List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Hunt as a DFA

#12 Duggan
#33 outside mid with pace
#52 Jack Lonie
Miles upgrade

Been trying to let the Trade Period marinate with me for a few days, and for the life of me can't understand what we are thinking. We chose not to trade any players in. Ok - I'll move on. We constantly said how keen we are on this years draft and how much we want to invest in this draft etc etc etc.

So why would we not look to trade in any picks? Our top 2 picks are 12 and 33... Hardly a strong position especially given the fact we never get our draft picks right past the first round (realistically). If we were so keen on going to the draft then why not improve our position?

Also, why carry on like we did about hanging onto our not so great picks? Surely at the end of the Trade Period your accomplishment shouldn't be hanging onto the picks we already had. I'm staggered.

Been trying to let the Trade Period marinate with me for a few days, and for the life of me can't understand what we are thinking. We chose not to trade any players in. Ok - I'll move on. We constantly said how keen we are on this years draft and how much we want to invest in this draft etc etc etc.

So why would we not look to trade in any picks? Our top 2 picks are 12 and 33... Hardly a strong position especially given the fact we never get our draft picks right past the first round (realistically). If we were so keen on going to the draft then why not improve our position?

Also, why carry on like we did about hanging onto our not so great picks? Surely at the end of the Trade Period your accomplishment shouldn't be hanging onto the picks we already had. I'm staggered.
We could have traded Cotchin for say, picks 4 and 7, would that have satisfied your needs?

A team full of same same players will have you finishing top 8 but will never get you to the elite status of top 2-3 teams in the league

When i look through the Richmond line up , I see a very bland team thats full of work horses with good citizens that never really break open games and tear teams apart . Some will argue Martin,Delidio and Jack but in all honesty Lids no longer runs and carries the ball Jack & Dusty are more fowards with Dusty having the ability to do it but isnt a full time mid that dominates for 4 quaters.

The inside foot soldiers are always available later in the draft at our 2nd selection but players with a difference not so much and are always a risk, But to win a flag you need to take a risk to get the players that ignite the team and become the game breakers/changers . There are things i look at when looking at junior players that i like to take notice off and 1 is what is their ceiling and what are there tools/skills and chances of doing it at the top level

Also have a look at the next 3 players at our selection that is there and how they compare to the said player aswell as how these 3 players will compare to the players available at our next pick #33

Cockatoo
Speed - Tick
Endurance -Tick
Size -Tick
Kick - Tick
Leap - Tick
Inside/Out -Tick
Age - Tick (bottom age)
Gun Junior all the way through - Tick

Flaws - Missed 2014 with injury
Needs to learn to take 1st option
Kicking - Can spray but usually due to running speed or distance
accountability for his opponent - This is normal with junior kids that are predominantly attacking players and is usually ironed out in the first 2 years

#12 is early for Cockatoo due to his missed season, But if he hadnt missed this year with injuries he would easily be a top 10 selection and rated along with Pickett,Weller,Duggan,De Goey etc

Christian Patracca 12 months ago was rated as a top 10-15 type player, I seen him play 2 years ago and said to my friends this kid will be a top 3 pick mark my words and he wasnt so convinced as i was and said he was a man child and in 2014 the other players will catchup.
Christian is nearly 10 months older than Nakia - Just think about this

If Nakia was born 2 months later and wasnt in this years draft, Where do you think this kid would rate with another 12 months of development
He would be Dominating . and in 2015 you would need a top 5 selection to pick him up.

Nakia in the Richmond Football Club with 12 months of development under people like Chocco and our development coaches will be dominating VFL towards the end of his 1st year and in 2016 will be well and truly in the startin 22 replacing Chris Newman in the team

Even if Richmond dont select him, I will be watching Nakia's career with interest

Head of recruiters are you?

Nah Cocky will prove himself at it will be another Heppell f.... up told ya so .... sick of these turnips who have nfi and no track record etc...

FJ gets behind Conca

Wallace gets behind Tambling

I get behind Cocky, Heppell, Lynch, Smith, Franklin, etc.... I am sick of the same o'll sh.. every year f... me why do I f.... bother!

LOL

how you arent in a recruiting position is dumbfounding..

A team full of same same players will have you finishing top 8 but will never get you to the elite status of top 2-3 teams in the league

When i look through the Richmond line up , I see a very bland team thats full of work horses with good citizens that never really break open games and tear teams apart . Some will argue Martin,Delidio and Jack but in all honesty Lids no longer runs and carries the ball Jack & Dusty are more fowards with Dusty having the ability to do it but isnt a full time mid that dominates for 4 quaters.

The inside foot soldiers are always available later in the draft at our 2nd selection but players with a difference not so much and are always a risk, But to win a flag you need to take a risk to get the players that ignite the team and become the game breakers/changers . There are things i look at when looking at junior players that i like to take notice off and 1 is what is their ceiling and what are there tools/skills and chances of doing it at the top level

Also have a look at the next 3 players at our selection that is there and how they compare to the said player aswell as how these 3 players will compare to the players available at our next pick #33

Cockatoo
Speed - Tick
Endurance -Tick
Size -Tick
Kick - Tick
Leap - Tick
Inside/Out -Tick
Age - Tick (bottom age)

accountability for his opponent - This is normal with junior kids that are predominantly attacking players and is usually ironed out in the first 2 years

#12 is early for Cockatoo due to his missed season, But if he hadnt missed this year with injuries he would easily be a top 10 selection and rated along with Pickett,Weller,Duggan,De Goey etc

Christian Patracca 12 months ago was rated as a top 10-15 type player, I seen him play 2 years ago and said to my friends this kid will be a top 3 pick mark my words and he wasnt so convinced as i was and said he was a man child and in 2014 the other players will catchup.

If Nakia was born 2 months later and wasnt in this years draft, Where do you think this kid would rate with another 12 months of development
He would be Dominating . and in 2015 you would need a top 5 selection to pick him up.

Nakia in the Richmond Football Club with 12 months of development under people like Chocco and our development coaches will be dominating VFL towards the end of his 1st year and in 2016 will be well and truly in the startin 22 replacing Chris Newman in the team

Even if Richmond dont select him, I will be watching Nakia's career with interest
Dude, you're preaching to the converted... this needs to go to FJ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get any buzz from that Cockatoo clip, looks a bit flakey with the ball. He's winning the ball against kids with no muscle yet, no way in hell we'll pick him at 12.

dude, you're too late by a few weeks on Mitch
but now he is officially on the market, we should be tripping over ourselves to sign him up as Lord knows Dimma loves a battler

If Durdin is there I would take him for sure. Was touted as a top 5 pick before. However, still want a gun midfielder.

Cockatoo
Speed - Tick
Endurance -Tick
Size -Tick
Kick - Tick
Leap - Tick
Inside/Out -Tick
Age - Tick (bottom age)

If you don't work at a firm that sells penny stocks, i don't know what you're doing with your life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back