News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, just admit you wear your clash jumper once a year, and North and Geelong aren't the ones the AFL needs to go hard on.

Collingwood has one of the best clash jumpers in the league, and also historically prominent, but it rarely gets used. We wear our inverse about 5 times a year.
I know we should wear our clash a lot more than we do but I think that no teams should have a white home jumper anymore.

I know we should wear our clash a lot more than we do but I think that no teams should have a white home jumper anymore.
I_dont_know_anything_anymore-Paul_Kelly.mp3

The AFL could also grow balls and tell Norf and Geelong to make their Home darker. Norf could wear the V and Geelong could wear reversed hoops.
Any more? Why not? What has changed to make wearing white at home wrong?
There is nothing wrong with allowing teams to have a white-based home kit.
If they will wear white shorts on occasion to create an all-white kit, and other teams have a kit that is NOT white-based to wear against them, then let them have their traditional/preferred guernseys as well.

If Geelong had a mainly-navy kit, Collingwood would have to wear a more-white kit - there's an irony! Make a team change from mainly-white to mainly-navy, with the result being another team having to wear mainly white instead!

There is nothing wrong with allowing teams to have a white-based home kit.
If they will wear white shorts on occasion to create an all-white kit, and other teams have a kit that is NOT white-based to wear against them, then let them have their traditional/preferred guernseys as well.

If Geelong had a mainly-navy kit, Collingwood would have to wear a more-white kit - there's an irony! Make a team change from mainly-white to mainly-navy, with the result being another team having to wear mainly white instead!
What I'm saying is I'd be fine if the instance you mentioned was to happen. Collingwood would wear their clash more. Also the away team should have to wear a clash jumper and away shorts.

Why?

Teams with white home jumpers means that clubs get to wear their traditional dark jumpers in away games. Only Geelong has to wear an away jumper against North.

What I'm saying is I'd be fine if the instance you mentioned was to happen. Collingwood would wear their clash more. Also the away team should have to wear a clash jumper and away shorts.
Unless the HOME team has a white jumper, in which case they should wear white shorts if needed and the AWAY team should wear a not-white jumper and not-white shorts.

The AFL could also grow balls and tell Norf and Geelong to make their Home darker. Norf could wear the V and Geelong could wear reversed hoops.
so magπ fans will go up in arms that the white with black stripes not being their heritage (which it is), but when another team uses the jumper they've had almost all of their AFL/VFL history magπ fans can tell them to change it?
we have a clash that we wear when needed, even in home games at times, but let's not bring that up...

just because magπ's went from light to dark, doesn't mean everyone has to.

so magπ fans will go up in arms that the white with black stripes not being their heritage (which it is), but when another team uses the jumper they've had almost all of their AFL/VFL history magπ fans can tell them to change it?
we have a clash that we wear when needed, even in home games at times, but let's not bring that up...

just because magπ's went from light to dark, doesn't mean everyone has to.
I prefer the dark jumper over the light jumper and I think it would work better clash wise if Norf and Geelong went to mostly coloured jumpers.

I prefer the dark jumper over the light jumper and I think it would work better clash wise if Norf and Geelong went to mostly coloured jumpers.
so do i, but that's no reason to swap all but 7 years of our AFL/VFL history.
also, we're literally allowing all but one team to wear their home against us, how is that worse clash wise?
even with Geelong, the Away team wear their dark kit, the home wears their light kit, not hard!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It already works fine clash-wise when North and Geelong's opponents wear mostly coloured jumpers.

no no no no no no no no.
no.
North home with blue shorts for the win.
North home with white shorts for the clash.
Here's the problem that North's and Geelong's jumpers look better with the coloured shorts but so many people think it looks messy when the other team wears a dark jumper with the white shorts against them.

clashyellowshorts.gif

#yellowshortsdammit

Looks amazing.

larrikin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back