Mega Thread General Pre-Season Discussion, News and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, the good thing about avoiding all physical contact in the GF is that all the boys are out there today. We back this up next year and the year after, should set us up well for 2017.

edit: Jetta still putting in half-arsed efforts at the back of the running packs. Good to see!

This is not great news re Jetta. I hope he starts in the twos if he has a poor pre season. I would have thought out of all of the blokes he would be one of the ones trying to make a mends for GF. Maybe a bit of extra work pre pre season?

This is not great news re Jetta. I hope he starts in the twos if he has a poor pre season. I would have thought out of all of the blokes he would be one of the ones trying to make a mends for GF. Maybe a bit of extra work pre pre season?
Why should he give a stuff? They were pathetic and his captain admitted they didn't even watch the replay, so it is unfair to expect Jetta to put in any effort.

So glad Perris is up and about and obviously able to run as well as pre injury.

Seems almost the forgotten player in all the avalanche of new blood kicking around the joint.

To be fair, our midfield are absolutely fine except when they are up against a talented group and/or are put under pressure in a final (see Fremantle 2013 and Grand Final 2014)

We had Freo covered this year, we have a problem with Hawthorn.
Lewis and Mitchell need taggers. I would love horse to say to the two captains, "Redemption is possible." Become a Captain Kirk. Or wear the number 14 in every fibre of your being. Take it personally . And shut their prime mover distribution down. If you can't do it. Prepare to be replaced. No space for losers.

Wilson - can some one tell me about him, I know relatively little about his skills

others have pretty much hit it on the head. good footy player who has (so far) been found to be too small to play on bigs and too slow for smalls and mediums. hasn't become any quicker since entering the system. i suspect he's reached his ceiling. that said, he does have soft hands and a lovely kick and can fill a need in a pinch. would expect him to be far down the depth chart at sydney... either that or you'll turn him into an all-australian within two years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans Academy Pre Selection. Will be a Cat B along with Perris and Naismith

Leaves us with 3 Cat A selections going by list sizes from past years, but can go to 6 Cat A's if we wish
Is the draft today or tomorrow? Edit - just saw it's tomorrow.

Last edited:
Its not a excuse but.. through the guts we were on average 2yrs younger than Hawthorn.

You're right, it's not an excuse.

TBH I was concerned the number of young players we had going in, and felt Bird should have started on the ground rather than the bench.
I was more concerned at the absolute lack of changes by Horse and the coaches as it rolled on.
I've never felt a game was gone before half time until that day.

So great against the bottom 8, stuffed for September eh?

With great sorrow, and some clarification it is more just against Hawthorn we are stuffed and the rest of the top 8 not so much, yes. That is the problem.

Fortunately I think it is more about tactics and coaching than cattle.

Clarkson owns Horse and his merry bunch. He just does.

Unless the box fixes some fundamentals then the same story will be sung. There is far too much evidence that whatever it is we are doing is not good enough. Sure we can keep on doing and winning lots of games but I am greedy and want the box of chocolates all for ourselves. Stuff sharing these titles. Just win them all.

Last edited:
With great sorrow, and some clarification it is more just against Hawthorn we are stuffed and the rest of the top 8 not so much, yes. That is the problem.

Unless the box fixes some fundamentals then the same story will be sung. There is far too much evidence that whatever it is we are doing is not good enough. Sure we can keep on doing and winning lots of games but I am greedy and want the box of chocolates all for ourselves. Stuff sharing these titles. Just them all.
Couldn't have said it any better

Unless the box fixes some fundamentals then the same story will be sung. There is far too much evidence that whatever it is we are doing is not good enough. Sure we can keep on doing and winning lots of games but I am greedy and want the box of chocolates all for ourselves. Stuff sharing these titles. Just them all.

Considering Hawthorn have bested us 8 of the last 11 meetings, and by an average of just over 5 goals a game as much as I'd like to think it's just coaching and not the cattle it simply can't be.

Hawthorn clearly have the psyche of our players much like the Malthouse led Pie's did for years.

Hell, even I was hoping someone, anyone would've knocked Hawthorn out so we didn't have to play them in the GF!
They're even in my head now :(

yeah, the good thing about avoiding all physical contact in the GF is that all the boys are out there today. We back this up next year and the year after, should set us up well for 2017.

edit: Jetta still putting in half-arsed efforts at the back of the running packs. Good to see!
Unnaceptable imo, no excuses wit his frame not to be doing much better.

Considering Hawthorn have bested us 8 of the last 11 meetings, and by an average of just over 5 goals a game as much as I'd like to think it's just coaching and not the cattle it simply can't be.

Hawthorn clearly have the psyche of our players much like the Malthouse led Pie's did for years.

Hell, even I was hoping someone, anyone would've knocked Hawthorn out so we didn't have to play them in the GF!
They're even in my head now :(

Its the difference between a great and a good team we are the latter.

Lets be honest they were on their way to another 20+ win season had they not gotten so many injuries the way they started the first 2 months they were on another level compared to everyone else they got their players back at the right time and the rest is history.

As for 2015 who knows? everyone starts even again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back