How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quoted the OP

If we do win a premiership in the next two years (unlikely as that is) then this thread has its answer and the debate should be over

But we can't/won't with Priddis in his current role. Which has been true and will remain true. Because his attributes AND his weakness in such a key role mitigate against success.

But most in here just can't see that despite years of evidence.

But we can't/won't with Priddis in his current role. Which has been true and will remain true. Because his attributes AND his weakness in such a key role mitigate against success.

Yes.
Seven years of failure should be a good enough case study.

Scientifically it would be a slam dunk.

So discussing the weaknesses and strengths of our premier midfielder and brownlow medalist is "bashing" is it?

Are you one of those supporters who just blindly accept the performances of pur team without discussing the failings and shortcomings?

Have you never said a negative word about the eagles or an eagles player? I would suggest you have you basher.

This thread isn't bashing priddis. Its discussing one of the most important players in our team. And he has presided over the worst piece of history for our club performance wise. If you are happy with our performances then you are not a true supporter because supporters want a winning culture.
Rubbish

He is just one player in the team.

Change the name of the thread and discuss all players because the most consistent player is being blamed for the lack of team success.

Lecca, JK, Rosa and many more have lacked consistency over the same period. Our structures have not been followed to the required rate to win games.
Our structures have been worked out and countered, therefore you could argue flawed.

Make a new thread

Will the 2 year extension see him through to the end of his career, especially if we go without much success, which seems entirely plausible?
The article says the deal will ensure he becomes a one club player which suggests they consider 2016 may be it. He'll be 31 going on 32 by then and hopefully with the likes of waterman and Sheed pushing for game time you'd think everyone would realise his time is up

Will the 2 year extension see him through to the end of his career, especially if we go without much success, which seems entirely plausible?

You'd hope 2 more years of mediocrity would see all aspects of our underperformance exposed. Including Matt.

Let's hope we don't have to wait that long.

The article says the deal will ensure he becomes a one club player which suggests they consider 2016 may be it. He'll be 31 going on 32 by then and hopefully with the likes of waterman and Sheed pushing for game time you'd think everyone would realise his time is up

I'd hope everyone realised his time was up in 2010. So it's not a given :)

Rubbish

He is just one player in the team.

Change the name of the thread and discuss all players because the most consistent player is being blamed for the lack of team success.

Lecca, JK, Rosa and many more have lacked consistency over the same period. Our structures have not been followed to the required rate to win games.
Our structures have been worked out and countered, therefore you could argue flawed.

Make a new thread

It must be a great joy to live in the dark. Is it?

Tha
No.
Only priddis out of our team will end it.
Clueless comment

I'd suggest the opposite is true

His strengths need to be exploited by his teammates. If they helped with the same ferocity then they would get their hands on the ball more often. This in turn would reduce Priddas influence or output therefore achieving what you desire.
But it has to start with his teammates and it will happen, our best is dynamic we just need more consistency of effort from the whole squad for four quarters.

Tha

Clueless comment

I'd suggest the opposite is true

His strengths need to be exploited by his teammates. If they helped with the same ferocity then they would get their hands on the ball more often. This in turn would reduce Priddas influence or output therefore achieving what you desire.
But it has to start with his teammates and it will happen, our best is dynamic we just need more consistency of effort from the whole squad for four quarters.
Clueless?

Your comments blame our other players. Its a ridiculous argument as they are not responsible for his poor disposals.
You obviously don't watch the games and see his team mates in the rights positions to receive but he butchers it over and over.

Talk about clueless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.
Only priddis out of our team will end it.
This comment is probably closer to the truth than most people think.

By the end of 2016 most of the Pro Priddis crowd and Priddis himself would be well satisfied with his career.

The Anti Priddis crowd would be happy that he has finally retired and the club can proceed on its journey to greatness.

The club winning or playing in a Grand Final before this time is the only other variable I can see.

Looking forward, a 1000 page thread very much a possibility.

At best he'll be a year by year prospect by that stage as is the norm. Once this is the case there is little imperative to keep playing such senior players at the expense of youth unless we're pushing for flag or they're in red hot form.

