Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just looking forward to getting out on the track and proving myself to the boys one session at a time, yeah nah, I'm fitter than I've ever been and my skin folds are in the negative, plus our time trial results prove that ummm yeah everyone is really flying, so I'm just looking forward to training the house down and if I can keep my head down and work hard hopefully the result will take care of itself and I'll end up picking myself for the first NAB Cup match.

GWS & WBD both played state comp finals so that may put back any pre-season start dates back a little for the players we've traded in.

Wonder if our younger players will be back in the last week of Oct or 1st week of Nov?

Raft of improvements wanted: Cripps, Holman, Giles, Byrne, Sheehan Jaksch, Jones, Yarran, Thomas, Buckley, Menzel, Kreuzer, Watson, Docherty, Rowe, Bell, Wood, Casboult could be the real benefactors of a solid preparation & honed skill work for season 2015.

I'm just looking forward to getting out on the track and proving myself to the boys one session at a time, yeah nah, I'm fitter than I've ever been and my skin folds are in the negative, plus our time trial results prove that ummm yeah everyone is really flying, so I'm just looking forward to training the house down and if I can keep my head down and work hard hopefully the result will take care of itself and I'll end up picking myself for the first NAB Cup match.
Kid can play as well as he talks we have a 10 year keeper right here.

Wonder if our younger players will be back in the last week of Oct or 1st week of Nov?

Raft of improvements wanted: Cripps, Holman, Giles, Byrne, Sheehan Jaksch, Jones, Yarran, Thomas, Buckley, Menzel, Kreuzer, Watson, Docherty, Rowe, Bell, Wood, Casboult could be the real benefactors of a solid preparation & honed skill work for season 2015.

From the current players I'm particularly keen to see Cripps, Byrne and Johnson and hopefully Giles.
I see them as the ones that may make the biggest leap from last year.
Cripps by way of fitness, Byrne by way of his ball handling and Johnson for size and speed...........Giles? Just to be out there would be great.

Needless to say Jaksch, Whiley and Jones along with the draftees will occupy the majority of interest.

Do we know if there is anything special planned for this preseason?

or just the old fashioned bike ride to sorrento?

Good question. Haven't heard anything on exotic locations and doubt that will come this year at least.

No dates yet for a start but isn't it something like 8 weeks after seasons end?
Reckon we'll see the boys back on the track in a couple of weeks time.

Do we know if there is anything special planned for this preseason?

or just the old fashioned bike ride to sorrento?

Was it Hamster's seat that broke off 15km from the end a couple years back?

Jamo didn't sit down either until they both finished iirc...

Knew then and there that #17 was close...:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giles is out of the moon boot. Hopeful he has a trouble free pre season and can start on time

Using a similar timeline to Kreuzer, he should be running in about 4-5 weeks time.

Imagine it's going to take a few weeks after that to get up to speed but at least he should get himself a good lead into the heavy stuff come February.

Using a similar timeline to Kreuzer, he should be running in about 4-5 weeks time.

Imagine it's going to take a few weeks after that to get up to speed but at least he should get himself a good lead into the heavy stuff come February.
Wasn't Giles' injury different to Matty's? Giles did his navicular - that's usually close to ~10 months recovery time.

Wasn't Giles' injury different to Matty's? Giles did his navicular - that's usually close to ~10 months recovery time.

You may be right as I can't recall what Kreuzer did but it effectively kept him out of the game for 4 months.

I don't even know where Giles sustained his injury? Game, training or elsewhere?

You may be right as I can't recall what Kreuzer did but it effectively kept him out of the game for 4 months.

I don't even know where Giles sustained his injury? Game, training or elsewhere?
I have no idea either. I remember he missed a few VFL games and then later on the club revealed he'd done his navicular.

Matty's wasn't the navicular though.

Higgins and Fasolo both did theirs last year and they missed close to 12 months of footy.

Higgins and Fasolo both did theirs last year and they missed close to 12 months of footy.

His last game was some time in May, so he should be getting some pre-season behind him.

All depends on the injury and more importantly his recovery. Being out of the boot he can obviously walk but can he run yet? Don't know.

I don't quite see Henderson in Giles but I do see Mackie.

Forgotten man as Thy said, but I really liked the way he moved and read the ball for a 195cm tall.
You're probably right. At junior level Giles played the Hendo role but at senior level he's probably not suited to it. Either way, I'm driving the bandwagon :p

You're probably right. At junior level Giles played the Hendo role but at senior level he's probably not suited to it. Either way, I'm driving the bandwagon :p

He may well become a brute but I just don't see it in Giles even given he did play as a boy amongst men in his first few games.
Once the ball did hit the ground though, he was off.

Could be developed into the rebounding tall defender..
He is one of those guys that seems to play shorter than his given height and has pretty good speed, vision and executes well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back