Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Scorchers, Glory, Southampton
Fanplanner is out!

What will your teams look like?

B: Malceski, Birchall, Lumumba, Waters, Whitecross, B.Goodes (Pearce, A.Johnson)
C: Rockliff, Ablett, Pendlebury, S.Johnson, Swan, J.Steven, Van Berlo, Blease (Stretch, Karnezis)
R: Leuenberger, Kreuzer (Leslie, A.Smith)
F: Martin, Dangerfield, Ziebell, S.Reid, Bellchambers, J.Martin (Freeman, L.Sumner)

I'm not overly happy with my forward line but other than that I like the look of this team.

B: Malceski, Birchall, Lumumba, Waters, Whitecross, B.Goodes (Pearce, A.Johnson)
C: Rockliff, Ablett, Pendlebury, S.Johnson, Swan, J.Steven, Van Berlo, Blease (Stretch, Karnezis)
F: Martin, Dangerfield, Ziebell, S.Reid, Bellchambers, J.Martin (Freeman, L.Sumner)

I'm not overly happy with my forward line but other than that I like the look of this team.

I haven't organised a team for myself yet so I can't really comment, but there's a lot of injury prone players there. Malceski, Birchall, Waters, Whitecross for starters, Leuenberger, Kreuzer, Reid, Bellchambers as well. And, is Whitecross going to be back early this year, and will he slot straight into your best 22?

I haven't organised a team for myself yet so I can't really comment, but there's a lot of injury prone players there. Malceski, Birchall, Waters, Whitecross for starters, Leuenberger, Kreuzer, Reid, Bellchambers as well. And, is Whitecross going to be back early this year, and will he slot straight into your best 22?
malceski played every game last year

My team will be full of bargains, players who have completed their 'best ever pre-season', the next big thing and RS winner, as well as all the correct premium, DPP and cash cow options...

And then the season will start..... :oops:

Dangerfield's not a forward so chuck Swanny there, your backline though......I normally get sucked in by cheapies in the ruck too. Tom Hickey was looking good for 3 weeks last season then boom injured.

Deledio averaged 110 the last time he was DPP, don't get why Goddard was made a mid-fwd though, Watson imo spends more time there.
You obviously didn't watch much of Essendon then . Goddard spent a lot of time in the goal square. Especially when he picked up a nigling injury where he would spend weeks in the forward line at a time

Dangerfield's not a forward so chuck Swanny there, your backline though......I normally get sucked in by cheapies in the ruck too. Tom Hickey was looking good for 3 weeks last season then boom injured.

Leuenberger, Stef Martin and Sandilands have been excellent cheap options in the ruck recently. I don't think many people spend big on rucks at all, at least at the start of the season. It's also good to select mid price rucks with the plan to upgrade them because the premium ruck options are often pretty inconsistent. Goldstein and Jacobs have had some down years, Sandilands is injury prone and it's hard to know what Stef will produce. Just wait until round 6-10 then see who's flying and upgrade to them.

In 2015 Kreuzer and Leuey are the no-brainer ruck combination. If one of them gets injured I'll just trade to someone like Nicholls, Bellchambers or Lycett.I'll probably have dirt cheap bench rucks as well.

Ball Hog's back line has a great price structure but probably has some dodgy selections. The back line will be mid price city in 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2015 Kreuzer and Leuey are the no-brainer ruck combination. If one of them gets injured I'll just trade to someone like Nicholls, Bellchambers or Lycett.I'll probably have dirt cheap bench rucks as well.

Ball Hog's back line has a great price structure but probably has some dodgy selections. The back line will be mid price city in 2015.
Beau Waters and Harry O will never have a place in my backline, Birchall only has a place in my SC team.

I think you can pick one of Kreuzer/Leuenberger but having both is really Yolo and will probably cost trades later down the track due to their injury record. I had Sandi and Hickey last year, Hickey went down quickly after showing something.

Beau Waters and Harry O will never have a place in my backline, Birchall only has a place in my SC team.

I think you can pick one of Kreuzer/Leuenberger but having both is really Yolo and will probably cost trades later down the track due to their injury record. I had Sandi and Hickey last year, Hickey went down quickly after showing something.
Nah Leuenberger has at least a 70% chance of playing 20+ games. When he hasn't got a season-ending injury in the first month of the season he has rarely missed any other games for the year. I can't recall him ever being a late withdrawal from games either. I think a similar story applies for Kreuzer.
If they get injured in the first few weeks I'll just trade to a Nicholls, Bellchambers or Lycett type. After 6 weeks if they get injured, I'll just trade to a premium. All I really need them to do is survive the first five weeks anyway, before their price has gone up significantly. Risk<<<reward. Likeliness of risk occurring<<Likeliness of reward occurring. Also, having one 'risky' ruck doesn't influence whether I have another 'risky' ruck.

