NFL 2015 - Off Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking it further, if the Bucs land Foles as part of the mega-deal, then they will probably look to move Glennon on, given they're about the same vintage, play the same position and are quite similar in terms of their playing style. The Bills and the Browns are already out of the QB market, having traded for Cassel and signed McCown respectively, so the market for QBs is beginning to shrink. I suspect the Jets won't be active trade partners because they're already out either a sixth round or fourth round pick, depending on whether they keep or can Harvin.

The Bucs could end up finding that the market for Glennon is not that strong because other teams, in this market, would rather throw money at a free agent QB than give up a pick to acquire one through a trade.

At the moment, the Bucs do actually have an offence that can rack up yards and produce points if they have the right guy under centre. Going into the 2015 season, as it currently stands, they have Evans and V-Jax as the primary wide receivers, ASJ as the first team TE, and Martin, Rainey and Sims at running back. Subtract Evans from that list of skill position players and the offence doesn't look anywhere near as strong.

The more I think about it, the less upside I see for Tampa Bay in this deal.

which is why the Bucs have been linked to Winston.....

I think you're giving too much credit to Philly
They've gone 10-6 in consecutive seasons with players Kelly doesn't believe fit his system or appear to be personalities he is not too fond of. If he's embarking on a program that builds the team he wants, I have no problem with that.

Right now, the Eagles look like the Dockers trophy cabinet; bare. By the start of the season, the opposite may be true and the picks the Bucs receive will continue to be mid to late round picks.

They've gone 10-6 in consecutive seasons with players Kelly doesn't believe fit his system or appear to be personalities he is not too fond of. If he's embarking on a program that builds the team he wants, I have no problem with that.

Right now, the Eagles look like the Dockers trophy cabinet; bare. By the start of the season, the opposite may be true and the picks the Bucs receive will continue to be mid to late round picks.
I am confused as to why, when the Skins decide to build the team they want, they are failures, but when the Eagles do it they're embarking on a program to success.

This isn't Kelly getting guys that he thinks fit his NFL system. It's him getting guys that fit his college system and seeing how that translates to the NFL.

You think it's OK to trade away 3 years worth of picks for a QB from a system? Bizarre

He is obviously a homer and it clouds his judgement (Huff in the third???)

Eagles would be crazy to do that deal. If Mariota turns out to be a dud that will negatively impact Evans. Also do u you think opposing defences will take a different approach with no McCoy in the backfield?

There's a wealth of WR talent in this year's draft, yeah may not be Evans-like studs....but man trading away your first two picks for the next 3 years??!! When has that ever worked?

I am confused as to why, when the Skins decide to build the team they want, they are failures, but when the Eagles do it they're embarking on a program to success.

This isn't Kelly getting guys that he thinks fit his NFL system. It's him getting guys that fit his college system and seeing how that translates to the NFL.

You think it's OK to trade away 3 years worth of picks for a QB from a system? Bizarre

He is obviously a homer and it clouds his judgement (Huff in the third???)
The talent on the Skins team is and never was comparable to that of the Eagles. It's not rocket science.

Further to the point, I said it doesn't bother me if he's building the team he wants but it's not the approach I would take. I thought I made that clear in my initial post.

The talent on the Skins team is and never was comparable to that of the Eagles. It's not rocket science.

Further to the point, I said it doesn't bother me if he's building the team he wants but it's not the approach I would take. I thought I made that clear in my initial post.
Again, you are giving them too much credit. Skins roster wasn't that bad, they had some good pieces. Fairly similar to the Eagles I reckon. Good front 7, with toilet secondary. some good pieces on O. Let's not forget that RGIII took them to playoffs in his first season. They couldn't have been that bad.

In fact the reason they are so bad now is because he got injured and they had no draft picks. A situation the Eagles are a real chance to face themselves.

