Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone tell me whether cream is an acceptable replacement for butter in BP coffee? Cafe around the corner from my place is selling 'primal coffee' which has the above ingredient switch

Cream is fine if no butter or ghee available.

Heavy double cream better cos less carbs.

The issue with the cream is the casein protein content which triggers inflammation markers , albeit a small amounter 20-40ml but still enough to concern the bulletproof creator.

On another note, I've upped my Brain Octane Oil to 2 tea spoons rather than the initial one, great effects! Clarity, focus and confidence!

I'm also planning on making a cold drip coffee using the Upgraded coffee beans and brain octane oil overnight to see if I can get similar effects for summer!

Wait til you get to adding 4-8 teaspons

I use double cream (equivalent to heavy whipping cream...about 45-48% fat) in a pinch when I've run out of butter.

I find it makes for a smoother drink - not that I don't enjoy the butter...there's just something extra luxurious about the cream.

Seeing as you can make butter from double cream, I assume that the higher casein content is found in the residue left when you make butter - the buttermilk? So by using cream, you're consuming what would become the buttermilk as well as the butter.

Hmm, I might chuck a couple of blocks of butter in the freezer to ensure I don't run out and only have the cream as a treat.

I think I react ok to cream (although I suppose the only answer is to do some blood glucose tests), as I have it occasionally in egg based meals (baked egg, scrambled egg, omelettes, egg foo yung etc) - but maybe I should restrict it a little further.

If I'm out and want a coffee I always get a long black with cream.

The finished product :):thumbsu:

~25 30g pods of butter, coconut oil and really fragrant cacao butter

y2egegu2.jpg

I know that your intention was to eat these, but could the same principle be used to use these pods blended in with your coffee? Thus giving me a short cut to my BP coffee each morning and being able to make sure that I measure out the ingredients properly for consistency?

I know that your intention was to eat these, but could the same principle be used to use these pods blended in with your coffee? Thus giving me a short cut to my BP coffee each morning and being able to make sure that I measure out the ingredients properly for consistency?
Not my intention to eat them at all :p

I use them to make my BP coffee so I don't have to measure out ingredients ;)

Not my intention to eat them at all :p

I use them to make my BP coffee so I don't have to measure out ingredients ;)

Sorry, from reading the thread it seemed like you eat them, lol.

Cool, well I know what I'll be doing for prep!

Don't forget to report back, I can't see it, personally. But having said that I have the cream on standby.
Holy crap I've uncovered the mecca of keto friendly desserts

>100g double cream
>50g well naturally sugar free dark chocolate (or any dark chocolate really)
>45g (or 2 scoops) of WPC (or whatever protein powder you have)

>Microwave double cream and chocolate for 30 sec to soften it up
>Combine protein powder
>Microwave for another 30 seconds
>Pepper your angus for a mind blowing dessert

>100g double cream

>Combine protein powder

Sounds great, must try that.

Have you heard about the new choc milk in Kiwiland? The whole country is going apeshit over it, fights, riots, black market, you name it and it only contains 21 teaspoons sugar per 300ml.

Security guards hired to protect chocolate milk in New Zealand

A chocolate milk craze has hit New Zealand, with hour-long lines, ‘milk scalping’, and security guards required to guard the precious product...

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/food...red-to-protect-chocolate-milk-in-new-zealand/
Sounds like the Krispy Kreme riots in Adelaide. :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-21K-fines-week-new-Krispy-Kreme-store.html

And then there's more..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-17/armed-offender-steals-krispy-kreme-doughnuts/5604380

******* donuts, seriously. I hear there's a Sumo Salad opening up at my local shops in 6 months time, I eagerly anticipate it's grand opening... Meanwhile a donut king erects overnight - out of nowhere last week. Literally nothing there on thursday, and a store on friday.

s**t's ****ed.

Sounds like the Krispy Kreme riots in Adelaide. :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-21K-fines-week-new-Krispy-Kreme-store.html

And then there's more..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-17/armed-offender-steals-krispy-kreme-doughnuts/5604380

******* donuts, seriously. I hear there's a Sumo Salad opening up at my local shops in 6 months time, I eagerly anticipate it's grand opening... Meanwhile a donut king erects overnight - out of nowhere last week. Literally nothing there on thursday, and a store on friday.

s**t's ******.

Society huh..

FWIW, I was excited about the expansion of Sumo Salad, but the times I've eaten it I just feel very unsatisfied, the salads are always kinda greasy and just dont' seem right..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Society huh..

FWIW, I was excited about the expansion of Sumo Salad, but the times I've eaten it I just feel very unsatisfied, the salads are always kinda greasy and just dont' seem right..
Yeah right? I'll admit I haven't tried them for a while but I'm still looking forward to it, on the proviso that any salad I buy will be accompanied by a whole avocado bought next door.

Yeah right? I'll admit I haven't tried them for a while but I'm still looking forward to it, on the proviso that any salad I buy will be accompanied by a whole avocado bought next door.

I haven't had it for a while so they may have improved, and I would love to add that much avo. I love avo!

>100g double cream

>Combine protein powder

Will do this with Lindt 90% chocolate. Use choc protein?

This ends up like some keto friendly mousse I take it?

I hate when you go to the supermarket with something in mind and you forget exactly what it was that you were after.

It's doubly harder when you have to start trying to process in your head the difference between cocoa and cocao and cacao or whatever they all are.

Nevertheless, is this ok to put in BPC?

cocoa.jpg cocoa01.jpg

I put cinnamon in my BPC this morning. Went down a treat.

I have masterfoods ground cinnamon at home, is that what you used? if so, how much did you put in?

I hate when you go to the supermarket with something in mind and you forget exactly what it was that you were after.

It's doubly harder when you have to start trying to process in your head the difference between cocoa and cocao and cacao or whatever they all are.

Nevertheless, is this ok to put in BPC?

View attachment 89677 View attachment 89678
Thats interesting as its almost 100% identical to vanHOUTEN from Belgium, except vanH per 100g has 30mg sodium and Woolies 474mg Wow, how can that be?

I have masterfoods ground cinnamon at home, is that what you used? if so, how much did you put in?

Yes it was. I used a teaspoonful.

Thats interesting as its almost 100% identical to vanHOUTEN from Belgium, except vanH per 100g has 30mg sodium and Woolies 474mg Wow, how can that be?

My sarcasm radar didn't quite go off then, was that a "no, don't use that one"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back