Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, would you bring on part timers now and save all the fast bowlers?
I would.
Try taking the ball off Starc and Faulkner though haha, they all want the last wicket..

Brutal ball there to the number 11

I thought it was completely unfair
And not needed

Always thought 330 would be ample. Not even close to it.
I think the hype/fear of Dhoni made it seem closer at the end. I mean we were comfortable and if we have the kiwis in that same position I'd be confident

I think the hype/fear of Dhoni made it seem closer at the end. I mean we were comfortable and if we have the kiwis in that same position I'd be confident
I think there was a stat that over 70% of the sixes NZ have hit this tournament wouldn't reach the boundary at the G.

Will be interesting to see how they handle that.

I think there was a stat that over 70% of the sixes NZ have hit this tournament wouldn't reach the boundary at the G.

They hit a lot of up and under shots don't they

I'm interested to see how less threatening Southee/Boult are at the G (if they are)

I'm calling it. Dhoni threw that game.

Didn't swing.
Didn't even run.

actually, ok, he ran. lol
what a throw.
Apparently in his press conference Dhoni basically admitted he had no faith in his lower order batsmen and the target wasn't achievable

He has a point... the Indian tail has barely contributed a run against us all summer

Apparently in his press conference Dhoni basically admitted he had no faith in his lower order batsmen and the target wasn't achievable

He has a point... the Indian tail has barely contributed a run against us all summer

That makes no sense.
My Mrs was reading a book and I made the comment that he isn't trying.

She didn't bat an eyelid and said "maybe he knows he can't reach it"

And I said, "BS, this is a semi final of a world cup, you try to win, he isn't. You hole out. You get bowled out"

That makes no sense.

And I said, "BS, this is a semi final of a world cup, you try to win, he isn't. You hole out. You get bowled out"
That right if you lose you lose.... doesn't matter if it's by 20 runs or 120

That makes no sense.

What was the stat. When he has been still in at the death...40 games and India won 38. Of course you do not keep that stat being in at the end in at the end in a non winnable game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the stat. When he has been still in at the death...40 games and India won 38. Of course you do not keep that stat being in at the end in at the end in a non winnable game.
Yes, but still need to win.

I heard a commentator say last night on radio. I can't understand what he was doing.
As a guy who had his biggest bet on a game that was thrown, I am Suss on this one.

Yes, but still need to win.

I heard a commentator say last night on radio. I can't understand what he was doing.
As a guy who had his biggest bet on a game that was thrown, I am Suss on this one.
You remind me of the sketch in Naked Gun ...the discussion on Boxing and Dreben's knowledge as far as who you never would bet on. Im not really a betting person but if we relate it to Cricket , I guess Id know who I wouldn't bet on .

New Zealand's batting won't be what wins them the final, their bowling will.

Much as I would like Australia to win I think the Kiwis are deserved favourites and I reckon they will probably win.

New Zealand's batting won't be what wins them the final, their bowling will.

Much as I would like Australia to win I think the Kiwis are deserved favourites and I reckon they will probably win.
I'm just highlighting how it could be their downfall.

I agree their bowling is the key, how effective Southee and Boult are on a surface that usually doesn't swing much or for very long will be important. Let either Finch or Warner get going and we'll post a big total.

However the most pivotal period I feel will be how we handle their trump card, Vettori on a big ground.

Think it will be a good final, a close contest I reckon.

I didn't mean to watch it. It came on after whatever I was watching. Cricket I guess.
But I zapped it quick smart.

relax, you're in the first stage: denial.:D

seriously, i myself have flicked channels looking for something to watch and come across it, paused for 10 secs then wondered WTF and zapped it to SBS news or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back