Delisted Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes , Simpson is from a remote location inland from Broome and could not cope with the AFL discipline's but I reckon Ross Lyon would be a tough task master , maybe a different style of play might help Simpson because he has pace and skill something WCE have lacked recently.
Isn't he from Yalgoo which is inland from Geraldton not Broome??

Yes , Simpson is from a remote location inland from Broome and could not cope with the AFL discipline's but I reckon Ross Lyon would be a tough task master , maybe a different style of play might help Simpson because he has pace and skill something WCE have lacked recently.

It is a punt, mind you you could do worse. Depends who you draft though.

Robinson, McLean and Lucas have been delisted by Carlton

Out of the various picks and players in the Fev trade, Henderson is now the only one still on a list.

can see Robinson getting picked up elsewhere.

Seems pretty certain he'll be with the Lions. Wonder if the anonymity means he can be a dickhead in peace.

Of all players Petrenko. Just no. Too soft, goes right against what the Swans stand for. Plus I have no idea where his position is in our team.

After the GF I can't say soft would not fit in there, as that was not good. On any other day last year I would totally agree with you. Soft and Swans do not go together. One of the harder units going around.

Go Catters

Last edited:
Robinson is interesting in that the upside is he can play and is hard at it. And in the right environment where his head gets pulled in he could add great value for the price. The downside is how long before the #$%#head appears and just wrecks it all…..

Someone will roll the dice but the strength of character of that club must be Swans, Hawks Freo style strong enough to handle it. Perhaps even Geelong.

A less leadership savvy club like GWS et al could end badly.

Go Catters

Interested in Hamling. Have followed his progress pretty closely over the last few years and it seemed he was just about ready to get a chance at AFL level.

Was very surprised he was cut by us. Thought that 2015 would be his debut year and would see 10+ games….

Shows what I know…

Go Catters

More frustrated about cutting Lucas with Mclean's position covered by Whiley. Swings and roundabouts if Lucas didn't tear his hamstring twice and have both hips operated on in his first season. Looked a senior player from his first or second game.

Cripps, Graham, Bell. Also have Tutt, Holman and this year's draft could cover for Mclean.
No offence man but that's a pretty ugly group. I'd have Mclean ahead of all of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I don't really see what can be gained by cutting McLean. IMO he wasn't a marginal member of their midfield at all.

I'm not ready to write him off, but it does look like a pretty clear case of him proving himself in a state league and then getting a second chance.

Really wouldnt mind Mitch Brown from the Cats.

He'd be the perfect fit for the dogs. Not many delisted key position players would've played so well in their last 2 outings at AFL level. He was good in the last round against Brisbane (15 touches, 5 inside 50s and a goal) and ok in the semi-final against North in easily the biggest game of his career. He's definitely worth a 1-year deal at any club struggling for key position players. Looking through the delisted key position players I'd say he's the pick of them since he's never really had a chance to cement a spot at Geelong due to injury and competition for spots (got injured early this year when he was best 22).

Yes he did but he never took his opportunity with both hands, as they say.

The kid lacks mongrel, the physicality side of the game he shies well away from and you need to have at least some element of that in your game if you are to succeed at the highest level.

And, of course, you could say the same thing about Harry Taylor. Or Andrew Mackie. Or Dustin Fletcher.

Mitch Brown is a mediocre player.
He is like that Geelong defender who ended up at Melbourne.

I'm happy enough that we've cut ties with Blease, but if someone needs to fill a list spot - he's worth a one year contract to see if he can make it.

Just saw that the AFL site mentions that Geelong are interested in Blease. I don't know much about him except that he is quick.

What's his story - outside player? Goal kicker? Good with defensive pressure? Etc. Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back