Injury Ben Reid Injured - announced 16th December, 4 - 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

dosent look good for the new season didn't he go to Germany or somewhere to see a expert after last season??

All the best Reidy.[/QUOTE]
A question to those who know more about fitness than me. If Reid's injury is 'only' 4-6 weeks (knowing our luck it could be 4-6 months), then will he have lost any gains made during preseason so far. What I'm essentially asking is would a 4-6 week injury in mid December put Reid back to square one fitness wise, or could he retain his level of fitness to a relatively good degree.

There is no square one for a footballer. They are already at a high standard, but obviously it makes it harder and harder the more you miss. 4-6weeks shouldn't be too detrimental but given his recent history its optimistic to assume he won't get another small injury setback soon after he recovers.

T
The dickhead that didn't switch Tarrant on to Hawkins cost us that game. We had a fit second tall, they had pods out for the game. It was a mistake by the coaches not to change the match ups. Reid could have been on the bench.

Reid and Brown will never be traded from Collingwood, the suggestions on here every year are incredibly stupid and always end up being wrong.
To say Reid and Brown will NEVER be traded is a crock. Cameron is the guy we should gone for. Tarrant was traded out. Brown would want to have a good year to keep to on the list. Reid is almost no trade value to anyone now. Names like scott gumbleton come to mind now. Talent is there but the body isn't.

T

To say Reid and Brown will NEVER be traded is a crock. Cameron is the guy we should gone for. Tarrant was traded out. Brown would want to have a good year to keep to on the list. Reid is almost no trade value to anyone now. Names like scott gumbleton come to mind now. Talent is there but the body isn't.
Ok keep suggesting it like the last 5 years. Idc either way. What makes you so sure GWS would have traded Cameron he's a top 3 talent in the AFL..

He's had soft tissues injuries for more than 1 year. 1 year!!!! Its time he went. If freeman was still having Hamstring troubles Id be saying the same thing. Ried is finshed now. His legs are cooked.

You want to delist him now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has no trade value. He could go to Carlton and replace the injured Waite. At least they were smart enough to get rid of him.

Waite is 32. Despite this a top 4 side just drafted him.

Well Bucks said we would up the loads again and some would break.

Great approach, better deliver a flag soon or piss him off.

9krSCog.gif

No he's flying.

Just thought I would ask the question few people on this board got angry when that suggestion came up with the rumours from last week.

We get angry when players don't show loyalty to the club yet people are advocating that the club doesn't show any loyalty to the players. Even if he does continue to have injury problems I will be more than happy for the club to stick by him.
I have no problems with de-listing players based on performance, but I would hate to support a club whose motto is "if you get injured whilst in our employment we will turn our back on you and piss you off for whatever we can get for you"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back