Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think anyone is saying Cotchin is no good and that we don't need him. Far from it actually. I think some of us just feel he is a little overhyped.

I would probably take Jones over Cotchin simply because he would cost less, would have a similar impact where we need impact most (e.g. on the inside and leadership) and he tackles more.

A comparison between the two actually favors Jones in most of the important categories.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=1618&tid2=15&pid2=2302&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Only issue is he is a couple of years older than Cotchin too ..........

Please now find me the one or two posts which refer to Maric :p:thumbsu:

Should work well with Maric and be a very good back up forever Maric is injured or needs a rest. Up forward Hampson is like a box of chocolates but he should work well with Riewoldt and Vickey/Mcbean taking the best defenders.

It's from a year and ~700 pages ago but it still counts, right?

also lol at Hampson actually being any good for Richmond

It's from a year and ~700 pages ago but it still counts, right?

also lol at Hampson actually being any good for Richmond

Lol well done. I award you 1 free internet !!!!!!!!!!!

winternet.jpg

Trent Cotchin would walk into any club in the competition and instantly be in their top few players.

Laughable to suggest otherwise.

Difference between what you have said and who we should go after in free agent market next year. Would rather a dangerfield/sloan than cotchin if we are going to spend big bucks on getting a free agent.

I think cotchin is overated as he gets the ball 30 times a game but overall doesnt impact the game enough. Richmond play through him as much as possible and all he does is kick it 20m, get the handball back and do it again. Perfect example to watch is his first qtr against sydney at the mcg this year. Had 14 touches and didnt have any impact on the game, players with 6 touches had more impact on the game in the 1st qtr. Needs to be more damaging with how he uses the ball and not just accumulate.

Dont get me wrong he is a good player and would walk into our midfield and be one of our better players but i dont think he is worth the kind of $$$ he would want to move teams (and i dont think he wants to go anywhere anyway, will be a tiger for life).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MS3, meet Treloar at my mate's wedding on Sunday. Very gracious and humble. His out of contract and loves Carlton, any chance we make a play for him?

Saw Treloar's name mentioned an awful lot in the official Trade thread (plus in 17 different threads that turned into unofficial trade threads).

He was put at the top of many posters' wishlists, above some genuine superstars. I was impressed and intrigued.

I don't watch many GWS games. What's the go? Stats tell me he gets hold of the ball an awful lot for a kid (has each of first three seasons) and has some good tackle and clearance numbers. But I hate relying on stats.

What's his game like, which players would you compare him to? What's his disposal like? How does he rank against other < 22yo midfielders?

Saw Treloar's name mentioned an awful lot in the official Trade thread (plus in 17 different threads that turned into unofficial trade threads).

He was put at the top of many posters' wishlists, above some genuine superstars. I was impressed and intrigued.

I don't watch many GWS games. What's the go? Stats tell me he gets hold of the ball an awful lot for a kid (has each of first three seasons) and has some good tackle and clearance numbers. But I hate relying on stats.

What's his game like, which players would you compare him to? What's his disposal like? How does he rank against other < 22yo midfielders?

Given another 2 years, maybe even sooner, will be top ten mids in the comp.

I would probably take Jones over Cotchin simply because he would cost less, would have a similar impact where we need impact most (e.g. on the inside and leadership) and he tackles more.

A comparison between the two actually favors Jones in most of the important categories.

Reckon our 3rd rounder would get it done too ... hang on a minute ??

He's kinda like a faster, classier Jack Ziebell. Great clearance player but takes the game on when he gets it. Seems to flash in and out of the game at times but still ends up with 30 touches and 5+ tackles. He can shut an opponent down and hurt them the other way.

Would grab Cotchin in a heartbeat, but wouldn't pay what it would take to pry him from the Tigers in a mad fit.

As for his disposal, I think back to Murphy carrying injury a couple of years ago and everyone jumping on his kicking being crap as though this was his level as a player. In 2012 Cotchin was using the ball just fine and it's clear to me he's had some issue with his leg that's affected him. Just my 2 cents.

Would grab Cotchin in a heartbeat, but wouldn't pay what it would take to pry him from the Tigers in a mad fit.

As for his disposal, I think back to Murphy carrying injury a couple of years ago and everyone jumping on his kicking being crap as though this was his level as a player. In 2012 Cotchin was using the ball just fine and it's clear to me he's had some issue with his leg that's affected him. Just my 2 cents.

Cotchin, Martin & DeLedio, have carried Richmond, as our 3 have for the past 6 years.

Would take any of those Tigers in, 0.00013 flat.

Between Kreuzer & Cotchin, there could be a little niggling from both sides to move. Richmond still chasing a ruck/forward & us quality midfielders. Good mates too.

Regarding Cotchin, He did have a niggle early in the year but nothing too serious and it only effected him 2-3 weeks
The biggest problem with Cotchin is actually not cotchin himself but the way Richmond used him in the first half of the season with Jackson,Delidio both out trent was getting hammered on the inside with no support.

If you go back to the brownlow count after Delidio & Miles were in the team, Trent spent more time outside and his kicks were alot better and longer and he become more damaging - And got alot more bog's and came home strong )brownlow/jack dyer both reflected that

I am a massive supporter of getting Mitch Robinson to richmond as i believe he would really add alot to the midfield in the rotations aswell as having the ability to go foward & kicks goals when Dusty,Lids,Trent are in the middle - But the best part would be that it would allow our better players to be played more upfield /outside and be more damaging.

But looks like its not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back