Injury Ben Reid Injured - announced 16th December, 4 - 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Cut him loose.
Walker mk2.

We lose as he did have currency a couple of years ago and theSwans wanted him.
Poor list management.

Genius you are to predict he would have an injury riddled 2014 and injured in the pre season. You should manage our list during trade time Nostradamus

We get angry when players don't show loyalty to the club yet people are advocating that the club doesn't show any loyalty to the players. Even if he does continue to have injury problems I will be more than happy for the club to stick by him.
I have no problems with de-listing players based on performance, but I would hate to support a club whose motto is "if you get injured whilst in our employment we will turn our back on you and piss you off for whatever we can get for you"
Limited lists.
Limited windows.
While if a player gets injured once or twice, yes stick with him.
Injured every year. Not getting on the park.
Delist.

Reid injured in 10 GF.
Injured and cost us 11 GF.
Injured for parts of 13
Injured all of 14.
Injured in 15.
He's cooked.

We are all disappointed that he is injured again and it certainly does not bode well for the upcoming season. To suggest that a player of his age is cooked when you have zero understanding of his prognosis is ridiculous. What is worse than that is the great delight you seem to take in posting within multiple threads that we should get rid of him. I just don't get you TG.

Genius you are to predict he would have an injury riddled 2014 and injured in the pre season. You should manage our list during trade time Nostradamus

You would have a better conversation with a Carlton supporter.

I hadn't seen you here much lately... Cue the bad news story and your rolling around like a pig in sh!t.

With next season likely to be a tough one there will be plenty of pigs having great fun rolling in the s**t. It kind of puts me off the forum a bit.

I'm afraid without Reid, out top-4 aspirations are over. Former All Australian, now I'd say his career in one step away from done. He's still young too. Imagine what it'll be like when he's 30! Sad to hear.

We where very long shots for Top 4 anyway

Ok, one more time, let's debunk this "Leigh Walker like" myth that goes around with Ben Reid.

2010 - 21 games
2011 - 24 games
2012 - 20 games
2013 - 22 games
2014 - 4 games (first season with real injury disruption)

And he played almost an entire season in the VFL in 2009 without many injuries either.

Leigh Walker's record;

1995 - 7 games
1996 - 8 games
1997 - 1 game

Oh yeah, I can see a similar pattern there.:p:drunk:

Time to move on from Reid, we are carrying too many injury prone players. Cut your losses pies. Goldsack is his replacement. He is a similar size but bigger, plays very well as key back or forward, tough as nails, tackles like a lion on a rampage, and makes good decisions. I don't see why we go on about Reidy when Goldy can surpass him in both areas (if left in place) and rarely injures himself. Fn champion.
Goldsack probably has a worse track record with injury and illness than Reid.

It certainly tests your patience doesn't it.

Can only imagine what Ben Reid is thinking about this as well as the coach mad fitness staff.
They'd be pulling their hair out as we supporters all are.

I initially thought the guy was cooked tbh. Just too many healed ie scarred areas to ever allow him to get through any more than a couple of games in a row.

However I was very relieved to hear it was his 'good' calf. This was great news insofar as he has a much higher chance of being ok

So whilst I don't blame the naysayers, it's worth keeping the faith a little longer yet, hopefully he'll be fine :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are all disappointed that he is injured again and it certainly does not bode well for the upcoming season. To suggest that a player of his age is cooked when you have zero understanding of his prognosis is ridiculous. What is worse than that is the great delight you seem to take in posting within multiple threads that we should get rid of him. I just don't get you TG.
He's finshed. It's that simple. He's got a chronic calf and soft tissue injuries. With age he's going to get worse not better. His best days are behind him now. It's time to sell.

It certainly tests your patience doesn't it.

Can only imagine what Ben Reid is thinking about this as well as the coach mad fitness staff.
They'd be pulling their hair out as we supporters all are.

I initially thought the guy was cooked tbh. Just too many healed ie scarred areas to ever allow him to get through any more than a couple of games in a row.

However I was very relieved to hear it was his 'good' calf. This was great news insofar as he has a much higher chance of being ok

So whilst I don't blame the naysayers, it's worth keeping the faith a little longer yet, hopefully he'll be fine :)

Though the Good Calf Going is also not great to see. 2 Stuffed Calf is worse then 1

Ok, one more time, let's debunk this "Leigh Walker like" myth that goes around with Ben Reid.

2010 - 21 games
2011 - 24 games
2012 - 20 games
2013 - 22 games
2014 - 4 games (first season with real injury disruption)

And he played almost an entire season in the VFL in 2009 without many injuries either.

Leigh Walker's record;

1995 - 7 games
1996 - 8 games
1997 - 1 game

Oh yeah, I can see a similar pattern there.:p:drunk:
Well, let's just say that Walker was an unfulfilled talent.
Had he been able to string together a season or two you would be crucified for even linking his name to Reid.
Much better skill level.
But Reid certainly has had much more opportunity to shine. And given modern medicine much more game time.
But putting him on the park sometimes before he was fully fit has cost us. And cost the player.
If I were a list manager I would certainly look at a players injury history and look at the likelihood of future injuries based on every year adding 10% to that equation.
I can think of one celebrated case where the player has defied the medical opinions.
StevieJ.
Most just get worse as each year passes.

Cheers.
I know you don't like independant thought. And your post reinforces that you feel threatened by such.
I know I'm doing the right thing by posting independant thought and not just being a sheep.
And Baaaaa to you.

You post to piss people off. Please don't pretend otherwise.

He's finshed. It's that simple. He's got a chronic calf and soft tissue injuries. With age he's going to get worse not better. His best days are behind him now. It's time to sell.

If he plays more than 15 games next year will you quit big footy?

Honestly he's probably got 7 years left in his career and about 2 of those he'll play most games. Other than that his body is showing way too much fragility to basic running patterns, it's going to be a struggle for him.

Honestly he's probably got 7 years left in his career and about 2 of those he'll play most games. Other than that his body is showing way too much fragility to basic running patterns, it's going to be a struggle for him.

You may well be right but we have to at least give him a chance to overcome his injury woes. If some posters had their way we would delist him now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back