Last edited:
Clueless?

Your comments blame our other players. Its a ridiculous argument as they are not responsible for his poor disposals.
You obviously don't watch the games and see his team mates in the rights positions to receive but he butchers it over and over.

Talk about clueless.

yeah so whats your point? his kicking isnt the best, so....his kicking has improved, but if you are expecting hurn like kicks then you dont really have a clue yourself. but apparently to you, coaches dont either. hmmmm i am beginning to see why eagles fans are seen by other fans as the most stupid and dumb. full display here. apparently winning brownlow=you are s**t. thats a new one.

yeah so whats your point? his kicking isnt the best, so....his kicking has improved, but if you are expecting hurn like kicks then you dont really have a clue yourself. but apparently to you, coaches dont either. hmmmm i am beginning to see why eagles fans are seen by other fans as the most stupid and dumb. full display here. apparently winning brownlow=you are s**t. thats a new one.

His kicking has improved has it? You obviously need to go back and watch Kranky's videos. It's actually laughable that you think it has.
I'm not expecting Hurn like kicks travelling 70 meters, enough with the strawman argument.
I AM (and so should every other supporter) expecting proper kicks that are either out in front of the target or hitting the forward on the chest. It isn't too much to ask from an AFL footballer at the top of his so called game. But mostly what we get is the helicopter bomb going up 50 meters and acroos 25 or the mulli grubber shank like he did against Essendon.

When did I say coaches don't have a clue? I have repeatedly stated that coaches make mistakes as do all professionals.

When did I also say winning a brownlow made you s**t? Again, your own words construing arguments not made by others. He won the brownlow from weight of possession and having a Bradbury year coinciding.

What you fail to distinguish is the FACT that what coaches tell the media is different to what they say in the club and to those involved within the club. Even ex-players. One such conversation I had recently revealed his (Simpsons) opinion of Priddis isn't really that much different from some of us in here. That he gets a tonne of the ball but his disposal lets him down. He can't do that much about it at the moment though. He is a brownlow medalist and the only one that works hard in the club remember. ;)

Last edited:
His kicking has improved has it? You obviously need to go back and watch Kranky's videos. It's actually laughable that you think it has.
I'm not expecting Hurn like kicks travelling 70 meters, enough with the strawman argument.
I AM (and so should every other supporter) expecting proper kicks that are either out in front of the target or hitting the forward on the chest. It isn't too much to ask from an AFL footballer at the top of his so called game. But mostly what we get is the helicopter bomb going up 50 meters and acroos 25 or the mulli grubber shank like he did against Essendon.

When did I say coaches don't have a clue? I have repeatedly stated that coaches make mistakes as do all professionals.

When did I also say winning a brownlow made you s**t? Again, your own words construing arguments not made by others. He won the brownlow from weight of possession and having a Bradbury year coinciding.

What you fail to distinguish is the FACT that what coaches tell the media is different to what they say in the club and to those involved within the club. Even ex-players. One such conversation I had recently revealed his (Simpsons) opinion of Priddis isn't really that much different from some of us in here. That he gets a tonne of the ball but his disposal lets him down. He can't do that much about it at the moment though. He is a brownlow medalist and the only one that works hard in the club remember. ;)

videos can be made to look anyway you like. you havent heard of cherry picking?

well if you are saying priddis has s**t and he has won a brownlow....2+2...you arent very clever, are you?

FACT is that you know jack s**t about what coaches think. or maybe they actually do rate him?

i have said it before and i will say it again. biggest issue is that people dont like someone like priddis being branded our best mid. they want a high skill, high posession, high speed. but thats not his fault the rest are C-grade midfielders and one B grade in shuey. entire frustration directed unfairly to him.

i mean the guy won a brownlow medal for gods sake!! that sort of thing makes people go 'yep, fair enough to you mate, you win'. but no, people will find all sorts of reasons to go back to their own views than admit quiet simply that they are wrong. he won a brownlow medal!!

its quit disgraceful that this sort of thing is going on with our own player. that people would trample all over him like this. i would like to know what people are trying to achieve. maybe people think coaches will come on here, read bigfooty and go "yeh maybe i dont know what i am doing and those braindead people on bigfooty do". this is exact reason why more and more people are switching to freo. u support your own. you can criticise but whats going on with priddis is beyond that now.

well if you are saying priddis has s**t and he has won a brownlow....2+2...you arent very clever, are you?