Good on him for building his own team eh? He is doing it through they two most ill-proven ways of doing it. Spending $$$ in FA and selling the farm to move up

Again, you are giving them too much credit. Skins roster wasn't that bad, they had some good pieces. Fairly similar to the Eagles I reckon. Good front 7, with toilet secondary. some good pieces on O. Let's not forget that RGIII took them to playoffs in his first season. They couldn't have been that bad.

In fact the reason they are so bad now is because he got injured and they had no draft picks. A situation the Eagles are a real chance to face themselves.

Good on him for building his own team eh? He is doing it through they two most ill-proven ways of doing it. Spending $$$ in FA and selling the farm to move up
I don't need to say anything other than to bring your attention to the win-loss records of the respective teams over the past few seasons.

Philadelphia >

Washington.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't need to say anything other than to bring your attention to the win-loss records of the respective teams over the past few seasons.

Philadelphia >

Washington.
What would Washinton's win loss be if they didn't trade three drafts away for a system QB?

Philadelphia >

Washington.

Washington Redskins playoff appearances since 2012: 1
Philadelphia Eagles playoff appearances since 2012: 1

The only win-loss records that matter are neither team has done anything close to winning a Superbowl in the past few seasons.

I don't know nor do I care.
Ok then. So Eagles are better than Washington just because, and are going to expand that gap by making the exact same move that Washington did three years ago?

Ok then. So Eagles are better than Washington just because, and are going to expand that gap by making the exact same move that Washington did three years ago?
Are you being purposely *ed today?

The Eagles, in their current state, are better than Washington when they made the trade for RGME. If Philadelphia makes a similar trade, then a proper comparison can be made. Philadelphia has a more talented roster, a better Head Coach, a better FO and a less meddling owner. They also have cap space. Washington is not a comparable situation other than the trade.

It is not a difficult concept to grasp.

The Eagles, in their current state, are better than Washington when they made the trade for RGME.

I think that's debateable.

Who are the 'star' players currently on the Eagles roster? It's a roster full of holes. You've got a couple of good OL pieces and that's about it. Your pass rush, your secondary, your receivers and your HB are, at present, sub-par.

Washington at the time had guys like Orakpo and Kerrigan and Trent Williams, but similarly were a roster full of gaps.

I think that's debateable.

Who are the 'star' players currently on the Eagles roster? It's a roster full of holes. You've got a couple of good OL pieces and that's about it. Your pass rush, your secondary, your receivers and your HB are, at present, sub-par.

Washington at the time had guys like Orakpo and Kerrigan and Trent Williams, but similarly were a roster full of gaps.
If you wouldn't mind, stop referring to me as if I'm a Philadelphia supporter. It's rather insulting. ;)

If I can, I'll get back to you with a proper response when I have some real time to address your question.

Last edited:
Are you being purposely ******ed today?

The Eagles, in their current state, are better than Washington when they made the trade for RGME. If Philadelphia makes a similar trade, then a proper comparison can be made. Philadelphia has a more talented roster, a better Head Coach, a better FO and a less meddling owner. They also have cap space. Washington is not a comparable situation other than the trade.

It is not a difficult concept to grasp.
I don't think their roster is all that much better. Plus Eagles are giving up a whole lot more. No firsts or seconds for THREE years.

They traded Shady so they have not a whole lot at RB (neither did Washington, but they had the RB whisperer as a head coach)

Matthews and Evans are god-tier WRs, but I am not a firm believer in WRs being the answer

Decent line with top tier LT (Eagles have a better line)

Their defenses are very similar good front sevens with toilet secondaries

There is probably less mess in the front office, but there were reports that the locker room was quite bad last year.

I just don't think the situations are too dissimilar that one move could be good when the other is crap

Uhhh okay...
I am intrigued as to why they would not be considered god tier WRs for years to come.

They put up close to 2000 yards in their rookie seasons with McCown, Sanchez, Foles and Glennon throwing to them. Neither were the clear cut WR1 at any point either (Jackson and Maclin)

Not saying next year they will be tier one, but if all of the WRs went into a pool and we drafted them, they would probably both be close to top 10 picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back