Injury Ben Reid Injured - announced 16th December, 4 - 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

"His work up forward in 2013 was incredible. Kicked plenty of goals for a defender. Will back him to be fit for round one, he'll have about two months of work to catch up with the rest of the guys - barring any other setbacks" bato

At least the Brisbane board know how to support an injured player.

Sarcasm - I think if any player has more than 2 consecutive weeks out we should immediately delist them. They are not Side by Side. They cost too much money contractually and adding in rehab costs we're just wasting money. The fitness and medical staff also need to be sacked. We should re-hire the 1990 premiership coaches and backroom staff and all the players and if they are not available we need to look into the sides of the 1920's or 1950's - those guys were hard to beat and also never sustained injuries. If not that we should all change to brown and gold stripes as Black and White is a waste time, effort, money and passion. /sarcasm

Some pretty average posts here. What a worthless thread. I'd rather read the HS than this. At least I know they don't like us.

"His work up forward in 2013 was incredible. Kicked plenty of goals for a defender. Will back him to be fit for round one, he'll have about two months of work to catch up with the rest of the guys - barring any other setbacks" bato

The Brisbane board are a bunch of tossers we aren't as bad as them.
Just have a couple of serial whiners, if they were animals you would take them to the vet and they would get put out of their misery.
Reid will be fine for christs sake.

The Brisbane board are a bunch of tossers we aren't as bad as them.
Just have a couple of serial whiners, if they were animals you would take them to the vet and they would get put out of their misery.
Reid will be fine for christs sake.

You are being kind calling them whiners.

While we're all frustrated and have differing opinions on his prognosis / tradeability, let's all spare a thought on how he must be feeling. Hopefully he is getting all support that he needs. With repeat injuries like this, it's no wonder guys like Mitch Clark battle mental demons so first and foremost, hopefully he's holding up ok with the club looking at all options on the physical side of things.

As with Lee walker, I recall reading that he had a family history of members who had done their knees (possibly something in their genetic make-up) and with Ben and Sam, they both appear prone to succumbing to soft-tissue injuries.

Hope he can get on the park and play out the season... personally I dont think he will return 100 percent match fit.
To be honest I'm more interested in watching our latest draft picks get on the park.
Also, would like to see freeman gets though the pre season with his hammies in tact. Haven't seen him play yet!

No surprise, he's held together with sticky tape. We should have traded him the trade period just gone when he still had value, I mentioned that on here a few months back and got shot down in flames...
Nah that's not side by side, apparently suggestions such as these mean you aren't a true supporter........:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Avoided a very relevant question, rightio
Fine I'll answer the friggin question, no.
At the same age Elliott has had more injuries to the best of our knowledge and missed out on being drafted due to injury. At age 22, elliott looks like the more injury prone player than Reid did at age 22. So why don't you want to trade the injury prone Elliott ?

Fine I'll answer the friggin question, no.
At the same age Elliott has had more injuries to the best of our knowledge and missed out on being drafted due to injury. At age 22, elliott looks like the more injury prone player than Reid did at age 22. So why don't you want to trade the injury prone Elliott ?
No, J.Elliott has not missed a full season of senior AFL football due to soft-tissue injuries. Thank-you.

Therefore your point is completely irrelevant

No, J.Elliott has not missed a full season of senior AFL football due to soft-tissue injuries. Thank-you.

Therefore your point is completely irrelevant
Ben Reid has played 46 games in last 3 years
jamie Elliott has played 52.
Reid played majority of 2010 and 2011. Elliott was injured in 2010 before missing out on getting drafted.
Why won't you trade Elliott ?

It must be very frustrating for him, being a Brisbane supporter and all.

Wonder how they respond when you compare apples with apples

Reids past 3 seasons:
4 game
22 games
20 games

I'm sorry but please tell me what exactly has he done to get delisted or traded ? one injury ruined season and a 4-6 week injury sustained in pre season 4 months before the season starts and we want to delist the guy..right.

Next time someone says Collingwood supporters are clueless fks I'll hold no objections.

Edit: just saw mattys123 extended version of Reids games per season.

Last edited:
Reids past 3 seasons:
4 game
22 games
20 games

I'm sorry but please tell me what exactly has he done to get delisted or traded ? one injury ruined season and a 4-6 week injury sustained in pre season 4 months before the season starts and we want to delist the guy..right.

Next time someone says Collingwood supporters are clueless fks I'll hold no objections.

Edit: just saw mattys123 extended version of Reids games per season.
Geez,you've changed your tune in last few hrs.At least your not talkin up tg anymore;)

It must be very frustrating for him, being a Brisbane supporter and all.

Wonder how they respond when you compare apples with apples
The only thing I'm frustrated about is that the wait to round one is taking too damn long. ;)

Geez,you've changed your tune in last few hrs.At least your not talkin up tg anymore;)
I never said I agree with what he posts ;)
I just like the way TG posts tbh, he won't throw insults at people. just disagrees with what they say, which is fair even tho he is wrong a lot of the time imo, then cops personal insults...

It would be nice if he could at least try to come up with a few positive things to say once in a while

I'm annoyed atm because im suprised how many people don't want Reid at the club for a stupid assumption that he will always be injured.

I never said I agree with what he posts ;)
I just like the way TG posts tbh, he won't throw insults at people. just disagrees with what they say, which is fair even tho he is wrong a lot of the time imo, then cops personal insults...

It would be nice if he could at least try to come up with a few positive things to say once in a while

I'm annoyed atm because im suprised how many people don't want Reid at the club for a stupid assumption that he will always be injured.
Im with you on the reid front.Did my head in readin some of those posts earlier.If i wanted to read negative crap about pies id go to another clubs forum.Plus over all these arrogent smartarses on here that think they know better then the experts at our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back