Worst 250 game player

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry O'brien and Nick Maxwell are all Australians...

FOUR TIME All Australian. Not sure if you missed that part, so thought I'd bold it for you.

If you name Burke the worst out of that list your understanding of football is non-existent. One of the worst calls in this thread. Might as well just add Matty Knights and be done with it.

FOUR TIME All Australian. Not sure if yo missed that part, so thought I'd bold it for you.

If you name Burke the worst out of that list your understanding of football is non-existent. One of the worst calls in this thread.

Fair enough...my opinion is he is an overrated s**t truck. He is up there with green, Osborne, darryl and jeff white, Rohan smith as the worst players on that list

Surely no-one who reached 250 games as a player deserves to have "worst" attached to them in anyway. You could consider someone who got a lot of games at a club doing poorly (eg. someone like Yze or Green) - but that ignores that they both still had largely very productive careers, and I assume (without looking into it) Yze got to play in a GF (not sure about Green - was a first year player), something many players never get to experience.
---

On an unrelated note (except that I was looking at the list of 250 game players) - I can say GAJ has finally "made it"... I saw "Gary Ablett" on the list (248) and immediately thought of Junior (incorrectly), instead of Senior - I think that's the first time I have done that.
Um... what?

Flabbergasted that anyone could mention Yze. Absolute gun in his prime. Played in 12 finals, so the lack of success argument is irrelevant. Equal 3rd in 2002 Brownlow. One of the freakiest players I have ever had the pleasure of watching.

s**t thread. Normally I wouldn't bother to contribute, but I'm just amazed nobody has mentioned Shaun Hart from Brisbane. Yeah, he was a tough little tagger and he somehow won a Norm Smith playing alongside Voss, Black, Akermanis and Lappin. Possibly the least skilled footballer ever to win that award. But are people forgetting he was just an ordinary footballer? He worked bloody hard to make it in the AFL and playing 250+ games was a hell of an achievement. He wrung every ounce out of his ability. People should be full of admiration for guys like that instead of s**t-canning them.

Come on Lions fans… Back me up on this…

I would also add Stephen Febey, Matthew Lappin and Shane Wakelin.

They were pretty good footballers who had their moments, but they weren't great by any stretch.

I think any triple premiership player is automatically immune.

I'd have Marcus Ashcroft in before Shaun Hart, anyway. How he racked up 300 games is staggering. Granted half of them were for a disgraceful Bears side, but the point stands.

Fair enough...my opinion is he is an overrated s**t truck. He is up there with green, Osborne, darryl and jeff white, Rohan smith as the worst players on that list

Congratulations on proving once and for all you know two fifths of * all about football.

I'm not referring to Smith, either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have the single greatest cabinet of any modern day great.

Think Coleman is the only individual medal he didn't win.
Simon Black and Jimmy Bartel have better cabinets.

W

Many times I hear experienced bloggers/posters say "this blogger/poster will go on to post and blog for years"
My question is many bloggers and posters have passed the 7500 posts mark - but who has created the worst?
Me.

Kane Cornes?

I respect the bloke, but geez, he's the least penetrating player I've seen play AFL football.

Good tagger though.
You're funny.

Entitled to your opinion of course, but wow.

Edit: just for clarification. 3 times AA, 4 times B&F, TEN times top 3 B&F since 2001.

Last edited:
Um... what?

Flabbergasted that anyone could mention Yze. Absolute gun in his prime. Played in 12 finals, so the lack of success argument is irrelevant. Equal 3rd in 2002 Brownlow. One of the freakiest players I have ever had the pleasure of watching.

Did you read my post?
My whole point was that we shouldn't really consider anyone in this category as "worst" given they are all quality players... I was just using Yze and Green as examples (and both had previously been listed by other posters)

Many times I hear recruiters say this kid will go on to play for 10 years or will be a 200 game player.

My question is, alot of players have passed the 250 game mark, but who was the worst?
A couple of things, 1st one for the op. Why the need to denigrate players that have achieved so much? Like another poster said once a player passes a certain amount of years/games it should be left as unsaid and are just celebrated for their achievement.
Secondly, for those that are citing that their nominated player is the 'worst to play 250 afl games' ( it's even embarrassing typing that statement). Citing that the said player has no skill or was 'ordinary' don't understand what it takes to play afl. The mental strength to play a strict, specific role is unbelievable and only certain individuals can do it. To do it over 250 games is inceredible. Please remember when these 'unskilled' players played juniors or local footy they were absolute freaks as far as skill goes but they changed their game to suit their strengths at afl level and did it for longer than most.

You're funny.

Entitled to your opinion of course, but wow.

Edit: just for clarification. 3 times AA, 4 times B&F, TEN times top 3 B&F since 2001.

His CV is one of the best in recent memory. I fully concede.

But watching him live and on TV, he may be the least damaging offensive player I've seen play. But obviously his defensive stuff is very good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back