2015 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps we are starting to get a clearer picture of how many band-wagoners are part of our support base.

Coming off a 13th place finish & with some realistic assessments coming out of the club of our short term prospects, now is not the time for band-wagoners to jump on board, but don't worry when we eventually look like challenging for a flag, they will all be there.

I went to high school with someone who used to work in our membership department and she jumped ship to work for North (despite being as big a Carlton fan as we are) because they're a more PROFESSIONAL UNIT.

Ughhhh. That's a sad indicator.

That's about as bad as it gets IMO.
Even after getting Greg Swann and him being CEO for years we still can't get our membership department functioning like it should be.

Yes the nembersip department could be a lot better... but we can't blame it all on them.

Seriously if you want to become a member it is not that hard to sign up.

As MSR said.... too many bandwagoners. The reason our numbers are down this year is not because of the membership department. It's because we had a poor year on field last year.

I don't know, I signed up and it had nothing to do with the on field performance of last couple of years.
However, I did recently receive a polite call re the purchase of a raffle ticket.

$100 per ticket. My family lives on that for a week. No way I can justify spending that much on a raffle ticket.

Just poach someone from a successful membership program. My mate worked at Collingwood in the membership department then the Queensland Reds were shown through the club by him, they called him the next day and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

He said there were about 10 basic things that the Reds weren't doing that Collingwood were that he could implement to drastically improve membership.

We need to get someone good and pay them top dollar, good and professional employees pay for themselves.

Last edited:
I don't know, I signed up and it had nothing to do with the on field performance of last couple of years.
However, I did recently receive a polite call re the purchase of a raffle ticket.

$100 per ticket. My family lives on that for a week. No way I can justify spending that much on a raffle ticket.

I had a missed call about this the other day.
Not a chance they're getting extra money out of me with the amount of money I spend at the footy club on a yearly basis.

Agree with all of the above, we seem to have plenty of supporters but not members and unfortunately I feel a lot of our supporters are ladder governed, but then again what does the club do to be more open with the members. The Blues weekend coming up is a great start, people want something for their money or opportunities to feel welcomed into a club. (And free entry is a great start)

Asking members to call around and rally the troops is a bit rude but I suppose they are trying every avenue. Some people just don't have the money and some are upset with the way the club is governed or may not like a person at the club.

Unfortunately the club relies on members for money and success draws in the members, new and old, you will see it even at grass roots level. So as long as we can get the onfield stuff right, this is the best ingredient to attracting members. Gate takings is the best method of keeping clubs afloat, unfortunatly only a minority of clubs keep have this right and the AFL sold out the clubs here.

AFL football keeps most of the stadiums around Australia functioning yet the teams who do the entertaining receive very little from it. Pt Adelaide with the great year they had and sell out crowds nearly every week at home still didn't make a profit, who is benefiting, the cricket ground???

Community makes members. What is Carlton doing for its members? Trigg wants us to feel like we are part of Carlton.
Well he will have to organise something in Canberra to do that and every other place that has supporters.
Saying that Canberra fans needs to get themselves organised so that they can visit. Maybe a tour of the ASADA offices.

Just poach someone from a successful membership program. My mate worked at Collingwood in the membership department then the Queensland Reds were shown through the club by him, they called him the next day and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

He said there were about 10 basic things that the Reds weren't doing that Collingwood were that he could implement to drastically improve membership.

We need to get someone good and pay them top dollar, good and professional employees pay for themselves.

Worth noting that the Reds went from mediocre to the highest membership of any club in the rugby codes.

the phones would be ringing off the hook if you only have a couple people answering them..haha

Personally I have never had a problem with contacting the club.

Before we start bemoaning the number lets look at the return on those memberships. All good and well the pies have 50K or whatever right now. But how many of those are 11 H/A?

However in saying that I think we need to accept the risk of trading a few members down into smaller cheaper memberships to get more supporter penetration to eventually convert them to full memberships. We have the three game ones, but who wants to get a 3 game membership? needs to be something like 6-8 maybe? 11 games is a lot for a 'on the fence' kind of supporter. Also blockbuster memberships would be handy for the people who only care about playing the big clubs etc.

Worth noting that the Reds went from mediocre to the highest membership of any club in the rugby codes.

We should try this. God knows we've recruited someone from Collingwood in just about every other role...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've lived on the Gold Coast my whole life n recently moved overseas. My whole family gets the three game membership even though we rarely get to a game n im a lil bemused as to why we don't make the count as members? We receive a membership pack, with card, scarf etc - can someone please explain what level of membership counts towards the memb numbers? Sorry if this has been stated in earlier posts. We pay our $150 a year each, why not counted??

I've lived on the Gold Coast my whole life n recently moved overseas. My whole family gets the three game membership even though we rarely get to a game n im a lil bemused as to why we don't make the count as members? We receive a membership pack, with card, scarf etc - can someone please explain what level of membership counts towards the memb numbers? Sorry if this has been stated in earlier posts. We pay our $150 a year each, why not counted??
Pretty sure 3 gamers are included

Melbourne Rebels have a new scheme called "Member Get Member". Whilst the title sucks, the premise of it is simple and the prizes are good. Any 2014 member who signs up a new member for this year gets a prize. Simple. The more members you sign up the more prizes you earn, all the way up to an invitation only player function for signing up more than 10. I've already sent in my form (apparently I'm the first one to do so, how embarrassingly eager of me) and I'm just waiting on confirmation from the club as to when I'll get my riches.

Great idea. What's the prize? Ticket to a BBQ?

Spread the word amongst your family & friends, encourage them to sign up as new Weary Dunlop, Platinum, Silver Stars, Rebels Army or Blue Members and we'll reward your support

Prizes range from personally signed player cards, member's only polo shirts, or a private behind-the-scenes tour of the Rebels home ground at AAMI Park.

And for the ultimate 'Rebel recruiters', you will get the ultimate access to our closed-to-the-public Captains Run at AAMI Park, or better still an invitation to be part of a VIP invite-only inner sanctum experience, prior to a Rebels home match at AAMI Park, a pre-match briefing by a Rebels assistant coach, and the chance to watch the players warm up whilst standing on the side of the pitch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back