Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come nobody thinks that Basset may get the main job at Essendon when Heird is sacked (which may be soon now)?

Harvey was brought in to the club. He will be the acceptable 'alternative' stand in. They also have Neeld and Craig. They topped up on senior coaching appointments.

Harvey was brought in to the club. He will be the acceptable 'alternative' stand in. They also have Neeld and Craig. They topped up on senior coaching appointments.

I'm pretty sure you're right. I put that in in sarcastically because last year, when we were looking for a coach, some here were hoping we'd take Basset.
So, I find it funny that Basset may have been good enough for us, but not for Essendon.:confused::D

Say what you will about Rowey but he is in tight with quite a few ex-crows and Norwood people, Bicks is also in tight with ex-crows. Basset wanting to come doesn't mean he will come back, but it's believable that if he does want to come back, Rowey and Bicks would hear about it.

I think Bassett would be perfect for our young backline, but I get the feeling Walsh already has a few people in mind that he wants to bring onto his team but was unable to for this season, Brendon Lade is one of those people.
Lade is contracted for another 2 yrs.
Is Milburn out of contract at end of 2015?

So Davis a certainty to head back to the Crows .......again inside sources :rolleyes:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-03/davis-a-giant-resigning

Can't recall anyone claiming to have inside word of Davis returning, happy for you to produce otherwise

I said months ago that it was never going to happen, Davis as Capt of GWS is 100% invested into GWS and there was never any doubt of Phil leaving

I think it was more speculation and wishful thinking on some peoples behalf

Can't recall anyone claiming to have inside word of Davis returning, happy for you to produce otherwise

I said months ago that it was never going to happen, Davis as Capt of GWS is 100% invested into GWS and there was never any doubt of Phil leaving

I think it was more speculation and wishful thinking on some peoples behalf

He returns to Adelaide every break he gets and the club, had said they were talking to him last trade period, he and his missus and Dangerfield's missus are best friends. Just because he stayed doesn't mean he wasn't close to coming back. Who knows maybe the AFC even lost interest when they picked up Lever.

He returns to Adelaide every break he gets and the club, had said they were talking to him last trade period, he and his missus and Dangerfield's missus are best friends. Just because he stayed doesn't mean he wasn't close to coming back. Who knows maybe the AFC even lost interest when they picked up Lever.

He returns to Adelaide every break because his missus is from Adel

The fact that Danger, Davis and their partners are besties means sweet FA when it comes to contracts in my books

Finally living in Sydney it is quite obvious that Davis is 100% invested and committed to GWS

Back to my point and in response to WW I can't recall any posters on here claiming to have a reliable source that was saying Davis was coming home

Danger to GWS - swap for JC?

Rowey reckons Nathan Bassett will want to return to SA after this season, he says Ken Hinkley is a huge fan of Bassetts and thinks he will go to port. Port will then use Basset to help them get Aish over the line.

Quite a few hypotheticals in Rowey's speculation there lol :)

I'm quietly confident that if he does come home, there is only one club he'll return to - and it wont be Port Adelaide.

We won't be able to steal him like Hawthorn did with Gunston, but will probably get him for a first rounder and probably a 2nd as well. He'd still be very good value at that.

According to family members he would like to come home, but the big question is this, will he?

Quite a few hypotheticals in Rowey's speculation there lol :)

I'm quietly confident that if he does come home, there is only one club he'll return to - and it wont be Port Adelaide.

We won't be able to steal him like Hawthorn did with Gunston, but will probably get him for a first rounder and probably a 2nd as well. He'd still be very good value at that.

According to family members he would like to come home, but the big question is this, will he?

He loves being at the Norwood Football Club :p

He returns to Adelaide every break because his missus is from Adel

The fact that Danger, Davis and their partners are besties means sweet FA when it comes to contracts in my books

Finally living in Sydney it is quite obvious that Davis is 100% invested and committed to GWS

Back to my point and in response to WW I can't recall any posters on here claiming to have a reliable source that was saying Davis was coming home

Are you standing by the claim that Sloane signed towards the end of last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there is the opportunity to get Aish by trading our first rounder and a player.

Aish should be valued as slightly less than Beams.

How is he even close to Beams? The kid has had one year in the AFL and performed ok. Beams is an absolute gun. He has proved for years that he is in the top 10 midfielders and still has 8+ years left in him.

How is he even close to Beams? The kid has had one year in the AFL and performed ok. Beams is an absolute gun. He has proved for years that he is in the top 10 midfielders and still has 8+ years left in him.

And?:confused:

I am not comparing the quality of the player but their worth on the trade market.;) Do you really believe that all Brisbane will want is just a top 10 pick?:rolleyes:

For Aish they will expect a top 10 pick and a player or second rounder.

He's a top 10 draft pick and nothing in his career so far proves otherwise hence it will take a fair bit to extract him and I'd say worth it . He's not as good as beams because he's 19, at the same age he's no worse

He's a top 10 draft pick and nothing in his career so far proves otherwise hence it will take a fair bit to extract him and I'd say worth it . He's not as good as beams because he's 19, at the same age he's no worse

There's a lot of guys who've looked amazing at 19 and amounted to nothing. He's worth a first round pick and a small bonus.

But at 19, Beams wouldn't have cost a first and second round pick...would have struggled to get a first rounder. Look Aish had a good first season but lets not get silly here, he is worth a first round pick, which given our last seven years should be a top 10 pick

And?:confused:

I am not comparing the quality of the player but their worth on the trade market.;) Do you really believe that all Brisbane will want is just a top 10 pick?:rolleyes:

For Aish they will expect a top 10 pick and a player or second rounder.
In a scenario where he walks out on the club uncontracted and nominates another club, his worth decreases. They can only expect to get what he's worth if he demands a trade while contracted.

In a scenario where he walks out on the club uncontracted and nominates another club, his worth decreases. They can only expect to get what he's worth if he demands a trade while contracted.

Anyone from the Aish family is too classy to ever pull that maneuver. Mind you if it were the Tippett family........:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back