipped this game completely when i'm having more fun with it than any game since probably uncharted 3! :|

I avenged sacka Got one on the map for pantskyle but i think i'll let the captain enjoy his victory :p

No deaths for me yet, maybe once i start going for the trophies that require you to die to rank up the captain.

Trying to do more story missions but still getting distracted by collectibles or captains, managed to do 1 mission today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I avenged sacka Got one on the map for pantskyle but i think i'll let the captain enjoy his victory :p

No deaths for me yet, maybe once i start going for the trophies that require you to die to rank up the captain.

Trying to do more story missions but still getting distracted by collectibles or captains, managed to do 1 mission today.
Don't worry, took me about 22 hours to beat all the story missions, and this was with me trying to get through the last few missions as quick as possible.

But honestly, the story missions suck towards the end, well, I've never watched LOTR so the lore doesn't interest me so maybe that's why.

The fun part of the game is killing warchiefs etc. and just manipulating the nemesis system as you like.

Stuck the past hour on a warchief. He isn't killing me, I just can't kill him. Has a shield and can't stun him, invulnerable to stealth, can hurt him with ranged but don't have enough arrows. Also can be hurt with finishes but it seems like these events stop the spawning of orcs in other areas so I can't kite him to other groups. I have storm of urfael but again, can't find any orcs to build it up. Have tried shadow striking and beating him up but I have 8 elf shots so I can do this 4 times and only gets him down about half help. dafuq.

Just finished a solid 5 hour session, had to put the controller down even though I didn't want to. Finally got around to doing some of the main storyline missions, starting to get pretty interesting and cool, being a massive LOTR fan I'm really enjoying the direction of this game.

Stuck the past hour on a warchief. He isn't killing me, I just can't kill him. Has a shield and can't stun him, invulnerable to stealth, can hurt him with ranged but don't have enough arrows. Also can be hurt with finishes but it seems like these events stop the spawning of orcs in other areas so I can't kite him to other groups. I have storm of urfael but again, can't find any orcs to build it up. Have tried shadow striking and beating him up but I have 8 elf shots so I can do this 4 times and only gets him down about half help. dafuq.
You can build up Storm of Urfael before battling the War chief.

I've faced this Captain/Warchief before and what I did was build up my combo's by fighting the minions then using my finishers on the Captain/Warchief. It helps to have 5 hit combo and double finisher abilities as well.

You can also get a rune that gives you +? Elf-Shot when branding, so when low on arrows just rack up the combos, brand a few guys and start shooting at him. They'll also help in killing the warchief/lessening the numbers.

Every time I challenge one of those captains, I nearly kill him and then every other captain appears?

Is this meant to happen?
Just random.

If you go into Wraith mode, you should be able to see other captains in the area.

Luckily for me, pretty early in the game, I got a rune that lets me regain full health/Elf-shot whenever i killed a captain, so was always able to handle even up to 4 captains and a war chief. 26 hours of gameplay and I've never replaced the rune :p

You can build up Storm of Urfael before battling the War chief.

I've faced this Captain/Warchief before and what I did was build up my combo's by fighting the minions then using my finishers on the Captain/Warchief. It helps to have 5 hit combo and double finisher abilities as well.

You can also get a rune that gives you +? Elf-Shot when branding, so when low on arrows just rack up the combos, brand a few guys and start shooting at him. They'll also help in killing the warchief/lessening the numbers.

I ended up bailing and taking on another warchief. Managed to kill 3 more captains while kiting that one and decided stuff it. Did another to make the quest 4/4 and I'll go back when I have more elf shots and remember to do like you said and build up storm of urfael first.

Not enjoying this game as much as anyone else it would seem or as much as I thought I would, so might just power it on to the end from here.

Wow, a low level Uruk I had randomly branded during the game has promoted himself to captain. That's pretty cool.

Also I avenged you Quivorir :p

Went after a war chief only to have about 4 other captains turn up at the same time. Not to mention a legion of orcs from the stronghold.

Safe to say I struggled.

Always check to see if the Warchief has any captains connected to him with a line. If he does those captains are his bodyguards and are always around him.

So take out his bodyguards/captains first then engage the Warchief

One warchief gave me hell. Then after dying a few times to him he retreats to a new place. Stronghold with less baddies and more explosions.

Always check to see if the Warchief has any captains connected to him with a line. If he does those captains are his bodyguards and are always around him.

So take out his bodyguards/captains first then engage the Warchief
When I came up against the 5th warchief I needed to brand.
I set up a duel between one of mine and one of his.

I had branded 3 lower captains and aligned it with this warchief.
And I had branded his 3 captains.

So yeah, the last warchief didn't stand a chance.

Me, 1 warchief ad 6 captains vs 1 warchief.

Was never a fair fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back