Opinion List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Sharrad? He may want to step away from footy for a little bit because he is in court.

Only a guess.

Sharrad's court case is done, he was given a suspended sentence.

I'd like to have it confirmed whether the Academy age limit begins at 16 and not 18. I heard that some of our juniors U18 were able to stay with us but opted to move elsewhere to continue playing u18s to have a better chance to impressing scouts.

I'd like to have it confirmed whether the Academy age limit begins at 16 and not 18. I heard that some of our juniors U18 were able to stay with us but opted to move elsewhere to continue playing u18s to have a better chance to impressing scouts.
It's 18 to 23. Some of the underage players have probably been given permission to stay with us by the SANFL like Jake Johansen last season.

It's 18 to 23. Some of the underage players have probably been given permission to stay with us by the SANFL like Jake Johansen last season.

I believe Jake has been the only one because he played seniors with us before the new rules. As for others, I haven't heard. I wonder if the age restriction does not apply to father-son then? It was an Academy player that stated there are 16yo out there training, perhaps he's got it wrong.

I believe Jake has been the only one because he played seniors with us before the new rules. As for others, I haven't heard. I wonder if the age restriction does not apply to father-son then? It was an Academy player that stated there are 16yo out there training, perhaps he's got it wrong.
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-09-10/statement-port-adelaide-accepts-sanfl-invitation

He may be apart of a Port Adelaide Academy but not THE Port Adelaide Academy team that competes in the SANFL Reserves comp.

Port Adelaide junior development pathway programs
» A series of junior football programs that may include the following:
» A metropolitan academy
- A country academy
- An Aboriginal player academy
- An international player academy
- A father/son academy

I'm assuming these groups just train at the club (and play with their amateur clubs) until they are 18 and then if they are good enough they play in the Academy team.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-09-10/statement-port-adelaide-accepts-sanfl-invitation

He may be apart of a Port Adelaide Academy but not THE Port Adelaide Academy team that competes in the SANFL Reserves comp.

Port Adelaide junior development pathway programs
» A series of junior football programs that may include the following:
» A metropolitan academy
- A country academy
- An Aboriginal player academy
- An international player academy
- A father/son academy

I'm assuming these groups just train at the club (and play with their amateur clubs) until they are 18 and then if they are good enough they play in the Academy team.

I know about these. They can also be part of an another sanfl club and be in one of these Academy pathways, just like that Indigenous player from Norwood that has come across to us.

Last edited:
2014 PAFC Academy player KYRAN DIXON was recently diagnosed with leukaemia. He is currently in hospital undergoing chemotherapy - but at the young age of just 21 he is in good spirits and is otherwise very healthy and fit.

(Found this on a link on Facebook)
All the best to the kid! In his fight and recovery

COMING, GOING FOR 2015

This may bring a laugh to a few of you, Jarrhan Jacky (Subiaco) is listed as a new player for Glenelg

COMING, GOING FOR 2015

He looked as though he was not good enough for an Ammos Z grade

Plus the news of Mitch Farmer (East Ringwood) in his thread

2014 PAFC Academy player KYRAN DIXON was recently diagnosed with leukaemia. He is currently in hospital undergoing chemotherapy - but at the young age of just 21 he is in good spirits and is otherwise very healthy and fit.

(Found this on a link on Facebook)
All the best to the kid! In his fight and recovery

Terrible! Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Mrs P. and I just commented to each other yesterday that when we were kids leukaemia was a virtual death sentence. Seems to be a lot ore survivable disease now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruggemann departs Port Adelaide

ANGUS Bruggemann has chosen to depart Port Adelaide for 2015, despite initially indicating his intention to remain with the club for next season.

Bruggemann played 20 games with the club this year and was already training with the Magpies senior group following the start of pre-season in November.

However he has elected to leave the club and will instead join Sturt next year.

Has this not been confirmed already?

doesnt surprise me that angus has left, recruiting all those talls and with redden coming back, he would hardly have got a game at port. more money, more game time, seems fair enough.

2013 off-season Wanganeen recruits Bruggemann.
2014 off-season Wanganeen recruits Paddy Ryder.

Give him a raise.
He used to get a raise out of me every time he played for us but none more so than the last quarter of the 2004 Prelim

doesnt surprise me that angus has left, recruiting all those talls and with redden coming back, he would hardly have got a game at port. more money, more game time, seems fair enough.

Due to the rules. All designed to pick off our best from the non-AFL lists. If the rules allowed us to choose a best 22 for the Magpies then such players could be hopeful of playing league whilst a small few AFL listed players that are very raw could be nurtured through the Academy side.

Disagree. The circumstance in which he began playing SANFL mean that if it wasn't for Port, he may still be a bush-leaguer. Disappointed in his lack of commitment.

Disagree. The circumstance in which he began playing SANFL mean that if it wasn't for Port, he may still be a bush-leaguer. Disappointed in his lack of commitment.

Commitment , To be able to get limited game time & to receive $100 per instead of $400 per game. Remember rules state AFL listed players get a game before "Contracted Players"

Commitment , To be able to get limited game time & to receive $100 per instead of $400 per game. Remember rules state AFL listed players get a game before "Contracted Players"
He bailed on the club that gave him a chance, after he indicated that he would stay. Dog act.

He bailed on the club that gave him a chance, after he indicated that he would stay. Dog act.

Sorry, I don't think that's fair ,

you can say that against a lot of clubs as well,
Examples -----: a player in this Rookie Draft was promised to be Rookied then the club went back on their word. A club that takes a player one year only to delist the next are these instances not the same ?????

No love lost in football :confused:

Dog act? Get a grip. He would've been told to hang around to see what happened with the draft before making up his mind, and unfortunately for him 3 of the 4 draftees are taller than him. Rules or not, at least one of them would get first crack in the league team before him. I guarantee the club would have no grudge with him moving on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back