NAB Challenge - Carlton v West Coast Friday 7.10PM est - Mandurah

Remove this Banner Ad

so any chance you can the whole match like you did the boekhorsts run thingee ? would love to see the game just to see new faces.
Omg are you the guy from dinner for shmucks?? All the girls like you for some reason, reckon you could teach me?

Agree, have to put up with poor camera work/angles etc because of the 2nd rate venues they play at.
The camera shots at this game were ******* terrible and it had less to do with the venue and much, much more to do with the shitty camerawork and terrible choices from 'the van'. At one point someone had a shot for goal and the camera guy zoomed in SO close on the ball in the air that you couldnt actually tell whether it was a goal, a behind, or an OOTF Casboult special.

Then some bloke goes for a big dash down the wing and instead of open the view up or choosing a better camera, old matey potatie in 'the van' or behind the camera tries to get a 1080p image of Boekhorst's nose hairs! Coz, you know, makes for great viewing.

Amateurs...

IMO graham will not be a good long term prospect. Wish him all the best, but just don't see the attribute that gets him 20+ possies a week

When the tennis was on - the commentators regularly made the point "players need a weapon".

I think the same applies to AFL footballers.

Each of them need to be seriously good at minimum one aspect of their game.

Be it speed/skill (Brad Hill), footy nouse (Rockliffe), mobility/size (Blikcavs).

I can't see what NG's weapon is - he just seems like a solid all-round footballer but not particularly special at any one aspect - and likely won't make it at the top level.

Hope I am wrong though.

The camera shots at this game were ******* terrible and it had less to do with the venue and much, much more to do with the shitty camerawork and terrible choices from 'the van'. At one point someone had a shot for goal and the camera guy zoomed in SO close on the ball in the air that you couldnt actually tell whether it was a goal, a behind, or an OOTF Casboult special.

Then some bloke goes for a big dash down the wing and instead of open the view up or choosing a better camera, old matey potatie in 'the van' or behind the camera tries to get a 1080p image of Boekhorst's nose hairs! Coz, you know, makes for great viewing.

Amateurs...
No close up on the switch of play to the outer side was a feature also.

While we're on the topic of camerawork, I HATE football camerawork. I think close ups of moving play is the worst. You have no idea whats around or ahead of the player.

I would love if they just stopped with close ups.

While we're on the topic of camerawork, I HATE football camerawork. I think close ups of moving play is the worst. You have no idea whats around or ahead of the player.

Couldn't agree more !!!!

#ENDTHEZOOM

When the tennis was on - the commentators regularly made the point "players need a weapon".

I think the same applies to AFL footballers.

Each of them need to be seriously good at minimum one aspect of their game.

Be it speed/skill (Brad Hill), footy nouse (Rockliffe), mobility/size (Blikcavs).

I can't see what NG's weapon is - he just seems like a solid all-round footballer but not particularly special at any one aspect - and likely won't make it at the top level.

Hope I am wrong though.

I think you answered that yourself. His special talent is that he's a footballer. You surely need a few of those amidst your weapons? On balance, he might need a lot more games, and we might need a lot more patience. I was hoping for more against WC, but let's give him time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been nodding my head at all this talk about camerawork. When I was watching the game I was trying to watch Touhy closely. In the intra club, and again in this game, Tuohy arched his back, and backed his first 10 yards of pace against his opponent instead of bombing long. So far, this has yielded mixed results. The thing is though, you can't tell if he should have taken the first option, or backed himself to get free - because the bleedin' cameraman has zoomed right in, so that all you can see is Zach in full frame. What daft way is that to watch football? If I want that image I'll buy a poster like a 10 year old. Let us see his options!

I agree, BUT I felt like some people were acting superior because I was a newbie at the time, like my view was irrelevant... Just saying anyone should be able to say or express whatever they feel, Big believer in freedom of speech as long as its fair and not offensive to anyone personally!! Healthy debate is always encouraged as long as you're not shutting the poster down which I also might be guilty of at times although it was coming more out of frustration then anything else... We all love the blues and should stick together!! Im getting a bit emotional lol just jokes... ;)
Irrelevant?? Only vets get ignored with such respect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back