NAB Challenge - Carlton v West Coast Friday 7.10PM est - Mandurah

Remove this Banner Ad

758 posts since Friday. Fair to say we've missed our footy. Can't say I've missed the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth from some, but a small price to pay for having some real action to discuss!

Missed the game on Friday so thanks to all for the news and reviews.

Time to let it go folks.

There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that has occurred and the thread was cleaned up.

A Banter thread was set up for a specific reason and from ODN's op:-

No excuses folks. If you want to come to the Blues board to engage in some banter at Carlton's expense, you can now do so. Best of all there is no excuse for misbehaving in any of our other threads.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2015-banter-thread-opposition-supporters-welcome.1085144/

Time to let it go folks.

There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that has occurred and the thread was cleaned up.
I think that is a fair point, posters are not aware of or have the info that Moderators are privy to.

The Age report today laments our forwards conversion rate, and says that without Waite and Garlett our forward line "wasn't pretty".

The journo, Brad Elborough, then decides to use some stats to prove his point.

"But despite 30 entries into their attacking 50' they scored only 6 goals and 5 behinds" highlights Brad.

"The Eagles, with Josh Kennedy and Mark LeCras kicking multiple goal, booted 10.15 from their 55 entries into the forward 50."

Thanks Brad, so Carltons misfiring forwards ONLY converted a goal from every 5 entries, whereas West Coast BOOTED a goal from every 5.5. Keep up the good work dude!

View attachment 112895
11 scoring shots from 30 entries is only 36% versus the WC 25 from 55 at 45%
I think the journo had some valid points drawing those stats out - its a concern of mine
The fact we kicked reasonably straight and they didn't just hid the fact we fielded a team 10 goals worse then theirs - not really concerned - our choice to do that

Did the journo point out that the biggest concern - lack of forward entries - from memory that was a concern last year and probably why we went for Boekhurst. Lets hope Cripps gives us more inside possessions and we start to minimise turnovers from blind kicks (less Robinson might help in that area)

Very easy to bash the journos but I reckon if they make valid points then I think the only thing for the Blues to do is to field a stronger team and maybe tweak the game plan - lets hope for all of us they start to do that

I for one think we have the makings of a better year than last year

I hope not. But right now, we're at least a year from the eight.

Couldn't agree more.

& wouldn't b surprised if we finish bottom 5 this year, however the overall direction the club is heading seems more positive the last 2 or so years (although would've like to keep Rogers).

sometimes when theres significant change for the better it takes a while to bed down, and things often get worse b4 getting better.

How can our forwards be attacked when its our mids job to get it there? We fielded a 2s midfield against an afl strength mid. Brownlow medalist too.

So many positives to take away. The kids would have learnt a ton in the midfield. The forwards converted well and perhaps they will have learnt if its not coming in to go down and help. The posession difference and inside 50 count was so one sided we should have lost by 60+ easily, so our defense did incredibly well. At this stage Jaksch looks like we did the right thing in that trade.

Lots of good stuff folks. Lets go round 2!

We miss out on a lot of interaction that the other boards have because we seem to be so trigger happy in running them out of here.
Agreed, it's absolutely ridiculous.
Garbage. Plenty of respectful opposition posters get the appropriate treatment here. Go on to the Tiger, Bomber or Pie Board with the equivalent behaviour of this de Gooey thing and see how you are received.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've posted on all 3 of those boards and not had an issue
You are the very essence of decorum and sensitivity. As if you would ever carry on like the twerp that was here earlier. It wasn't here to discuss footy, just s**t-stir and see how much it could get away with.

What's a plotter?
Pinky_brain.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back