Forever Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty stock standard. Could've been Forever Richmond or Forever Crows. My personal favourite was the one they had about ten years ago, where the bloke's at work in the coffee room and he can't talk – it cuts to crowd scenes and I think they were trading off the "do you have the passion?" slogan. Funny, original, and well written. And it conveyed something about the DNA of the team...

Pretty stock standard. Could've been Forever Richmond or Forever Crows. My personal favourite was the one they had about ten years ago, where the bloke's at work in the coffee room and he can't talk – it cuts to crowd scenes and I think they were trading off the "do you have the passion?" slogan. Funny, original, and well written. And it conveyed something about the DNA of the team...

was that ten years ago? geez, time flies

I remember that one. That was gold. Is that the one where they show the guys hugging each other in the crowd?

... That we were manufactured and artificial? Now it was mildly amusing, but they had to employ actors to have the passion and a small rent a crowd in the preseason for the guys hugging each other. The Western Force have done almost the same ad.

Plenty of vision of passionate crowds, and real vision of our footballers... How could that be Richmond or Adelaide? Unless you are making a comment on the unity of Aussie Rules Football, that's horse s**t.

... That we were manufactured and artificial? Now it was mildly amusing, but they had to employ actors to have the passion and a small rent a crowd in the preseason for the guys hugging each other. The Western Force have done almost the same ad.

Plenty of vision of passionate crowds, and real vision of our footballers... How could that be Richmond or Adelaide? Unless you are making a comment on the unity of Aussie Rules Football, that's horse s**t.

I was in that rent a crowd! ;) We had to pretend we'd just witnessed JLo put through the after siren kick to win the game against StK and then go nuts.

A little side anecdote: The main actor was actually a Hawthorn supporter who sits just near me, and maybe a year or two after the ad was made he got so pissed and obnoxious in a game where the Hawks were beating us that there were guys threatening to beat the living crap out of him, he may have been ejected in the end. I've seen him bring his kid (baby) recently, decked out top to toe in purple so I'm wondering whether he's changed allegiances. Never seen him behave in any other way except perfectly since that incident...

BTW I like 'Forever Freo" much more than "Own the Moment".

Steve Harris is also the head of the largest (or second largest) advertising agency in the state and has a roster of some of the best marcom creatives in town at his beck and call. I don't mind the advert, certainly it's better than many of their previous efforts but I know Freo could have done something much more creative.

That being said, on-field results is the biggest brand-builder for any sporting club, so really RTB has had as much to do with building Freo's brand as Steve has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty happy with this one. I may have seen some better membership ads, but I've also seen us put up some absolutely terrible ones. Anything that isn't as embarrassing as that 'lucky undies' one from a few years ago is OK by me

I'm pretty happy with this one. I may have seen some better membership ads, but I've also seen us put up some absolutely terrible ones. Anything that isn't as embarrassing as that 'lucky undies' one from a few years ago is OK by me

I enjoyed the ad where the fan's wife drops her robe to try and entice her man to not go to the footy game. But I can understand why that may have got a few noses out of joint.

I enjoyed the ad where the fan's wife drops her robe to try and entice her man to not go to the footy game. But I can understand why that may have got a few noses out of joint.

I was actually talking about this one

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2007-03-26/fremantle-membership-tvc

Although for some reason the video isn't working, the description is "The clubs new membership campaign was launched with a new television advertisement featuring a frantic hunt by a Fremantle member for his lucky purple undies as he gets ready to set off to the game"

If that doesn't inspire you to sign up as a member then I don't know what will

I was actually talking about this one

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2007-03-26/fremantle-membership-tvc

Although for some reason the video isn't working, the description is "The clubs new membership campaign was launched with a new television advertisement featuring a frantic hunt by a Fremantle member for his lucky purple undies as he gets ready to set off to the game"

If that doesn't inspire you to sign up as a member then I don't know what will

Yep I remember it. If you can get the video of the one I was talking about, I'd be happier.

Steve Harris is also the head of the largest (or second largest) advertising agency in the state and has a roster of some of the best marcom creatives in town at his beck and call. I don't mind the advert, certainly it's better than many of their previous efforts but I know Freo could have done something much more creative.

That being said, on-field results is the biggest brand-builder for any sporting club, so really RTB has had as much to do with building Freo's brand as Steve has.

Largest, and that agency has nothing to do with Freo's MarComms due to the obvious conflict of interest. I believe these guys do it: http://blockbranding.com/work/fremantle-dockers/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back