How's the 2015 talent pool shaping Up?

Remove this Banner Ad

A pity they did not have a grandfather/Grandson rule in last draft. The Saints could have claimed Ian Cooper's Grandson tom Lamb.

Collingwood would love that rule as well with Murray Wieldman’s Grandson

A pity they did not have a grandfather/Grandson rule in last draft. The Saints could have claimed Ian Cooper's Grandson tom Lamb.
He's not as good as you think so it's all good

Jack Silvagni 190+cm forward going to be interesting for Oakleigh Chargers.. he can take a mean grab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Lockyer talking up the WA u18 squad:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/wafl/a/26581288/state-coach-says-carnival-talent-has-surprised-him/

WA won just one game at last year's championships, with recruiters tipping another poor year for the State in 2015.
However, Lockyer said watching players at a talent day last month had given him confidence.

The squad will be selected after round five of the WAFL season.

"I reckon at the talent day we were actually pleasantly surprised by the amount of talent that we've got," Lockyer said.
"We probably underestimated the amount of talent coming through. From our squad point of view there's certainly some guys that are going to be pretty exciting to watch through the 18s championships."

He's not as good as you think so it's all good

Tom Lamb has looked the goods in the scratch matches for what they are worth - tipped to take Jack Darlings role up forward whilst he is out injured:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/26581287/lamb-could-sizzle-up-forward-says-priddis/

Darling is battling a stress fracture in his right foot and will be one of the few big names missing against the Dockers, along with Eric Mackenzie (knee), who is out for the season.

Priddis liked what he saw from Lamb against the Power, with the youngster producing a lively performance in attack.
The 18-year-old was a bright spark with 14 possessions, six marks and a goal in his third pre-season game.
With Darling no certainty to be fit for round one .... 193cm Lamb shapes as a forward option.
"Tom Lamb I thought was fantastic in getting us going (against Port)," Priddis said.
"He brought some real energy with his forward-line pressure and took some good marks for us, kicked a goal and from there I think we were in the contest."He's a really good size, has elite endurance and brings a lot of energy to the forward line.
"He could fill the shoes of Jack Darling early."

He plays a similar game to Darling in terms of energy & forward pressure, good fit.

Andrew Lockyer talking up the WA u18 squad:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/wafl/a/26581288/state-coach-says-carnival-talent-has-surprised-him/

WA won just one game at last year's championships, with recruiters tipping another poor year for the State in 2015.
However, Lockyer said watching players at a talent day last month had given him confidence.

The squad will be selected after round five of the WAFL season.

"I reckon at the talent day we were actually pleasantly surprised by the amount of talent that we've got," Lockyer said.
"We probably underestimated the amount of talent coming through. From our squad point of view there's certainly some guys that are going to be pretty exciting to watch through the 18s championships."

WA might be the only team that will even get close to Vic country this year.

Tom Lamb has looked the goods in the scratch matches for what they are worth - tipped to take Jack Darlings role up forward whilst he is out injured:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/26581287/lamb-could-sizzle-up-forward-says-priddis/

Darling is battling a stress fracture in his right foot and will be one of the few big names missing against the Dockers, along with Eric Mackenzie (knee), who is out for the season.

Priddis liked what he saw from Lamb against the Power, with the youngster producing a lively performance in attack.
The 18-year-old was a bright spark with 14 possessions, six marks and a goal in his third pre-season game.
With Darling no certainty to be fit for round one .... 193cm Lamb shapes as a forward option.
"Tom Lamb I thought was fantastic in getting us going (against Port)," Priddis said.
"He brought some real energy with his forward-line pressure and took some good marks for us, kicked a goal and from there I think we were in the contest."He's a really good size, has elite endurance and brings a lot of energy to the forward line.
"He could fill the shoes of Jack Darling early."

He plays a similar game to Darling in terms of energy & forward pressure, good fit.
Well it's not like priddis was gonna say he's s&@£

Yeah well he played well in a practice match for the Chargers. Took a nice grab and Nailed a goal from well outside50.
But seeing that you like to spend your time bagging out 17yr kids. I guess will take your word for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back