Suns must pay for Eade, says McGuire

Remove this Banner Ad

GC have agreed to pay out Eade's last year - I'll rephrase that, the AFL have agreed to pay out Eade's last year.

Luckily for us, one of us does this for a living :)
Meaning you? Surely then you would know it is common to buy out contracts when you take the contracted party? Even just in a sporting sense it happens when clubs buy players off other clubs - happens every day in soccer. Happens in a lot of commercial settings.

Last edited:

If The Fat Controller publicly stayed out of other clubs affairs, such as Swans Cost of Living Allowance or Brizzle Leos using their available cash to recruit stars like Dayne Beams, no one would care..
How are either of those not Collingwood's business? If Collingwood were allowed to pay as much as Sydney then you would have a point. If Beams wasn't a Collingwood player and Eddie said what you infer then you may have a point but as he is a Collingwood player then it is 100% a Collingwood issue. Even I am giving the benefit of the doubt because I don't even recall a comment that would justify what you claim from Eddie.

Whether you share his views is another matter but he is the Collingwood president talking about Collingwood's interests.

It's pretty clear you have an agenda against McGuire.
I would too if he just took off the training wheels the AFL have granted you.

I have an agenda against all self-obsessed media types. I also despise blinkered Victorian dinosaur morons who dismiss the achievements of my club and put it down to unfair funding. I have a general dislike for morons and dishonest people.

Gentleman, champion of the game - target for redneck losers who don't like seeing black people in prominent positions.

So you only have an agenda against self-obsessed types who aren't associated with Sydney.
Yes, we know it hurts McGuire took the COLA off you.

I have an agenda against all self-obsessed media types. I also despise blinkered Victorian dinosaur morons who dismiss the achievements of my club and put it down to unfair funding. I have a general dislike for morons and dishonest people.
Better not look in the mirror then. If you're going to come on here and slag McGuire don't whine when you cop it back in spades.

Better not look in the mirror then. If you're going to come on here and slag McGuire don't whine when you cop it back in spades.

Wow, that's pretty tough talk - even if it makes no sense.
Your president is a lowlife egotist - and he is presiding over the gradual decline of your club.
And don't say "spades", that's how your president talks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, that's pretty tough talk - even if it makes no sense.
Your president is a lowlife egotist - and he is presiding over the gradual decline of your club.
And don't say "spades", that's how your president talks.
Reckon Eddie has more intelligence, humility and common decency in his little finger than the inadequate non entities who hurl abuse at him have in their whole bodies. You do seem to be getting increasingly shrill in your condemnation of Eddie with each post.

Just because you keep repeating yourself doesn't mean that what you are saying has any basis in fact. Just the opposite, in fact the vitriol and malice in your posts is sadly more a reflection on yourself than good old Eddie. So full of hate and bitterness.

Reckon Eddie has more intelligence, humility and common decency in his little finger than the inadequate non entities who hurl abuse at him have in their whole bodies. You do seem to be getting increasingly shrill in your condemnation of Eddie with each post.

Just because you keep repeating yourself doesn't mean that what you are saying has any basis in fact. Just the opposite, in fact the vitriol and malice in your posts is sadly more a reflection on yourself than good old Eddie. So full of hate and bitterness.

We don't have our president trying to whiteant your club and spread lies about unequal standings. This is what your Fat Controller has done, He is beyond contempt.

We don't have our president trying to whiteant your club and spread lies about unequal standings. This is what your Fat Controller has done, He is beyond contempt.
Nah, top bloke who wants the best for everyone, including the Swans. Would make a top CEO, or even Chairman of the AFL. Could be counted on to put aside his club allegiances and strive for the greater good.

We don't have our president trying to whiteant your club and spread lies about unequal standings.

What are these alleged lies?
Don't really see why you are so outraged based on your behaviour with Dew last year.

What are these alleged lies?
Don't really see why you are so outraged based on your behaviour with Dew last year.
Not sure you'll get a coherent response. Poor guy is so choked up with hatred he is unable to think logically or come up with any detailed analysis. Unfortunately just venting with mindless and undeserved abuse of poor Eddie. Yes the hypocrisy re Dew is stark.

Which I believe we requested in a timely matter before the assistant coach shuffle (that's all Dew was at the time) and we wanted him for a senior coaching job.

Collingwood are losing the second highest person in their footy department, late in the off season footy department year and are not really blocking him going for the job, they are just asking for what I believe should be a small amount of viable compensation.

What are the exact dates for the assistant coach shuffle, exactly?

In any case, Collingwood are losing someone to a direct head coach job, Sydney would have been losing Dew to an assistant coaches position (or senior assistant, however you want to spin it) where he may have been head coach three or so years down the track. Sydney were no more blocking it than Collingwood are, either.

Interesting how they do it in the States.

http://www.court-side.com/news/blog/doc-rivers-traded-to-la-clippers/

There is an agreement in principle in place between the Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Clippers that will send Doc Rivers to the Clips in exchange for an unprotected 2015 first round pick. This poses as an interesting potential precedent for the league to address. As a general rule coaches cannot be traded. Rivers also has a non-compete clause attached to his existing contract with the Celtics, which still had three years remaining. In order for him to coach another team, Boston would have to release him of the said clause. The draft pick will be serving as compensation for the release.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back