List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

what's with all this cockatoo talk? we don't need another Tambling, Oakley-Nichols, Nahas, Garlett, Yarran, skinny xfactard on our side that shows up once every third quarter to dribble one through from the boundary line while we're already 70 points down, we can't afford to pick this type of player and hope it works out anymore.. We need a big body that is going to show up every week, gut run both ways, play smart football, throw themselves at every contest and ffs someone that can hit a target..

To hell with these inconsistent waste of space 'xfactor' types.. you need to start with a footballer that can run out a game first and if he turns out to be able to kick it over his face with three blokes hanging off him from the pocket then great.. otherwise we'll be begging someone to take them off our hands in a couple of seasons for picks 40+
Understand the point but Nakia aint a skinny player.

Cockatoo at 12 please. Seen enough with that 2 min clip.
The way he burst out of those centre clearances was brilliant.

Dont argues like Martin
Runs out of the pack like Deledio
Don't know why but because of his size has a bit of Adam Goodes about him.

His disposal looked a little shaky at times but hopefully thats from limited game time. It always takes a couple of games to shake the cob webs.

This guy can impact in his first season too, already a nice build. 1 more summer could see him add 2-3kg before round 1

Cockatoo at 12 please. Seen enough with that 2 min clip.
The way he burst out of those centre clearances was brilliant.

Dont argues like Martin
Runs out of the pack like Deledio
Don't know why but because of his size has a bit of Adam Goodes about him.

His disposal looked a little shaky at times but hopefully thats from limited game time. It always takes a couple of games to shake the cob webs.

This guy can impact in his first season too, already a nice build. 1 more summer could see him add 2-3kg before round 1

I'm starting to come around to the idea. Just because it's much more exciting than going for another member of the vanilla brigade. Doubt we'll do it though. Too risky for FJ and co!

I'm starting to come around to the idea. Just because it's much more exciting than going for another member of the vanilla brigade. Doubt we'll do it though. Too risky for FJ and co!
We need to take a risk or two. We won't win any premierships playing it safe.
We played it safe during trade week and it backfired, which is fine because we didn't lose anyone from our list.
Now we need a risk at in the draft.

We played it safe during trade week and it backfired, which is fine because we didn't lose anyone from our list.

I agree with you. I found DR's comments recently interesting because it's far more likely there'll be decent speedy players available at 12 and decent inside players at 33 rather than vice-versa. Maybe he's playing silly buggers. Cockatoo at 12 and Gore/Neal-Bullen at 33 would be awesome.

And West Coast’s plan to snare nippy South Fremantle goal-shark Jarrod Pickett has hit a snag with expansion franchise Greater Western Sydney or Melbourne set to pounce on the West Australian.

Eagles talent scouts are known to be keen on Pickett with their first pick at 11 after the lightning quick forward played five senior games with South late into this season.

But Pickett has stormed into early draft selection calculations at Melbourne where the Demons hold picks 2 and 3, while the Giants have 4, 6 and 7 after vigorous trading last week landed critical draft positions.

-Heraldsun

we didnt play it safe in trade week infact we tried trading our first pick for multiple players that fell over, one got as far as a final medical, and thats just the ones we know about

and we dont need to take a risk early in the draft, if cockatoo is rated as the best available great if not get someone else, hopefully our recruiters have seen a whole lot more to make that call than bigfootys 2 minute highlight packages from an exhibition games

If we take a risk i hope we take a risk with our 2nd or 3rd pick and get Caleb Daniel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe,Maybe not.FJ does have a new "assistant".

Perhaps we differ in opinion on outside speed versus inside grunt players.... If you read my post I pointed out that we do need mids. You just appear to be getting a touch defensive because I called you out on dissing a poster's opinion for no stated reason.... When you are able to articulate your viewpoints more clearly as you did above (even using quotes), it makes it so much more informative and useful for all concerned. Simply telling posters to try again or whatever you said is disrespectful and adds nothing to the forum. If you think it does then yes.... you have no idea. ;)
What's the opposite of Doyen?;)

I think Cockatoo will be there at 33. 12 is a reach for him. His disposal is erratic and his ball drop would concern development coaches.

Duggan looks to be a bit of a Brandon Ellis clone. Safe foot skills, knows how to get the football, has a bit of dash without having express pace. I think he would be a good selections. Would allow us to play Brandon on the wing, and Duggan as the rebounding defender with Houli.

I think we can then look at addressing needs (inside mids, pacey outside mids) with later picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back