WBD 2015 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I am concerned about some posters in here, and if I were Sam Darley and Clay Smith, I would be even more concerned...
Considering Josh Prudden is still alive (and not yet violated) I don't think Smith or Darley have much to worry about. ;)

Man i pray Clay Smith gets a good run now injury wise - That kid has potential to be elite - Many opposition players are scared of him from what i have been told by a few people in the know ...

Considering Josh Prudden is still alive (and not yet violated) I don't think Smith or Darley have much to worry about. ;)
Oh you poor sweet innocent little flower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hypotense-usa a Dangerous often fatal mental condition suffered by a fading empire.

Symptoms: a maniacal desire to drop bombs & invade countries . Increasingly paranoid often apocalyptic delusions and often the inevitable final break with reality when the patient will attempt to end all life on earth to preserve some vestige of their self importance.

Fukyeah

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-06/stringers-weighting-game.mobileapp

Pretty keen to see this guy in the centre square.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the season we just bite the bullet and just stick him in the middle and like Bonti have him play primarily as a mid. Might give the option of playing a 2nd ruck in the forward line as well and keeping Boyd deep forward (might be a tad too tall but if we left Dahlhaus + a couple of other smalls as permanent small forwards we could compensate for that). I have been heavily opposed to pushing him into the middle but with libba out it if their is any time we push him into the middle in his career nows the time.

My concern is Stringer's tank. At the moment his endurance simply isn't high enough to enable him to spend most of his time in the middle. It's encouraging that he's lost a heap of weight and that will serve him well for the future, but it'll take time for him to build his endurance. For now I'd expect to see him spend 40% of his time in the guts at the absolute most. Future years are another thing entirely, but the last thing we'd want to do is burn him out prematurely, make him more susceptible to injury, and have to nurse him through the second half of the season. Nice plan, but not yet.

Is this the season we just bite the bullet and just stick him in the middle and like Bonti have him play primarily as a mid. Might give the option of playing a 2nd ruck in the forward line as well and keeping Boyd deep forward (might be a tad too tall but if we left Dahlhaus + a couple of other smalls as permanent small forwards we could compensate for that). I have been heavily opposed to pushing him into the middle but with libba out it if their is any time we push him into the middle in his career nows the time.
He would get absolutely slaughtered on the defensive side. He's no way near ready for this and he may never be.

He would get absolutely slaughtered on the defensive side. He's no way near ready for this and he may never be.

My concern too, endurance and his defensive mindset. Maybe Crameri can somewhat fill the void in the centre, If none of Jong/Stevens/Wallis come on as we hope maybe one of Crameri/Stringer plays as a mid. Hope jake can get on the end of a couple in the Melbourne nab cup game.

What better way to learn though?

If he doesn't make it through the midfield and we have plans to play Boyd/Crameri plus an extra tall (eg. Redpath) he's simply going to have to improve his defensive output. We can't justify playing a forward line that tall without him doing some serious defensive grunt work. I reckon giving him minutes through the midfield and watching the havoc his opponents can cause if he's not defensively aware will help him improve in this area. Not to mention that if he does develop into a midfielder as a result we have a serious, serious player on our hands.

11046918_961586840532468_799158243699718103_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back