Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listened to Kochie's interview with the radio station club sponsor (via the link that was kindly shared). (Yeah I know that was my first mistake).

Self evident I know but G Cornes is such a campaigner.

Asks Kochie if Port will get anything of the extra generated from 2014 Kochie basically says no that's gone to the sanfl (Cornes mutters under his breath "as it should be")

Says there is too much acrimony and that Port supporters hate the snafl (doesn't acknowledge its a two way street).

Kochie mentions Port have given much more than the $16M over the years and Cornes says yeah you built the sanfl as one of 10 teams basically responsible for one ninth/tenth, one tenth!. I actually snorted in derision loud enough for the family to look around and go what's up?. (Yeah Graham I will give you Norwood and Sturt and sometimes the Bays -when we played them or they played each other if they were going well).

I guess all those South V Central grand finals or North V West mid season blockbusters at Footy Park were massive money spinners?.

Kochie mentions having the same entity as an owner and a landlord....... crickets..

I know I don't have to listen but couldn't help myself and dammit why should I have to deprive myself of listening to my president after one of our most important AGM's in years.

Crawl back under your rock Graham you syphilitic, senile curmudgeon. You (and Christopher Pyne for that matter) for me define the word Backpfeifengesicht. (stole that from another thread hopefully used correctly)

Last edited:
Listened to Kochie's interview with the radio station club sponsor (via the link that was kindly shared). (Yeah I know that was my first mistake).

Self evident I know but G Cornes is such a campaigner.

Asks Kochie if Port will get anything of the extra generated from 2014 Kochie basically says no that's gone to the sanfl (Cornes mutters under his breath "as it should be")

Says there is too much acrimony and that Port supporters hate the snafl (doesn't acknowledge its a two way street).

Kochie mentions Port have given much more than the $16M over the years and Cornes says yeah you built the sanfl as one of 10 teams basically responsible for one ninth/tenth, one tenth!. I actually snorted in derision loud enough for the family to look around and go what's up?. (Yeah Graham I will give you Norwood and Sturt and sometimes the Bays -when we played them or they played each other if they were going well).

I guess all those South V Central grand finals or North V West mid season blockbusters at Footy Park were massive money spinners?.

Kochie mentions that Cornes was briefed pretty well (despite confidentiality agreements) and that flies to the keeper.
Kochie mentions having the same entity as an owner and a landlord....... crickets..

I know I don't have to listen but couldn't help myself and dammit why should I have to deprive myself of listening to my president after one of our most important AGM's in years.

Crawl back under your rock Graham you syphilitic, senile curmudgeon. You (and Christopher Pyne for that matter) for me define the word Backpfeifengesicht. (stole that from another thread hopefully used correctly)

Agreed.

But I thought the briefing though confidential bit was aimed at Rucci.

So will WA bring back Mal Brown to coach and he will have his bring back the biff 1980's style of play?? And will he get all those big boofy type blokes from WA that were around in the 80's and 90's in politics, policing and business and dominated the WA Inc days?? Maybe get the Micklebergs to run out the messages.

Now that would get some PR for the state game.

So will WA bring back Mal Brown to coach and he will have his bring back the biff 1980's style of play?? And will he get all those big boofy type blokes from WA that were around in the 80's and 90's in politics, policing and business and dominated the WA Inc days?? Maybe get the Micklebergs to run out the messages.

Now that would get some PR for the state game.

Ha ha - that would be entertaining. I think most of the WA Inc players are either dead, in prison/still on the run, or like Bondy - can't remember much.

Anyone else read the article by withered Bones today. Not one Crow player rated less than 5, including those who have just been recruited and others who have been on the list for a few years and never played a game, and then there is Ellis-Yolman who rates a 6!! What for? His international game!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else read the article by withered Bones today. Not one Crow player rated less than 5, including those who have just been recruited and others who have been on the list for a few years and never played a game, and then there is Ellis-Yolman who rates a 6!! What for? His international game!!
CEY - the next Goodes?

Never played a game. Meanwhile over at Alberton ..... Wait for Impey to get a 5 and Wines a 7 (yes Wines just one point ahead of CEY).

SAGreat.

908086-kane-and-graham.jpg

Graham is not too impressed with Kane's reaction to the news..

There are so many captions to be created for this pic, "Yes Kane...leather-face IS genetic"

CEY - the next Goodes?

Never played a game. Meanwhile over at Alberton ..... Wait for Impey to get a 5 and Wines a 7 (yes Wines just one point ahead of CEY).

SAGreat.

To be fair to him, he has played one AFL game. He came of the bench in a game at the MCG (IIRC) and failed to have an impact.

That's worth a 6 according to Bone.

CEY - the next Goodes?

SAGreat.

The propensity for even the more reasonable members of the local media to go glass half-full on the Crows' everything and glass half-empty on everything Port never ceases to raise an eyebrow.

Take the whole "finals chokers" thing.

We've been forever labelled as such for the infamous first week home losses of 2002 and 2003, but since the 03 QF loss to Sydney we've gone 7-0 in September at home (3-5 away) with not a single one-and-done in our five subsequent finals appearances.

On the other hand, since the lightning-in-a-bottle 97/98 triumphs, Stephen Rowe's favourite team has gone 6-12 (1-9 away) in finals with 2 home QF losses, 1 home PF loss, 1 home EF loss and three one-and-dones in the 9 subsequent finals series.

But again, we're always seen as the lucky flakes just making up the numbers while they're the tribute to hardened professionalism who are always discussed as a flag chance, sneaky or otherwise.

Classic faith over evidence.

The propensity for even the more reasonable members of the local media to go glass half-full on the Crows' everything and glass half-empty on everything Port never ceases to raise an eyebrow.

We've been forever labelled as such for the infamous first week home losses of 2002 and 2003, but since the 03 QF loss to Sydney we've gone 7-0 in September at home (3-5 away) with not a single one-and-done in our five subsequent finals appearances.

On the other hand, since the lightning-in-a-bottle 97/98 triumphs, Stephen Rowe's favourite team has gone 6-12 (1-9 away) in finals with 2 home QF losses, 1 home PF loss, 1 home EF loss and three one-and-dones in the 9 subsequent finals series.

But again, we're always seen as the lucky flakes just making up the numbers while they're the tribute to hardened professionalism who are always discussed as a flag chance, sneaky or otherwise.

nice stats tribey

In good ol SA the truth can get in the way
we'll fix it by ignoring it
don't want the facts to get in the way now do we
especially if you wanna keep your job
get it ?
got it ?
good !
toe the line or we'll get ya

Setting the 'Post of the Day' standard early there Tribey.

Rooch returns and starts working the angles. First he tells us to get out of postcode 5015 and when we do he asks if we will lose touch with the common supporter.

Have a look at close enough to 50,000 turning up every week, rising toward 60,000 members and tell me if Port is connecting with its supporter base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back