2015 Round 1 Line up

Remove this Banner Ad

So in round 1 eagles won't have a few players I will name some of them I'm not 100 percent sure on some of these
Selwood
Darling
Mckenzie
There was one more but I can't remember who any way I guess this kinda gives us a chance rnd 1
Won't be many better chances to win this year than the Eagles in melbourne without mckenzie, darling and selwood (is he definitely out??).

Anyone else a little nervous about our attacking game plan? Long term I like it - but short term with a young side - we could seriously leak ALOT of goals if there isnt much of a defensive plan in place?

I remember twice on the weekend the Tigers going end to end and kicking an easy goal in 3-4 kicks.

Anyone else a little nervous about our attacking game plan? Long term I like it - but short term with a young side - we could seriously leak ALOT of goals if there isnt much of a defensive plan in place?

I remember twice on the weekend the Tigers going end to end and kicking an easy goal in 3-4 kicks.

Bev identified those goals in the presser and said he will fix it. You could notice a huge improvement in our defenders positioning which allowed them to intercept the ball on the way out and have repeat entries.

Might be some early pain while the teething issues are resolved though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching the game on Saturday, I think our forward line should look like this round 1. Probably will change after the two other nab games judging on form haha :)

FF: Dickson/grant T.Boyd Dahl

HF: Crameri, Redpath/Campbell/Cordy, Hrovat/Hunter/Honney

This side gives us 2 talls, 2 medium/agiles and 2 smalls leaving plenty of miss matches as boyd/cramers would get either 1st or 2nd defender Dahl or red getting 3 or fourth defenders and Dickson and Hrovat can easily outclass 5th and 6th defenders. Hopefully Redpath keeps form, what a beast! Ended up playing ruck rover on Saturday at his size!

*for stringer if crammers if suspended he takes his spot, if he isn't he takes Dickson/grants position and either one moves to the bench

Got a feeling we might see more stringer in the midfield without libba. Happy for him and crammers to rotate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible one or more of honey, hrovat, hunter, or others really step up to cover the loss of liberatore, but it requires a real quantum leap for them to get anywhere near his output.

A natural improvement is demanded from all of them.

The guy who could really bridge the hole left by Tom liberatore to my mind is clay smith. Those of us who saw the form he was In when he injured his knee last year saw something quite incredible in his last few games.

Judging by his training, He is clearly champing at the bit again to play . The club will no doubt be extra cautious after a second knee injury but at some point he will be released and assuming he remains fit - I predict some vote catching performances from clay.

While some of the others may jump up in output - clay only needs to stay fit .

I hate to sound trollish but ..he's coming back from 2 recos in how long?
going to be tougher this time for clay
dont think he will be right for some time yet
he may play rd1 one but logic suggests he will need at least half a season to get match fit
whatever the case we will learn a bit about just how good our young midfield is

Sorry guys but some of the things I see in here are just so far from realistic its laughable

I have faith that Smith is good enough to make it but will his body let him and if it does he won't have a lot of effect this year , the kid has had next to zero footy for 2 years he cannot walk into the mid and carry the load

Mccrae 90kg?? Really? He isn't that fast as it is and then to add at least another ten kilos to that frame will make him slower than treacle.

I think one thing the Libba injury has shown us is this so called great young midfield isn't so great :(

The foundation is there but there isn't a lot of depth

Sorry guys but some of the things I see in here are just so far from realistic its laughable

I have faith that Smith is good enough to make it but will his body let him and if it does he won't have a lot of effect this year , the kid has had next to zero footy for 2 years he cannot walk into the mid and carry the load

Mccrae 90kg?? Really? He isn't that fast as it is and then to add at least another ten kilos to that frame will make him slower than treacle.

I think one thing the Libba injury has shown us is this so called great young midfield isn't so great :(

The foundation is there but there isn't a lot of depth

Or perhaps it might be your posts that are laughable?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clay is an absolute animal, he needs to be held back for his own good. He could be half way through ACL surgery and tell the surgeon he's fine, put him back in the game.

Morris.

Roughie gets Nic nat/Lycett
Wood gets lecras
Talia gets whoever they play in darlings role.

From the sound of it Bevvo is the type of coach who won't play Morris on 195+cm guys. I think we're more likely to play Hamling or Talia on Kennedy with Rough to play on their resting ruck. I would like to see Morris play on Lecras. Also looks like McGovern (195cm) is having a good year so their forward line might look like this:

FF: Lecras-(morris) Kennedy-(Talia) Lycett-(Roughead)
HF: Shuey-(Murphy) McGovern-(Hamling) Hill-(Wood)

I'm guessing they might throw someone like McGinnity down there as a defensive forward on Murphy.

By the way Callum Sinclair (another tall forward option) is currently out with an injured finger. This means they are down 3 talls:

Darling
Mckenzie
Sinclair

From the sound of it Bevvo is the type of coach who won't play Morris on 195+cm guys. I think we're more likely to play Hamling or Talia on Kennedy with Rough to play on their resting ruck. I would like to see Morris play on Lecras. Also looks like McGovern (195cm) is having a good year so their forward line might look like this:

FF: Lecras-(morris) Kennedy-(Talia) Lycett-(Roughead)
HF: Shuey-(Murphy) McGovern-(Hamling) Hill-(Wood)

I'm guessing they might throw someone like McGinnity down there as a defensive forward on Murphy.

By the way Callum Sinclair (another tall forward option) is currently out with an injured finger. This means they are down 3 talls:

Darling
Mckenzie
Sinclair
McGovern will take Mackenzie's spot at CHB I imagine. They might play McInnes in Darling's spot.

Sounds like Bev doesn't want Moz playing on the number 1 forwards anymore though. I'd send Talia to him first up, time to step up.
Dare I say it, Kennedy will kick 10 if he plays one out on Talia. We need to defend them all as a group, not as one on one defenders. We would be seriously asking for trouble if we try and play them all one on one.

Dare I say it, Kennedy will kick 10 if he plays one out on Talia. We need to defend them all as a group, not as one on one defenders. We would be seriously asking for trouble if we try and play them all one on one.

He always seems to get a hold of us

The matchup I'm really keen to see in round one is Wood on LeCras. We all saw how good Easton looked vs Richmond, now do it against one of the best mid sized forwards in the comp.

The matchup I'm really keen to see in round one is Wood on LeCras. We all saw how good Easton looked vs Richmond, now do it against one of the best mid sized forwards in the comp.

Think Moz will go to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back