Hoping to finally crack the top 1000 overall after a very narrow miss last year.

First quick draft:
DEF: B. Smith, M. Hibberd, B. Waters, G. Birchall, B. Whitecross, B. Goodes (H. Wigg, M. Scharenberg)
MID: T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, M. Barlow, T. Greene, T. Mitchell, M. Grigg, D. Rich, P. Karnezis (B. Stretch, R. Atkins)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, M. Kreuzer (N. Vardy, J. Griffin)
FWD: D. Martin, D. Smith, D. Swan, T. Lynch, A. Cooney, A. Saad (C. Petracca, L. McGuane)
CASH LEFT: $4,100

Thoughts?

Hoping to finally crack the top 1000 overall after a very narrow miss last year.

First quick draft:
DEF: B. Smith, M. Hibberd, B. Waters, G. Birchall, B. Whitecross, B. Goodes (H. Wigg, M. Scharenberg)
MID: T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, M. Barlow, T. Greene, T. Mitchell, M. Grigg, D. Rich, P. Karnezis (B. Stretch, R. Atkins)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, M. Kreuzer (N. Vardy, J. Griffin)
FWD: D. Martin, D. Smith, D. Swan, T. Lynch, A. Cooney, A. Saad (C. Petracca, L. McGuane)
CASH LEFT: $4,100

Thoughts?

That's pretty bloody good considering you have Rocky and GAJ in there. Confident Ahmed Saad, Karnezis and Goodes will get games?

That's pretty bloody good considering you have Rocky and GAJ in there. Confident Ahmed Saad, Karnezis and Goodes will get games?
No but its a draft. I AM confident in finding three players for their value however... it's just a matter of who.

I've had another quick tweak... Some notable differences

DEF: M. Hibberd, B. Smith, G. Birchall, B. Waters, B. Whitecross, K. Jaksch (M. Talia, M. Scharenberg)
MID: T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, M. Barlow, T. Greene, B. Deledio, J. Steven, D. Rich, B. Stretch (R. Atkins, P. Karnezis)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, M. Kreuzer (J. Griffin, F. Thurlow)
FWD: D. Martin, D. Smith, D. Swan, T. Lynch, S. Kerridge, C. Salem (J. Hogan, L. McGuane)
CASH LEFT: $11,000

Good to see Virtual Sports ditch the 4th ruck spot and replace it with an 11th midfielder spot.

AFL Fantasy worth it in 2015? Stopped playing halfway through last year because it was too easier. Is it going to be more of the same? Or are they promising to improve it dramatically?

I've had another quick tweak... Some notable differences

DEF: M. Hibberd, B. Smith, G. Birchall, B. Waters, B. Whitecross, K. Jaksch (M. Talia, M. Scharenberg)
MID: T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, M. Barlow, T. Greene, B. Deledio, J. Steven, D. Rich, B. Stretch (R. Atkins, P. Karnezis)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, M. Kreuzer (J. Griffin, F. Thurlow)
FWD: D. Martin, D. Smith, D. Swan, T. Lynch, S. Kerridge, C. Salem (J. Hogan, L. McGuane)
CASH LEFT: $11,000
Think Jaksch is injured at the moment, may not be playing early season.

Good to see Virtual Sports ditch the 4th ruck spot and replace it with an 11th midfielder spot.

AFL Fantasy worth it in 2015? Stopped playing halfway through last year because it was too easier. Is it going to be more of the same? Or are they promising to improve it dramatically?

I feel your pain. Making dreamteam more applicable to casual gamers has frustrated the life out of me. I understand why they went this way, but they have killed the competitive nature of the game itself. Hopefully putting higher prices on premium first year players will help. Until they sort it out or someone else creates a better service I'll be sticking to draft based games with mates.

If AFL fantasy is 'so easy' then why dont you play it and win 'easy cash/prizes'

I like the idea of Virtual sports/RDT getting rid of the 4th ruck and including the 11th mid.

I only played AFL fantasy last year and i think that will be the case this year, its just too hard to play both games as strategies are quite different and its hard with limited time.

I like how AFL fantasy have increased the rookies prices again. Although they have given too many players discounts to players IMO although that also seems reduced compared to last years aswell. It seems if you have played 10 games or less you got a discount this year, whereas i think it use to be 8.

My first thoughts from DT live is that the backline looks harder than it ever has and IMO its always been one of the toughest areas to pick. The rucks pick themselves until injury occurs, the forward line seems easier than ever. The game will be won with the right midfielders IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back