Australian Open - Day 12

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened? Did Stan just throw in the towel? Pretty devo'd he gave up so easily. So many unforced errors.

Well done Novak. Pulled it out in the last set, more solid, more aggressive on serve and in rallies, moved better.

Novak Andy matches are usually grinding affairs, like watching the real life version of pong. On current form, I predict Andy to win in 4 sets, playing more consistent tennis compared to Novak.

What happened? Did Stan just throw in the towel? Pretty devo'd he gave up so easily. So many unforced errors.

Novak decided to stop being a 12 year old and actually hit the lines in the 5th.

The women's final doesn't excite me either. Will probs be Serena demolishing Maria yet again.
I'm the complete opposite. One of my favourite matchups in women's tennis. Watching serena crush Maria for the past few years has been an enjoyable experience. Especially as it looks like Maria is going to cry at any moment during their matches. I'm sorry but u can't stand the cheat that is Maria Sharapova. I don't even like serena.

But in saying all this, Novak is my favourite player and I'd like to see serena go ahead of Navratilova on the gs count.

But from early in the tournament I picked Andy and Maria to win the title, so I'll stick with that.

Why does Djokovic always fatigue or whatever he has going on in the middle of every 4-5 set game?

No idea although this is the first time in years after switching diets. Possibly was a little unwell going into the match.

Good match for four sets but the last set was a massive disappointment considering the history between Djokovic and Stan! Stan seemed to almost give up after Novak was 3-0 up in the final set. It was a disappointing finish in the end.

In saying that though Stan has had another terrific campaign down under and his backhand winners have been a joy to watch. I just can't get over how good he is in that part of his game! Fantastic to see he's as strong as ever with his backhand. Hopefully he goes on with it this year and remains consistent throughout the year. I was surprised to hear that him losing tonight means he drops down to rank 9 which baffles me somewhat but I guess someone could explain to me how that works exactly considering he's seeded at number 4 and finished in the final 4 in this tournament again.

I'm not overly inspired by a Murray and Djokovic final again but I'll be more inclined to back Novak as I can't stand Murray! Djokovic will be tired from tonight and with an extra day break my head is saying Murray is slight favourite for Sunday's match.

Serena and Maria should be a feisty contest tomorrow but I do worry about Serena's apparent illness that she's experiencing at the moment. If both players are fully fit Serena will smash her. It might be a repeat of the 2007 Australian Open Women's Final when Serena cleaned her up. Maria beating Genie is enough for me to barrack against her on top of all the other antics she brings with her such as non-stop screaming!

. I was surprised to hear that him losing tonight means he drops down to rank 9 which baffles me somewhat but I guess someone could explain to me how that works exactly considering he's seeded at number 4 and finished in the final 4 in this tournament again!
As the winner last year he earned 2000 points. Losing in the semifinal this year he earns 720.

As the rankings work on a rolling 12 month period, he will lose 1280 as a result of only making the semi. That's the reaso for the drop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm the complete opposite. One of my favourite matchups in women's tennis. Watching serena crush Maria for the past few years has been an enjoyable experience. Especially as it looks like Maria is going to cry at any moment during their matches. I'm sorry but u can't stand the cheat that is Maria Sharapova. I don't even like serena.

But in saying all this, Novak is my favourite player and I'd like to see serena go ahead of Navratilova on the gs count.

But from early in the tournament I picked Andy and Maria to win the title, so I'll stick with that.

It's a full decade now, one of the most one sided matchups in sport. I love the undisguised hatred between them too.

I hope I'm wrong but I see Murray winning in 4 or possibly even straight sets in which he'll whinge throughout.

Murray got lucky with Berdych.
1.gif

Why does Djokovic always fatigue or whatever he has going on in the middle of every 4-5 set game?

There has been a bug going around all the players this past couple of weeks and he has had it. Missed a practice session I think at one point because of it. As LukeParkerno1 said, he hasn't has this problem as a general rule since he changed his diet some years ago so I would assume it's due to the virus.

There has been a bug going around all the players this past couple of weeks and he has had it. Missed a practice session I think at one point because of it. As LukeParkerno1 said, he hasn't has this problem as a general rule since he changed his diet some years ago so I would assume it's due to the virus.

Seemed to move very slow last night one would assume he was under the weather

Remove this Banner Ad

Back