A role at the club for Brett Goodes? In 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this approach much better than your earlier suggestion of not drafting indigenous players simply because you think we've only ever had two good ones.

Have we had more than 2 good ones?

Serious question

As a kid saw Charlie Stuart (ex Goulburn Valley) in 1961 and from then on have always wanted us to include indigenous players as they can be so exciting and add so much to the game. If Goodes could have a role in developing young talent then great, would hate to see him go to the ferals and the centre at Punt Rd.

B Goodes would have been needed in 1962, think that Charlie was delisted after coming back to the club unfit or ????

Have we had more than 2 good ones?

Serious question

Has it occurred to you that players are good, or not good, for reasons other than their skin colour?

There have been a huge number of incredible indigenous players in the game, including the most exciting current player in the competition in Franklin.

We have not chosen the right players. Indigenous players are very over-represented in the AFL, so it isn't a question of whether or not they can play. We have chosen poorly compared to most other clubs - but that has been the story of our recruitment and player retention for 50 years.

Has it occurred to you that players are good, or not good, for reasons other than their skin colour?

There have been a huge number of incredible indigenous players in the game, including the most exciting current player in the competition in Franklin.

We have not chosen the right players. Indigenous players are very over-represented in the AFL, so it isn't a question of whether or not they can play. We have chosen poorly compared to most other clubs - but that has been the story of our recruitment and player retention for 50 years.

Mutt trying to make what I said a racist comment is pathetic

I wasn't referring to the AFL in general I was referring to the bulldogs and your trying to twist my words and you know it

The dogs have had a terrible history in this area and due to that history and that history only I said maybe we should stay away coz we can't pick them.

Your dislike of me is the only reason you took what I said down another path I never even mentioned

Mutt trying to make what I said a racist comment is pathetic

I wasn't referring to the AFL in general I was referring to the bulldogs and your trying to twist my words and you know it

The dogs have had a terrible history in this area and due to that history and that history only I said maybe we should stay away coz we can't pick them.

Your dislike of me is the only reason you took what I said down another path I never even mentioned

I strongly disagree that we should shy away from picking indigenous players - in fact we are missing out by being under-represented over the years.

You stated that we should draft players based on whether or not they are indigenous players. Cut it any way you like but that is a racist drafting policy. What do you think would happen if a journalist or coach made the same comments you did in the public press? It would be front page headlines and their career would be over - and rightly so.

I strongly disagree that we should shy away from picking indigenous players - in fact we are missing out by being under-represented over the years.

You stated that we should draft players based on whether or not they are indigenous players. Cut it any way you like but that is a racist drafting policy. What do you think would happen if a journalist or coach made the same comments you did in the public press? It would be front page headlines and their career would be over - and rightly so.

I'm offended that your attempting to make this a racist issue and am reporting this

I am one of the most mixed race humans on earth

Don't respond your blocked

I'm offended that your attempting to make this a racist issue and am reporting this

This is what you said MD:

Our club should stay the hell away from indigenous footballers !!

Wait a second this is not racist it's simply the fact we have no luck with them, in the history of our club I can name only 2 that were any good

Wally Bamblett and Magic McLean

That's it!!!! No more end of story!!

Stating that you are not being racist while you are making a racist comment does not save you.

Not at the club long enough and left so don't think we can count him sorry
I disagree there was a steady improvement from when he was rookie listed, and nothing suggests that he wouldn't have kept on improving at our club

As I said I think he would have been a real leader at the club if he stayed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I throw this out there AGAIN!!

Does anyone think Goodes can have a role in some sort of indigenous pathway??

Our history with indigenous players is poor at best and maybe he can help in this aspect and find us a gem and/or help them when they come to the club so they don't want to leave
Not to rain on your parade, but basically you're saying he can have his old job back except only deal with indigenous players instead of all players.

Sneaky bump, looks like no one saw a mid role coming... I liked Goodes in the middle last night as it kept Stringer more forward where he is dangerous and Goodes always seems to make it to a contest to influence it. Goodes strong body would be useful around the stoppages in the main season

Sneaky bump, looks like no one saw a mid role coming... I liked Goodes in the middle last night as it kept Stringer more forward where he is dangerous and Goodes always seems to make it to a contest to influence it. Goodes strong body would be useful around the stoppages in the main season
To be fair we didnt foresee libba going down with a acl injury

Sorry to invade but what chances is Goodes to get promoted and play this season (supercoach)

Honestly pretty good. He's had an impressive preseason and has been working on his fitness a lot & the loss of Libba means that we need a big body through the middle.

Has changed his body shape over time and is another left footer who seems to fit into the game style that Bevo is trying to develop. Deserves the upgrade and the chance to make it in the middle; he was clearly a class above VFL standard last year that it would be just reward for his efforts to see if he could be a consistent contributor at the higher level.

I have him in my Supercoach side. Gonna be a good cashcow.

Stay away

Will likely get elevated and play but will again be found to be lackin at AFL level

Stay away

Will likely get elevated and play but will again be found to be lackin at AFL level

I think we'll find when the kids are tired towards the end of the season we'll see more of him then. Hes not going to improve IMO and will be used when the options are thin.

I think we'll find when the kids are tired towards the end of the season we'll see more of him then. Hes not going to improve IMO and will be used when the options are thin.

Don't see much point using him at all imo

Taking games of kids at his age is pointless

We not gonna make the 8 so use every game we have to teach the kids

Those that think he will suddenly step up coz he played well in the VFL are kidding themselves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back