Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the most terrifying Key Forward trio :p:p.

Oh well, fingers crossed.

All of them are very good marks. None of them are exceptionally reliable shots at goal though! Will be interesting to see how this setup performs next year. With Menzel, Walker, and Thomas running around at their feet it should be at least a difficult forward line to match up on.

Byrne’s journey into the Blue beyond

In reflecting on his all-too-brief tenure at Carlton, Byrne acknowledges the game’s physical demands as the greatest of demands. As he said: “Tackling is probably the hardest area of the game I’ve had to adapt to” and he’s put on weight to help his cause.

And yet, the most fundamental of skills – kicking - has never posed a problem for Byrne – the legacy of a precious piece of pigskin that might one day find its way into this club’s museum. “I’ve found the oval ball easy enough to adapt to because I’ve slept with a footy since I was 16 . . . and that was because I knew Carlton was interested,” Byrne said. “When I found that out I got my cousins from Australia to send over a footy.
It probably wasn’t the correct size, but I still slept with it and I did everything I could to improve my kicking with it.”

Go Casey :thumbsu:

10419604_10152881640743334_6968609921603946491_n.jpg

Of those of you who have ventured to watch the boys train, can someone give me a sensible summary of how Matt Dick has been going? Does he look any good?

Yeah hard to say but the Henderson Jones Watson trio are all reliable kicks. They may miss occasionally but not regularly.
I'm sorry but you are incorrect on Jones
Seen him play all his career in the vfl and AFL
he's a low % goal kicker and horrible kick up the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry but you are incorrect on Jones
Seen him play all his career in the vfl and AFL
he's a low % goal kicker and horrible kick up the ground.
Kicked 12.4 in 10 AFL games
Kicked 27.11 in 10 VFL games

Sounds like a pretty decent goal kicker to me.

Kicked 12.4 in 10 AFL games
Kicked 27.11 in 10 VFL games

Sounds like a pretty decent goal kicker to me.
Thats set shots on goals
I'm talking his kicking in general
under kicks/over kicks and lazy kicks it
I'm happy hes getting a solid chance somewhere else, got us Caleb Daniel after all

Thats set shots on goals
I'm happy hes getting a solid chance somewhere else, got us Caleb Daniel after all
Sorry, when you said "low % goal kicker" i thought you were referring to his goal kicking.

Thats set shots on goals
So Jones is a good set shot for goal but is a rubbish field kick?

Mick might have to rethink playing him off half-back and instead reinvent him as a permanent forward.

So Jones is a good set shot for goal but is a rubbish field kick?

Mick might have to rethink playing him off half-back and instead reinvent him as a permanent forward.

But he's a 'horrible lazy kick' SOAP. :D

On second thoughts, he might kick some 'lazy' goals up forward!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back