FACT is that you know jack s**t about what coaches think. or maybe they actually do rate him?

i have said it before and i will say it again. biggest issue is that people dont like someone like priddis being branded our best mid. they want a high skill, high posession, high speed. but thats not his fault the rest are C-grade midfielders and one B grade in shuey. entire frustration directed unfairly to him.

i mean the guy won a brownlow medal for gods sake!! that sort of thing makes people go 'yep, fair enough to you mate, you win'. but no, people will find all sorts of reasons to go back to their own views than admit quiet simply that they are wrong. he won a brownlow medal!!

its quit disgraceful that this sort of thing is going on with our own player. that people would trample all over him like this. i would like to know what people are trying to achieve. maybe people think coaches will come on here, read bigfooty and go "yeh maybe i dont know what i am doing and those braindead people on bigfooty do". this is exact reason why more and more people are switching to freo. u support your own. you can criticise but whats going on with priddis is beyond that now.
I can't be bothered with the bull s**t in most of your post.
But I will comment on the video evidence you say can made to look any way you like.
I'm curious. Have you seen the video of priddis' shank on the wing against essendon when he was 50 meters in the clear?
How was that supposed to look?

I hate to be 'that guy' and just quote a snippet of your post...

But he won the Brownlow in the manner of Steven Bradbury. Meaning, he was in no way shape or form the best player, yet he was the only horse which stayed in the race. All the other contenders were either suspended, injured or rested throughout the year. Matt played literally every single minute of every single game, thanks to Shuey was not tagged, and also managed to bag himself a fair few questionable votes (both GCS games from memory)

Props to him for winning the brownlow, but you can't say him winning it just discounts everything which is wrong with his game, and wrong with constantly playing him. if anything, it's going to make this thread even more intense as the problem will still be there going into 2015

I hate to be 'that guy' and just quote a snippet of your post...

But he won the Brownlow in the manner of Steven Bradbury. Meaning, he was in no way shape or form the best player, yet he was the only horse which stayed in the race. All the other contenders were either suspended, injured or rested throughout the year. Matt played literally every single minute of every single game, thanks to Shuey was not tagged, and also managed to bag himself a fair few questionable votes (both GCS games from memory)

Props to him for winning the brownlow, but you can't say him winning it just discounts everything which is wrong with his game, and wrong with constantly playing him. if anything, it's going to make this thread even more intense as the problem will still be there going into 2015

actually its nothing like steven bradbury. if priddis had 3 BL votes and everyone else got suspended or miraculously all got injured, then yes. he had 26 brown low votes. 26!!!! if it was so damn easy, then why haven't others gotten so many. tagged or not you still have to go and get it. we have plenty that don't get tagged and plenty who can't find it.

so steve bradbury comparison is completely wrong. he didn't get 26 because someone fell over. people need to have some dignity and just admit they have been proven wrong. suck it up and stop being arrogant.

Keep it civil please
I can't be bothered with the bull s**t in most of your post.
But I will comment on the video evidence you say can made to look any way you like.
I'm curious. Have you seen the video of priddis' shank on the wing against essendon when he was 50 meters in the clear?
How was that supposed to look?

this is how ridiculous it is getting now. we want to focus on one kick in one game? really? is it that much ingrained now? why don't u focus on actually what he does. everyone knows he isn't the best kick, but you have to look at complete package and its clear it has plenty to offer. not really sure how much more evidence you want that BROWNLOW MEDAL. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:

thats right, coaches are wrong. multiple coaches, assistant coaches are all wrong and you are right. he has most brown low votes for us. he gets most votes as midfielder in worsfold medal. he gets more votes than any our midfielder in coaches votes. sure he didn't get most, but he got 6th IN AFL...FROM COACHES.

so EVERYONE is wrong and he is STILL s**t. mate, with attitude like that, you won't go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back